Excelsior V Twin build

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Hi Ludwig II ... These days we dont use " W.P. " as its classed as raciest here...some of my best friends come from England mostly retired now....very skilled in metal trades ..there are whingers in all races....Tassie has its fair share of bush fires every year......DD
Happy New Year to you to

Sort of like california they have there fires every year in the summer........Curt

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
They tend to be rather flat when I see them by the side of the road. And who wants to eat a nasty badger anyway?

I'd much rather see the Map Of Tasmania close up.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Curt...We have had a tragic situation in Tasmania..theres about 100 people missing around the Dunalley..Boomer Bay and Marion Bay areas..there are still high allert fire warnings just east of Hobart....
Tasmania.....Victoria have just about the same suitations as Califorina for bushfire.......DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ..chainmaker....Happy New Year......Hey ..its still a little way of...should get it started next week...that wiil be a hoot......DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ..... Have shot 2 coats of enamel over the tanks .... waiting for about an hour for it to go sticky and will hit it with a flood coat to finish it......gona be hot the next few days so I'll leave them out in the sun and bake them dry.......DD

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
They tend to be rather flat when I see them by the side of the road. And who wants to eat a nasty badger anyway?

I'd much rather see the Map Of Tasmania close up.
Comming up short on British colloquialisms I think I may be missing something between the badgers, wallabies and maps of Tasmania. Hummm Just googeled the map. Is all this possably related to the mythical "bearded clam" ???

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ... Just finished the flood coat on the tanks....probally take a couple of days to dry....Enamel I'm using is just a standard auto grade...so it could take 3-6 months to dry right through...I just put them aside for a couple of weeks and then pinstripe with a Brunswick dark green...DD

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Bearded clam is new to me, and I can't remember the map either these days.

Wallaby: small and unexpected kangaroo in Britain, liable to poke head out of undergrowth late at night and cause drivers to swear off drink forever.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's Tuesday here, and the news is showing 100 still missing in Dunalley. This is not looking promising, as usually people have some method of communication. No bodies found in the town so far though.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Have been finishing up the wiring ... I'm just about to give the motor a start in the next day or so...just making sure the wire loom is long enough to slide the left tank on and off the get at the electrical if required...have to find some old pre 50's lacquered tan with red trace wire for the engine stop on the handlebars.....DD

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Velodrome knows of a web site that can solve that problem but they are in America if you want to deal with all that shipping stuff, but then again it might not be that bad since the package won't weigh in the 100's(lbs)
www.thehotrodcompany.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi truckd...Thanks for the heads up....another one is http://www.riwire.com/ I will try and get it local...few people doing vintage looms here....would just look a bit better than a plastic trace wire.....I dont mind the shipping as most parts with shipping from the US is still cheaper than you can buy here..and sometimes by half.....to many greedy Bas#@&*'s here....DD