72V 100A 60Ah 4.3kWh 10s24p 200lbs.....

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
All I can say is WOW!
LOL Thanks much ER. Hopefully it flies down the road as good as it looks. I have no way of predicting what it's gonna do or how far it's gonna do it......yet. It has moderate wheel flop at slow speeds, but nothing that some raked trees couldn't correct.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
WOW---JUST GREAT MIKE!!!

You have done it again!!!

Your first electric-- gas hybrid was a technical masterpiece and now

the Earth Crusher a no nonsense --get out of my way- I am coming through- rough and tough...

Best

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I think I am in love.

(faints)

I am truly in awe. I don't know what to do. Drop everything and copy you, or move down next to you.
LOL Thanks much. It's been a ultra slow, laborious build going on 6 months now. I just want it to end already.

True, I have a feeling when the average Joe or any cop within eyesight that sees it, that it will inevitably garner attention, whether you want it to or not. That was never my goal, but this bike really makes my last bike look pretty silly and it really wasn't silly at all....at that time. LOL

Is this electric stuff that I'm running built to last? I have no idea. So this is an attempt to find that question out.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
WOW---JUST GREAT MIKE!!!

the Earth Crusher a no nonsense --get out of my way- I am coming through- rough and tough...

Best
Thanks Buba! I hope it runs half as good as it looks cause I don't have a bottomless Research & Development Department backing me up to make a bunch of changes to it. LMAO

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The sad part is that almost everything you see was made in, and sold only from China and was thrown together by me over here in the USA. The good part is that this thing would be really cheap if it was mass produced in numbers and there was a actual demand for it.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
WOW---JUST GREAT MIKE!!!

Best
LOL Thanks Buba! It's been painfully slow and never-ending but I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm always waiting on some part or another.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That is the way of the motorized bike. Real fusion mechanics. zpt
Yep. I better brush up on my Mandarin. I'm probably gonna be needing at some point. Now, as much as I hate to, I gotta go gut that Italian made gas tank, and drill a huge hole in it.

Actually it is sad that the parts aren't made here but even more sad at the shipping time it takes to get those parts over here. That really sucks.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Is this electric stuff that I'm running built to last? I have no idea. So this is an attempt to find that question out.
I think the electrics will probably have a very easy life, and last a long time. The reason I say that is because, I don't think your suspension will allow you to go fast enough to get anywhere near being able to tax that monster. Not very often anyway. If you do go fast, I don't think it will be the electrics that fail.

Eventually I think you'll be wanting to find some suspension forks for it. My tail bone already hurts just thinking about it lol. Speed gets addictive you know.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I think the electrics will probably have a very easy life, and last a long time. The reason I say that is because, I don't think your suspension will allow you to go fast enough to get anywhere near being able to tax that monster. Not very often anyway. If you do go fast, I don't think it will be the electrics that fail.

Eventually I think you'll be wanting to find some suspension forks for it. My tail bone already hurts just thinking about it lol. Speed gets addictive you know.
Actually suspension, doesn't dictate speed, the condition of the road that you're speeding on does. Some of the fastest bicycles and motorcycles in the world have no rear suspension of any kind. Why is this? Because they're all speeding on a smooth surface. Only speed when the conditions of the road allow it. That has always worked for me whether I'm on roller blades, a skateboard, a bicycle, or a motorcycle. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
In Los Angeles all the roads could be paved like the autobahn and it wouldn't matter cause there's just too many cars on too few lanes out here. There's not much speeding going on around here regardless of the time day or street you're on. There are people sitting in those cars. LMAO

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well if it gets too rough you can always move to the salt flats. On my china girls, I've noticed above 30 the smoothest street becomes like a motocross track. A tiny crack becomes like the grand canyon, and the handle bars feel like you're holding a jackhammer.

I only make this comment as constructive criticism, not meaning to take anything away from your great work to get this far.

It looks to me like you're way over engineered on the tech side, and under engineered on the chassis side. Without care that could be a recipe to rip your pants lol.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Well if it gets too rough you can always move to the salt flats. On my china girls, I've noticed above 30 the smoothest street becomes like a motocross track. A tiny crack becomes like the grand canyon, and the handle bars feel like you're holding a jackhammer.

I only make this comment as constructive criticism, not meaning to take anything away from your great work to get this far.

It looks to me like you're way over engineered on the tech side, and under engineered on the chassis side. Without care that could be a recipe to rip your pants lol.
There's absolutely nothing you can take away from it as it hasn't even rolled 1 foot under it's own power yet. It may not even turn on when I turn the key. The bike frame itself may self destruct like a Mission Impossible tape recorder.

The rear chassis has, from day one, been dictated by the battery boxes that hang from it. You can't have a swing arm suspension with 100 lbs of batteries and battery boxes hanging from it, on a "bicycle". If you can, I have never seen one picture proving its existence. I'm gonna guess there's a good reason why that is so. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
A tiny crack becomes like the grand canyon, and the handle bars feel like you're holding a jackhammer.
Tiny cracks with 4" wide, 10 PSI, DOT motorcycle knobbies at 60 MPH will go by unnoticed or felt. Any bicycle tire made, however, would not stand a chance. My last bike, with multiple sets of different types of bicycle tires, had no suspension either. It was a living h3ll on Earth. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I know good and well that I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the ways this bike could go wrong. Is it gonna stop me from testing it to it's limits? At this current point in time, I'm gonna say no. laff

I also don't have any kind of instruction manual on wiring all the components together. It came with nothing. All I have is this low res pic.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Once you go full sus there just is not any comparison IME. That electric your riding spoiled you lol. I know it did!! My first HT bike solid tail liked to have crippled me.crt.laff

Nothing like crossing town to go in a store and it takes you twenty minutes just to finally stand up straight.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Once you go full sus there just is not any comparison IME. That electric your riding spoiled you lol. I know it did!! My first HT bike solid tail liked to have crippled me.crt.laff

Nothing like crossing town to go in a store and it takes you twenty minutes just to finally stand up straight.
Once you go over to motorcycle knobby tires, regardless of the mechanical suspension, with 12 or 14 PSI of air in the tires has much the same effect. Each knob is its own little shock absorber. There is no going back. LOL

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Once you go over to motorcycle knobby tires, regardless of the mechanical suspension, with 12 or 14 PSI of air in the tires has much the same effect. Each knob is its own little shock absorber. There is no going back. LOL

OK now I wanna tease ya just a smidgen lowls. This is a outstanding machine not complaining. If you was my neighborer I would volunteer to be the test driver!!

I will raise you one. Once I went over to large Marge Rims. The down hill stunt rims at 3 inch wide. Then got 24x3.0 tires on them.

Quote. regardless of the mechanical suspension, with 12 or 14 PSI of air in the tires has much the same effect.

You don't have 7 inches of suspension travel and run 14 to 20 psi!! Down side to my wheels tire changing is a chore that approaches on learning a new skill lol. Won't lie that part just sucks. Up side those beads will never slip on a Large Marge like this one.

Have to agree with you tho. There is nothing more plush to grab pavement and such with then a bigger tire. Road bike pencle size tires would be very bumpy. I draw the line at 2.7 size tires now just don't like the stiff ride and handling in a smaller tire any time I can help it.

For the record the hard tail bike I had that put the hurts to me was like 1.9 or so size tire max. Done with that'un forever!

Here is my bike with what I was using for road tires on it. Could bend a corner pretty good. These were 24x2.7 tires. http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=840&pictureid=4334 Sorry old picture. One day I will figgure a simple way to use my picture phone?

Last edited: