Excelsior V Twin build

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The wires Velo and I have are vintage reproduction of cloth that has a laquar coating,the real deal and they do have other stuff ,my dad has used Velo's hook up to re wire a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe all real cloth laquar coated,even harness's but now we're talk cars, I'll check the site see what they got though another hook is always a good thing.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Harry....I'm away for another week.....weather at home has been OK just hot.....Where I am at the moment in East Gippsland has been near bush fires but its raining here now and the situation is OK..hope you are OK....DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi .... Have received the oiler cups for the front axle rockers...these have a 1/4" thread and the cups are about 3/8" in diameter...drilled and taped the rockers in the best upright position....they will have a cotton wick inside the cup and some heavy gear oil to lube the rocker pivot on the fork....
Have fully dismantled the bike so I can finish the paint on frame and forks.....DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi .... Here we go...All done...worst part is the gun clean up...dam sticky stuff enamel...have to leave it for a rew days to dry off....dam stuff takes 6 months to cure properly...."Sun" should help dry it this afternoon...lots of sun this week ..hope it dosent sun burn.....Next job is to clean the motor and paint the barrels black....DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ... Heres the motor just waiting to get her fins scrubbed and wire brushed for some black paint..the crankcase has some alloy pitting and will need some massage and polishing to clean it...the heads are pretty good and a good clean will probally see them through...DD

Attachments