72V 100A 60Ah 4.3kWh 10s24p 200lbs.....

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I have come to that same conclusion, albeit on much smaller scale with my bike. If I ride somewhere at 25 to 30 mph my motor hardly gets warm. I was thinking a bike only capable of 30 mph at wfo would be getting a lot hotter than mine.
I need to travel at Freeway Speeds for a few Off Ramps to see how my bike handles it..........on the 405........freeway that is. At the crack of dawn, on a Saturday or Sunday, when everyone is asleep.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Yeah its more like a motorcycle with pedals than a bicycle. What people are going to see is a motorcycle.
I really don't care if they see me as a 2 wheel version of the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile with me as the hot dog, as long as they see something coming at them. LOL

I was referring to close up side views of my bike while it is stopped at a light. It's a very busy looking bike viewed from either side of it.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
"To boldly go where no bicycle has gone before." "Have you lost your Vulcan mind Spock? Quite possibly Dr. McCoy."

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm gonna sheath all those colored cables in black and run them straight up and straight over, hidden under the gas tank that now has a purpose, thus eliminating the need to shorten those cables and re-crimp connectors back on to those cable. It's just not something I feel like doing. Clean and innocent looking is my goal. laff

Cost as shown (tax + shipping - my labor): $2600

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Dropped Factory Max Phase Current from 300A to 200A and Max RPM from 7000 to 5000 in the controller. Motor efficiency just continues to nose dive beyond the settings I saved. I also increased Max Phase Currrent from 1 minute to 2 minutes.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
You mean two whole minutes at worp speed? I might have teeth marks in the saddle. lol For fearing everything I created! Tears from the wind in my eyes saying better concentrate. The other side of the mind saying let off and listion for nuiances in the comtraption and wind. Nothen like that first ride. Hope you got that helmet? I have been both ignorant and lucky.

Gonna be quite a thrill! I think when I say I say for us all we hope it works! No road scrapes man. Make us happy buddy!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You mean two whole minutes at worp speed? I might have teeth marks in the saddle. lol For fearing everything I created! Tears from the wind in my eyes saying better concentrate. The other side of the mind saying let off and listion for nuiances in the comtraption and wind. Nothen like that first ride. Hope you got that helmet? I have been both ignorant and lucky.

Gonna be quite a thrill! I think when I say I say for us all we hope it works! No road scrapes man. Make us happy buddy!
I'm going to momentarily rip a hole in the fabric of space and time, if my bike frame let's me. If my posts stop appearing on here then that means I'm in surgery. LOL

The difference between Warp Speed and it's Constant Speed is the difference between 200A and 150A. 150A at lets say 84V (fully charged battery) is 12,600 Watts which is 17 HORSEPOWER (Maximum Continuous Rating). 20 HP for 2 minutes. Minimum HP before the batteries Low-Voltage Cutoff is 12.9 HP. Do you really need to go faster than 13 to 17 HP that the motor can constantly propel you at? I'm guessing that I won't. My balls haven't quite hardened to "Steel" status just yet.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Pretty awesome. Think it will hit 70?
I'm gonna be disappointed if it doesn't do at least 70 MPH with that kind of force at the wheel. To say the least. I just need to nail down the right drive (motor) sprocket. The rear is a 72 Tooth, at the motor is 14. I have no idea what the right gear ratio is at the moment, but I'm gonna find out soon enough.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
At 5000 RPM, I'm showing 75 MPH with a 72 tooth rear 14 tooth front and 80 MPH with a 15 tooth, 85 MPH with a 16 tooth....... based on 2 separate calcs I found online. 95 MPH at 6000 RPM (max motor RPM) with a 15 Tooth sprocket. Searing electric motor heat will be the ultimate decider in all the above so who knows, except that I'm gonna have to contain that heat somehow. That much I do know.

http://www.crawlpedia.com/calculators.htm

http://www.csgnetwork.com/elecmotorspeedcalc.html

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think you'll find the limiting factor for how fast you'll want to go will be the ridged frame more than your motor. Your bike looks like it'll make a better long range cruiser than a racer. IMO your top speed will be around 30-40 mph depending on how tough your booty is,

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I think you'll find the limiting factor for how fast you'll want to go will be the ridged frame more than your motor. Your bike looks like it'll make a better long range cruiser than a racer. IMO your top speed will be around 30-40 mph depending on how tough your booty is,
No I'm only talking about how fast "I" want to go. I'm in no rush to get anywhere. I'm only care about the bikes top speed top speed on a flat smooth surface like say the 405 freeway for instance. This bike will set the new standard not only in the speed and 0 to 60 MPH acceleration category but also the range category. There's a new Sheriff in town, it's rotating at 6000 RPM and it's not taking crap from any other e-bike or gas bike for that matter. LOL

I will happily take 60Ah of battery range over a rear suspension......any day of the week. Seats can be suspended and front shocks will come later. My 4" wide knobby tires are like riding in a Cadillac, even with no suspension whatsoever. Bikes do not ride rough because they have no suspension. They ride is rough because of the conditions of the road they're traveling on.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The top 3 questions asked to me are (in order of importance):

1. How fast does it go?
2. How much does it cost?
3. How far can it go on a charge?

Everything else is trivial in comparison, to the public.

I can already guestimate the bikes cost based on the Ah size of the battery pack. I need concrete answers for questions #1 and #3.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So all you need now is batteries and a chain? I gotta hand it to you man that is the baddest ebike around now.
Thanks man. I hope it all works out. I already got a #40 chain but it may not be strong enough. I hope it is, but i just don't know yet. I'm waiting on a 72T sprocket, a mounting plate for the controller and a 1/4" steel plate to hold that motor in place.

The batteries is all the only thing that remains unordered. They need to be automotive grade or I'll be messing with R/C Turingy's from HobbyKing. HobbyKing will actually cost a lot more money per Ah. I'm not looking forward to that order at all, regardless of which I choose.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
No those aren't 6 spark plug wires that you're looking at officer. This is not the droid you're looking for officer. LOL

Last edited: