Custom Frame for Board Track Thumper

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I am glad you are so happy with the bike. It is a ton of fun to ride. Wait till the nice weather sets in! Maybe we will see you at one of the two yearly Whizzer Whiz-in conventions. I know what you are talking about with the disk brake hitting the caliper. When I was running my rear disk I did the same thing, mounted it too close to the disk. Belt tension or slack is a big deal on these CVT's. Glad you had a shorter belt to work with. I was already using the shortest belt when I discovered my slack problem so I needed to move the plate 1" farther rearward and that fixed everything. I believe you can adjust the spring in the rear pulley for the way you want it to shift for you. You can set it for hilly climbs so it will shift later and stay in higher rpm's longer, or adjust it for all flat land riding and it will shift earlier into low, or in the middle between the two. I have mine for hills as it makes the bike quicker off the line for traffic. Another thing about the CVT is if you take off quickly and hold the throttle it will stay in high until you let off on the throttle and then it will shift, kind of like a automatic transmission in a car. A front brake is a good idea. The 90mm Sturmey Archer drum is fantastic. Brakes about 90% of what a disk brake can do. You can get it with or without a dyno built in. It's cool to have lights on that don't need batteries.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A little update: I rode the bike all weekend...to the beach to beverly hills and all over my home town area, no issues at all...even rode with my kid and we had a blast racing each other...this bike is fun to ride and gets a lot of looks. The stretched frame is ideal.

I started a battery box, added a cable holder for the brake and made another exhaust that has a removable silencer so my neighbors don't Hate me...thank god I have cool people in my area.

I am trying to make a logo for the side of the tank...really not sure what I like

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update: I had a few things I need to take care of to be happy with the bike. I re-did the exhaust one more time trying to keep the db down, It's solved now.

I made a support bracket for the carb and also found that the intake gasket was leaking, replaced the gasket. It now runs real good. I changed the main jet, what a difference in the way it pulls.

New front motor mount....it' A Must

I think I may be done now...well maybe

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
AWESOME! AWESOME!

Maybe right the logo like the old Indian,or some of the other old bikes..? Maybe big fat block letters...from a old sign painter...........Curt

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
beauts! She looks better without the flywheel fins, for sure.
Yes CCC, that flywheel looks a lot better without the fins. How did you do that? Is that a different flywheel, or did you modify the original? I am running a Briggs engine right now, but I have considered using the GC160 for the ease of finding parts.

Also, your whole bike looks awesome.

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That part is plastic and removes very easy, take the nut off that holds the flywheel and remove the plastic fan, put the nut back and torque it down. I did change the starter hub to a smaller one.

Get that 160 and I will help you install it if needed.