Bike builders that have machine tools/shops

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Tom from Rubicon, May 19, 2019.

1. Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon Well-Known Member

Nice drill press Greg.
    Tom

PeteMcP, indian22 and fasteddy like this.
  2. Tom from Rubicon

Bill,
    Looking forward to how that 6 degree end mill works out for you.
    Tom

3. Tom from Rubicon

Rick,
    My original plan for the ribs was to do a flavor enhancing grilling and then finish them off in the oven sauced.
    Mother Nature has had other ideas. Dumper rain Sunday, and heavy mist yesterday so no grilling. Finished product was still rib sucking good.
    Got up this AM still misting and raining.
    Tom

PeteMcP, indian22, EZL and 1 other person like this.
  4. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

Yesterday afternoon a neighbor up the road came down and offered me a craftsman radial arm saw, said he needed it gone and would help me load it, if I keep getting free stuff I’m going to need more space. I am tempted to build something for all my wood working tools, keeping everything in the shop means moving something every time I need to do something with wood.

PeteMcP, indian22, EZL and 2 others like this.
  5. Tom from Rubicon

Welcome the clutter club Greg :)
    Tom

PeteMcP, indian22, EZL and 1 other person like this.
  6. EZL

EZL Well-Known Member

Machining idea, try making a Hemi head and go one step further one with a domed piston and not like those new Chrysler Hemi
    engines that are stamped with the logo "HEMI" which are a joke. I had a '67 Plymouth Hemi and it was a real one. The pistons
    were domed and it was a solid-lifter engine if you did that on a two-stroke it would be a FIRST! :D

7. EZL

EZL Well-Known Member

Greg, you need to build a new workshop! :rolleyes: I have the room here but no $$$ to build one! :( I should play the lottery I guess
    but with my luck I'd probably end up empty-handed and out of the $$$ to have!:eek:

8. EZL

EZL Well-Known Member

Got a trailer but with all of the wind and rain won't tow it. Working on putting disc brakes on the bike and it has changed a lot
    since last year. I just got a neat muffler in for it and need to get some flex tubing on the header pipe to get it down low.
    One addition I found really works good on a chain tensioner is the, ManicMechanic Tensioner
    I removed the sprocket and replaced it with a good bearing nylon roller. Mikuni VM22 carb is the only way to go on a
    Predator 212cc just don't get crazy and take-off at full throttle I suspect that the bike would ride you on the road if it
    hooks up like a 750cc Kawasaki! The bike is a good transportation bike and I am hoping the muffler I got in quiets it
    down better than the short header muffler which I thing is fairly loud. The Mikuni turned the engine into a real responsive
    bike and I wouldn't think of running full throttle on it since there is no governor on the engine. I'd love to mess with the
    79cc PhatMotor bike to see what can be done with one. That bike is a "turnkey" bike which is cheaper than a build bike
    for putting on the road.

9. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

I told my neighbor thanks but no thanks, I don't have the space. I went and looked at it and it's huge, with bed wings on both sides. I will probably regret turning it down some day. My table top radial arm saw will do for now.

10. FOG

FOG Well-Known Member

Saturday came and went without my 6 degree cutter being delivered. I suspect the virus got me .. but I'm not complaining ... that's better than me getting the virus! :)

11. Tom from Rubicon

Hang in there Bill, snail mail is just that at times.
    Tom

EZL, FOG, fasteddy and 2 others like this.
  12. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Keep the faith. I just received a set of brass horn holders from Australia that I ordered March 17. I think they came by ship instead of air.

Steve.

13. EZL

EZL Well-Known Member

Row Boat! :D

14. EZL

EZL Well-Known Member

Fired up the little 49cc and put some miles on so I could change the oil and keep it limbered up. I was temped to sell it
    but when I need parts for the 212cc it comes in handy. The 49cc is quiet getting around town but the 212cc even with
    the stock muffler I put on draws attention. I pulled the header and muffler just to see if I could quiet it down but I think
    the engine and CVT is fairly noisy. I would consider a 125cc Lifan if the engine is quieter and it might be a good choice
    since it has a transmission that probably is quieter. I got a trailer in a few weeks ago and it is sitting around, I am not
    going to pull it while the wind is really bad this Spring. I know the 212cc won't have any problems pulling it but I don't
    trust the flatland wind gusts here. FYI, the ManicMechanic chain idler works real good or better when I replaced the
    sprocket with a nylon bearing roller. The unit is expensive but is flawless in installation and is positioned where it should
    be. Those chain tensioners are a blackhole for money and the ManicMechnic unit is more functional and not as hideous
    looking as most of them.