Custom chopped and screwed homemade motoped/dirt bike!

GoldenMotor.com

DICYRUL3S

Sep 21, 2010
Guelph
i spent a lot of time planning this bike out.. this one i based off the dirt bike style this bike has a lot of travel and an 8gear jackshaft, in this build im using the 70cc Skyhawk Super Rat motor with a stock 66cc carb and a honda CR80 exhaust. i tried to find as many progress pictures as possible, the build is basically done besides sanding and paint i will be starting a 2nd version shortly, the 2nd version will be more of a trials bike as far as i have decided

Link to the gallery... http://postimg.org/gallery/1yy3uloa/

[/url][/IMG]

DICYRUL3S

Sep 21, 2010
Guelph
it really does, handles pot holes and bumps like they are not there, i dont have to dodge a thing anymore...well maybe glass and sharp things, but its like riding a cloud, i dont have much low end until about 10-15kph but then the power kicks in and it winds out in the first 4 gears, my best build so far, ill bypass all my kinks and imperfections in the next build, ill make it even better!

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Whoa. GIMME!!! :D
I want that so badly. Have you taken it off road yet? I want something like this for like an enduro-style on/off road bike.

Great work! :D

bubba2x4

Jun 1, 2014
NC
Tell me about that rear suspension. I'm assuming you fabricated most of if yourself? What's that design called? I'm looking to build an off-road rig, and I want a rear suspension like that one. I've decided on my motor already, now I just need to pick a frame.

rammerr

Aug 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wow! This is really impressive I would like to start a build similar to this but I have a few questions. Which seat did you use? Why didn't you use the crf50 plastics? And could you explain how you mounted the seats? Thanks

Animatronicus

Dec 13, 2014
Fresno
This is the sickest motorized bike I have seen yet, as far as DIY goes. How did that swing arm come to be? I would love to make something like this. Looks like a blast to ride around.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Very well done and inspiring build. The only problem is following the traffic rules in town just like an on/off road motorcycle. I would have to keep that away from the city or I would get in WAY too much trouble with it ha ha.

DICYRUL3S

Sep 21, 2010
Guelph
I did make the swing arm my self. The tank and seat are from an XR100 the exhaust is from a CR80. I use the forks from a pocket bike to make the rear end of the frame that the seat attaches to. I welded two nuts on a piece of metal to bolt the seat to and the front of the seat attaches to the gas tank.