build no.2 the wifes beach trike

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If its any help I bought a 6 volt spot light( side handle like a gun )just before Christmas at Home Depot (LED) realy bright. ( takes 4 AAA bat.) I plan on cutting it apart a useing it for head light. Good old epoxie to mount it...................Curt

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Yank , ty for the pix , definatly filing that 1 for future reference.
Dan, leds are simple if an when ya get to converting it if ay need help message me I 'd be happy to.
Tom, I never looked at speedway again filing for future reference. an RC says you got pics of a ez rider stilletto? ya did you have pics of that on here I would love to see them .
Gary

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
hold on to your seats gentlemen ,I know a lot of you have been waiting for this , my back ordered fenders surprised me today , so I stopped actually working an hour early an started playing so ........I finished the mock up of the rear of the trike , all major components fitted up just a lil welding to close some holes in the fenders an a bit of body work , should have the whole bike in paint in a week or so if I can restrain myself . the candy apple color is here just cant decide on a silver , white or a gold base to go under it yet , probably do a spray out panel an get a better look at it to see which one has the richer tone .

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Me too SB I can envision the candy apple fenders next to that walnut stained bed an wow kinda blows my mind .
Tom that switchblade looked sweeeeeet , I loved how you handled the tank an the seat .
Dan , you gonna build Jackie one yet ??????? do it in a boardtracker style ???? maybe ???(I think that would knock it outta the park )
Have a good day Guys
Gary

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

I got caught making a mistake again!

I'm gonna mope and fret all day, now.

:)
rc

is the EZRider motorized bicycle completed now?
there was still pesky snow last time I looked...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
lol

I got caught making a mistake again!

I'm gonna mope and fret all day, now.

:)
rc

is the EZRider motorized bicycle completed now?
there was still pesky snow last time I looked...
That's okay, Rusty. Stilletto, Switchblade, they're both some kind of knife. You're excused. Don't mope. And yeah, Captain America is on the road.

Gary, I wish I'd had your metal forming skills when I was doing the tank. The fiberglass is okay but a steel one would have been better. Keep those photos coming.

Tom

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Tom , your already half way there when it comes to forming metal , I know forming glass is no treat , ya saw the lines an shapes in glass , so obviously you got a decent hand ,
G just get out the hammer an start swingin it , try with some sheet aluminum first , lil side note tho , not one of the wifes cookie sheets ! lol
Gary

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
sorry no pics today , but tore it all down an started paint prep on the trike , but got the 2 tone on the tank today white with gold pearl .

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Killer,
I wanted it to have an older appearance but not "too" old look , trying to hit a retro-modern look an feel.
flmotorbikes,
I made the mounts an welded them in place , yes they are custom , an easy to make , hardest part is placement .
Thank you steve ,
now git yers dun an lets see it !
got to finish a brake job down here this mornin , then I will probably paint it , I keep sayin I may take a lil break on the trike but kinda got a lil sence of urgency for about 2 to 3 more builds , as I have been trying to get any space in any bike or motorcycle shop in the area , an happily enough for me 2 shops with room in their show rooms want bikes for consignment sale, have to work out some smaller details with them , but this could be headed the direction I want to go .
Gary