A note about a member of the forum passing away

GoldenMotor.com

oarman

Feb 24, 2010
Alabama
I'm not a biker, but I know that a friend of mine posted here occasionally. Unfortunately, I am here to let people know that Bama Bike Guy passed away last night from a massive heart attack.

RIP, P.C. I'll miss you.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am very deeply sorry to hear this, very sad. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

I did not know him very well but really enjoyed him sharing with us here at motorbicycling.com.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My heart go's out to his family and friends . I will never forget his story telling adventures. Sad to hear and it looked like he was about to make another road trip.. It would be really cool to make a road trip in honer of Bama one day! He left great incite in his story's about history, heritage and humer really made you feel like you were there with him!

Here's one of my favourite reads! If there are any more road trip reads like this I sure would like to know where! Bama was a great person glade to have known him what bit I got to!! Now I want my road trip more than ever. Thanks for sharing your dreams with us Bama!
http://motorbicycling.com/f16/12-000-miles-since-2005-a-1808.html

Will miss ya!

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
He'll be missed dearly... but he's in a better place now... probably riding an MB that flies through the clouds... :) Ride in Peace...

My condolences to the family and friends...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i built my first bike, and joined this forum, a year after his last road story. i wouldn't have known about his travels if it wasn't for this post. i just spent an hour or so reading all about his adventures, and although i never met him, i already miss him.

happy travels, bama bike guy...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm saddened to hear of one of our own has moved on, but heartened to see they had such a good friend as to join and post in a forum unrelated to their interests simply to inform of his passing.

Thank you oarman, we'll miss him.

Steve M

Nov 27, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I just went back a few days ago and read some old threads about his travels to Colorado and the interviews he did on the "green benefits" of a motorized bicycle! Any one planning a long trip check them out! He will be missed.
RIP
Steve M.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
I'm not a biker, but I know that a friend of mine posted here occasionally. Unfortunately, I am here to let people know that Bama Bike Guy passed away last night from a massive heart attack.

RIP, P.C. I'll miss you.
Sorry to hear that, I read some of his posts and they were very interesting. Give all of our regards to his family. Thanks

oarman

Feb 24, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for the kind words about my friend. I understand about the "family" feel in boards, and that is why I tracked this one down. It is gratifying to see that you enjoyed his writing- he had a talent for expressing his world in words, and that I will surely miss.

I will pass the kind words along to his family and friends.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Sad to hear about Paul's passing. The thing I'll remember him most was he sure put a lot of miles on his bike.
My condolences to his family.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
I once asked Paul do you ever go with anyone on your long distance rides, he told me no. Looks like he's on another. What a nice guy, I loved his stories of his travels, he will surely be missed by all that knew of him.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i dont know what to say. i will surely miss him and his great stories about his adventures. prayers are definitely with him and his family

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Holy smokes.

I just popped in to catch up on the board.......now I am very deeply saddened. Kinda crushed to be exact. Not much I can write. Man was a legend IMHO. He will be deeply missed. RIDE ON IN HEAVEN.