1913 BSA copy

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
This thing is simply awesome and i love some of your ideas. Genius.Im thinking most people will think you are actually riding a vintage BSA. Excellent work!!!!!!!

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Thanks, I put the bike in the Vintage Display that we put on at the local motorcycle show this past weekend...fooled a whole lot of people who couldn't seem to see the word 'reproduction' on the description sheet :D

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
I suppose folks are getting sick of photos of this thing, but this one was taken by a friend at last weekends exhibition and I thought I would post it anyway.

Reactions: Nightster

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Sick of pics of this thing????? Are you kidding me? They are some nice bikes. Ill go one further, are they all your bikes? More pics please LOL

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Sick of? Sick of looking at these fantastic vintage-styled motorbikes? Sick from jealousy perhaps, but not sick of.

This section is chocked full of people who love looking at bikes like these. For all I care, you could post pics of those bikes until the moderators say "Allen, stop encouraging him."

Reactions: Nightster

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
I might as well answer a couple of questions...the Cyclone and the BSA are mine. The 'red one' belongs to a good friend of mine...there is more on it under the "wanna be" thread. I was helping load/ set-up the display and got to the exhibition grounds early with the Cyclone and drove it into the building making enough noise to wake the dead...under load it sounds like you would expect an old single cylinder race bike to (loud and raw); saw a lot of grinning faces along the way. Had to pedal the BSA in as I showed up late with it and didn't want to run over anybody's kids, but as I mentioned before, I've been driving it all over the neighbourhood since the show ended...it's amazing how people treat me on this thing...they will stop what they are doing to smile and wave,toot their horns and a couple of guys even stopped their cars to let me cross the road in front of them...fun, fun, fun! :D

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Thanks Harry...had it out yesterday for about a 45 minute ride up and down through the neighbourhood...lots'a fun. Maybe if I can figure out how to do it, I'll get a little video of it together soon.

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Wow goldy top marks for his build!!!! How'd you build the forks? Because I got a little 2 stroke lawnboy push mower and I got plans for a indian project and wat you've done here is baisicly a guide book to building it!

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
It's kinda hard to describe unless you already know the workings of the girder fork. Anyhow, the forks were laid up in two halves, then using the wheel as a guide were welded together. The fork crowns were machined out to fit the front stem. Fork links were cut from 3/8" steel and fitted with bushings to fit the crowns. The fork spring is a left over seat spring from a Terry motorcycle seat. in short...a LOT of work.

Last edited:

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Thanks Chrome, I appreciate the complemnet...I find these projects, even after reaching completion always seem to remain a work in progress. I will continue to post any changes I may make to it along the way.

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Well, speaking of changes...over the thanksgiving weekend, got sick of constantly fiddling and diddling with that old Tillotson carburetor. It looked the part, but I just couldn't get it to idle right and it was constantly stalling; just plain old and worn out I suspect. I'll hang on to it as it would be great on anything that ran at a constantly higher speed.
Anyhoo, I replaced it with a carb off a 4.5hp Techumseh lawnmower engine. Finally, now it idles perfectly, runs perfectly and no more low speed stalling. It had no choke of course and the primer does work, but I thought it might look better with a little velocity stack and fitted a choke plate to that. Also did a bit of fiddling with the brakes to try to get them to stop the bike a bit better.