Death Race 4-16-2011

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Race Questions:

How long is a lap, and how many laps in the race?

Can a bike have 2 riders that tag team or swap bikes during the race?
The reason I ask is want my son to have a chance to race my bike too and not just the clunker I'll have for him to ride.
A lap at MHC is 0.7986 Miles (1264m)

We try to keep the heat races around 6 laps and the main event around 12-20 laps.

I don't see why not. You will just have to pull into the pits obey the pit 10mph limit and make your rider swap.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
A lap at MHC is 0.7986 Miles (1264m)
We try to keep the heat races around 6 laps and the main event around 12-20 laps.
Thanks Dave.
At just 5 mi per heat we can just take turns, and whoever did best gets my bike for the main ;-}

Sounds fun.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Important.....The time has been changed

Due to unseen circumstances MHC has to push back Death Race 2011 to start time of 5pm

Death Race will be under the lights and we can run all night long

**Bikes will not be allowed to enter the pits until 5pm

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Important.....The time has been changed
Due to unseen circumstances MHC has to push back Death Race 2011 to start time of 5pm
**Bikes will not be allowed to enter the pits until 5pm
Wow, big change... For the long travelers anyway.

"We can go all night" throws in a fun twist for the young guys.
After a couple of evening racing hours you can stick a fork in this old man however.

Amberwolf

Jan 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ USA
That's likely gonna be a problem for me, cuz I really should be back home in Phoenix by that night to feed the dogs and let them out and such.

I am not sure if I can get anyone that I trust to be able to handle it, as it's not as simple as just plopping down food and letting them out in the backyard (cuz there's five, and they don't all get along with each other).

I'll have to see what I can come up with in the next couple weeks I guess. :(

(I still haven't setup transportation for me and the bike(s) there and back anyway, so it could all be a moot point).

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am sorry for the time change guys but it is out of my hands. At least we get the track from 5pm to 3am if we want and don't have to share the track with someone else. This gives us more track time and more time for those that just want to cruise and rally on the track.

So recap...

April 16, 2011 at 5pm

$10 to enter pits or $15 to enter pits and ride the track.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have nothing to do with the fee's! The fee's are all MHC. If it was up to me it would not cost anything.

Most have to pay a yearly membership on top of the fee's. We are lucky we only have to pay $15 and no yearly membership.

If the $10 fee bothers you so much Max, here is Charlies number...have at it..(520) 245-5278

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Just a quick "I'm sorry" note. Just found out for sure that I'll be out of town that weekend. On the bright side, I'll have started working again!

dance1

Amberwolf

Jan 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ USA
I've been pondering the problem of the dogs, and some solutions. If whoever I am riding down there with (still havne't set this up) heads out of here past midday, then as long as I can be back by Sunday afternoon (the earlier the better) then I could do the late race (which I assume would mean staying overnite). Plus I coudl do the GABA s/m, which would be really cool, even if I can't buy anything (or much, at least).

For the overnite part, I might have to borrow a piece of floor or a car's backseat from someone, as I know I can't chip in much (if anything) for a hotel room.

One thing at least that I won't have to worry about by then is my crazy sister, as I finally had enough and had to ask her to leave permanently (and I'll be changing the locks ASAP, too). I feel awful about it, but I cant' take anymore of the stuff she does, and the worry it causes me every time I have to leave the house for any length of time.

Anyway, assuming head-out and come-back times are within a day, I can deal with the dog issues.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Is anyone from Phoenix going down to the death race (I just realized how stupid that question was). I can chip in for gas money if you've got space in your truck for my sled.
Hollar.