Excelsior V Twin build

GoldenMotor.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi truckd....It aint that hard ...if I can do it ..anybody with some Photohouse or similar skills can do it....if you do a search some one has a detailed.... How To Do ...Decals on the forum..DD

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! for the tip, I will check into it and I like the fact that you can clear coat over the decal when clearing the tank.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi truckd...If you do them make sure you clear coat before dipping them in the water or it will wash off...you can clear coat again once on the tank or tube.....DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi..... I have done another tank transfer...this looks more like the colors on the the Paul Brodie bike...the others I've done are for 1916-17-18 they are gold with red boarder.....the new one is more yellow gold with a black boarder..think I'l go with them...DD

Attachments

Last edited:

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi trucked ...... If you google Excelsior logo ..there is about 5 pages of them...there are some of the newer Excelsior-Henderson..logos there. DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ...Have attached the head stem logo...I had to reprint it on a white back ground as the the printer doesn't print white...lucky I brought both clear and white back ground A4 decal paper..when I put the clear decal on the bike it looked like it was about to puk...the green paint completely changed its color bleeding through the clear back ground....the white back ground decal paper..just looks fine..DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi....Have mounted the tanks before I attach the decals...just want to make sure every thing fits in its place...I will remove the tanks and attach the decals on the bench....I will draw a fine pencil line along the tanks while they are mounted so they the decals are sitting in the right spot.....DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ..... Heres a few more...have fitted the coke bottle handlebar grips....and attached the Excelsior logo on the left tank....and a trial fit for the oil hand pump...it still needs to be polished and a 5/16 pipe made up ..running down to the engine somwhere???...Check my albums as I am adding pics there to.....DD

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
When you get some time can we get some close up's on the decals? and would please! tell Ignaz to stand a little closer to the bike when you are taking pictures

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi...Have been trying out my Casswell nickle plating kit..I wanted all the throttle and magneto levers and rods plated....it is a brush on nickle solution with a wand connected to a 4V voltage...the metal has defiantly changed color and I will polish it tomorrow.....might need another coat ... have to wait and see..if these turn out OK I will do all the lever rods next.....DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi .... Have been giving the levers another coat of nickle this morning.....now I have buffed the lower piece with green rouge and a small rag wheel...definatily is shinny like nickle....I should have spent a bit more time on linishing the finish before plateing..next time!!!!!....I will plate all the connector rods...I think they will be OK as they are silver steel and have a ground finish....just some time polishing every thing...DD

Attachments