Custom Frame for Board Track Thumper

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Today was one of my 9/80 days so I was able to get a few things done after picking up some parts. Went to my favorite vintage motorcycle store to get some grips and see what else I could find. The good thing is they are close so I was able to complete all my running around on my MB.

I rode the china girl and must say it was fun.brnot

Got the brake cable installed and the chain tensioner installed. I did find a sweet piece of aluminum square tubing to complete my gas tank...what a score for 26.00

Check out the mini boardtrack and my two favorite bikes in this store or should I say museum....

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Cobra...its just that part but it is cool

Gasx...I did drill into the seat tube but it has a piece of stainless tubing welded in for the bolts to go through. This also holds the plate for the brake caliper.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update 99...I got the tank all setup and ready to weld...that square piece of tubing sure saved my ass and a ton of welding. I like the way it is going...all... but the back wheel..like my kid said you need to put a 26in wheel in the back...he may be right...but as a father I can't give in yet...lol

What do ya guys think...24 rear or 26???? I got a feeling the 26 is it...

And by the way if you guys want to see some bad azz bikes check this site out...my kinda of real bikes

US Choppers

Attachments

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Wow, from the pics I would have guessed it to be about 6" square......I must be thinking on the "Well honey, this is 12 inches (finger and thumb about 3" apart)" scale. rotfl

MHF

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The bike is looking outstanding. I love all the drilled out aluminium parts, looks very racy..... and i agree with your son 100%. IMO a 26" would look a thousand times better, but still a very nice bike whatever you decide on.

I cant wait to see this finished. What are your plans for paint or finish?

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
This is looking really good ccc. The idea of square tube for a tank is genius, but how do you plan to attach it to the frame. Normally when I make a tank I put a plugged up bolt inside the tank as a receiver to bolt the straps to. However with square tubing it would be near impossible to get the welder in there.

On a side note I agree with everyone else, I would consider using a 26 for the rear.
What color do you plan to paint the bike? I cant wait to see the finished product.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This is looking really good ccc. The idea of square tube for a tank is genius, but how do you plan to attach it to the frame. Normally when I make a tank I put a plugged up bolt inside the tank as a receiver to bolt the straps to. However with square tubing it would be near impossible to get the welder in there.

On a side note I agree with everyone else, I would consider using a 26 for the rear.
What color do you plan to paint the bike? I cant wait to see the finished product.
I was wondering how he was going to drill al the round holes in the tank to match the rest of the parts and keep it from leaking????? Kidding....LOL....Curt

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

I will be using this in alum...to secure the tank on the bottom. Thanks Andy for the heads up on this... Stepped Blind tank bungs - Bungs

As far as paint this may just stay raw metal with a clear coat, then some pin striping

I am going to swap out a 26 inch wheel and see how it looks vs the 24