Dave31 BoXer

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If the plug looks good, don't worry about it. Count your blessings at not having to clean it as often.
I've had a few bikes over the years that just seemed to run cleaner than most, so maybe you have one too.
No idea why, same oil ratio and tune, but sometimes one just runs with less smuzt. Go figure.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Starting to notice stress cracks in the paint. Most noticeable on the rear shock mount and motor mounts. A few other places but those are the worst.

Will get some photos up later when i have the time.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Did a better inspection pulled the motor off the frame and checked every single weld.

I think its all in my head, I saw nothing that should alarm me. Think I just got a little paranoid.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
While back I started fitting this pipe to fit the BoXer, I never finished it. Its a stock KTM pipe I picked up at the motorcycle scrap yard for $30.

I guess someday I should finish it up.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My Morini might have seized on me :(

Went for a short ride yesterday and just as I was pulling into the driveway the rear wheel locked up. Tried to turn the motor over and its locked up.

When i get off work I'll get a chance to see whats going on. Bummed out thats for sure!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Might be the kick starter. A long time ago my motor locked up and when I took the kick starter cover off, the spring snapped into the correct position and everything was good.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
When that crank nut spins loose for a lack of lock tite was the last time, I saw that happen to me. Only tried that once. Was not impressed with what happened. I got lucky and filed the threads clean on the end of the crank. Then put a new nut on. All was cherry after that.

My kick start lock up then too, as the sprag is on that nut..

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Its that stupid clutch again. this time I am going to fix it for good no more 2 shoe clutch for me.

At least I got 3-4 years out of this one lol.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Its that stupid clutch again. this time I am going to fix it for good no more 2 shoe clutch for me.

At least I got 3-4 years out of this one lol.
3-4 years and only one cracked shoe. That's pretty good Dave.
I agree with GH, it might cost more but your headaches will go away.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I do have a two shoe sitting on the shelf in my garage that I will never ever use. Pm me if you want it?? Yeah as long as that clutch lasted is very impressive!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Wow Thanks Goat! But I've wanted the Tomar for a long time now and now is my chance.

I'll just save up and pinch pennies until I can afford one but i will keep your 2 shoe in mind Thanks.

Other then the weak 2 shoe clutch they come with my motor has been flawless. If it was not for the clutch, I could say it is just about as reliable as my china girl lol.