Anybody name there bike. ;) I know you did.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by lottahorses, Apr 13, 2008.

1. lottahorses

lottahorses New Member

I named my bike. Elvira. ;)

2. paul

paul Active Member

:eek: kathy rose which is my wifes name so she didnt (can't use the word but you know what it is lol) about me spending so much time on my motorized bicycle

3. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have not named my MB, but my first dirtbike was Spike, my first three-wheeler was Corky, and my #2 IMCA modfied was the Lonesome Racing Car ( My girlfriends seem to get very jealous of it) I always ended up Lonesome at the end of the racing season. rotfl

#3 Dave31, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

"The Military Bike"
    "The Western Auto Stores Westrn Flyer"
    "The Bike in My Avatar"

5. nogoodnic

nogoodnic New Member

I have never been into naming bikes but sometimes after wrenching, ridding & learning the bikes charactoristics they name themselves and it sticks...Kelly

6. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Yeah, like I call my big Suzuki road bike "fat lady".

7. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

I just now will name my bike "Xue Hong" which pronounced or written in Mandarin correctly means Red Snow (lit. snow red). It's a girl's name. Usually a very pretty girl. But a girl that sleeps a lot and can hang around with a fast crowd.

8. hotrodseanxx

hotrodseanxx New Member

Grace, idk just seemed to stick to it ;)

9. steve's bike

steve's bike New Member

yeah name my bike THE BIKE

10. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I name EVERYTHING!! My trucks, cars, motorcycles & bicycles!!
    Older vehicles really develop a lot of personallity & character, You can tell what they like & don't like. When they're feeling good & when they're not.
    Sometimes you can even tell if they don't like someone... They might run like crap every time a certain person is around!? (it's true!) :D

My bicycles are named, "Bomber" & "Rat Fink"; My wifes bike is unofficially named "Cream Puff"!! rotfl

11. TexasDav

TexasDav New Member

I hate being supestitious, but I guess I am, But I never brag on anything because it will go bad as soon as you do. Like saying I never get a flat, and the next time out you get one. Another thing is, if anyone says to wear a safety device like gloves or goggles when I am working, I stop and put them on, because if I don't the next thing I get burned or something. I named my bike the Indian.

12. brisbane_boy

brisbane_boy New Member

well after i painted my bike candy appel green all my mates call it the green machine.

13. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Zoomavega. (Univega with 2 stroke)

#13 wheelbender6, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  14. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Well-Known Member

I named my twin-engined monster "The Iron Dragon"..fly

I named my girlie cruiser "The Dragon Lady". She will either sport front and rear fiction drive or front electric hub and pusher trailer.

The mythical dragon is noted for its tremendous power. It is also a monster that is very rarely seen..wee.

15. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

'Halloween Gal'...for a couple of reasons. It's orange and black and the break in period was done a few days before that holiday. Funny, I never use that name except here on this forum. Usually I just refer to it as "my motorbike".
    I've named boats, Tropical Tramp, Illusion, etc, but never named any of my cars. Vehicles seem to display certain gender qualities however. My 1930 Ford sedan is definately male but the MB is surely female. Airplanes seem to be a little different for me. I had a beautiful little Cessna 140 that never got a name and I had some very fond feelings for it.
    Machines, any kind, can be good or bad. Some are downright evil. I had a 79 Ford van that I wanted to set fire to. It lost two transmissions and had a complete melt down of the main wiring harness; left me stranded in the mountains during a snow storm. I had a name for it but the moderators would boot me out if I typed it here.
    Tom

16. old motorbike

old motorbike New Member

I didn't name her, but I sure called her lots of names when things go wrong while working on [email protected]#$$%&#*())_*&^%$#$#@

17. danosixtysix

danosixtysix New Member

named my trike SCHWINNZILLA

18. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Thats a great one!

My Schwinn point beach keeps getting called "Peewee" Hate it, lol. White walls were not a great choice and she does look like that bike

19. Technocyclist

Technocyclist Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist

I named mine 'Merri', short for 'Merida'. I really had some difficulty finding a frame like this, and if I had'nt looked at the back of the bicycle store with cobwebs and everything, I would not have found her.

My wife is sometimes is jealous of her, because I always take her out, and sometimes spend more time and money with her... :)

20. MARK49

MARK49 New Member

The mb that is my main rider now was named Hemrod shortly after i got her running.Now that the engine is running smooth and i put on a motorcycle seat,I now rename her Betsy.