Wolf-E Custom Mid-Drive Shifter Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A little update, have not road this bike much since building the Dyno E-bike. Road it around yesterday and it still the beast, I am going to change the bars to some nice pull back beach cruiser type for comfort. I can't say enough about this kit from: Sick Bike Parts

Anyone thinking of building an E-bike take the step, you will be happy you did...

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have an 8 speed rear hub and really only use 2nd gear, does at least 28mph in that gear bump it into 3rd and we are at 35mph. I could not be happier with this setup... It really hauls butt. Another great option is it pedals like a bike, no drag at all.

A good hub that takes a disk brake and worth the price is: I motion 3 speed, check it out.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A little update, been really enjoying my Sick Bike Parts shifter ebike, got to be one of the best bikes I have built. Reduction drive a little noisy but I like it, people like it too since they hear me coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: fasteddy

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
A little update, been really enjoying my Sick Bike Parts shifter ebike, got to be one of the best bikes I have built. Reduction drive a little noisy but I like it, people like it too since they hear me coming.
i gotta second this, silence is great but i do kinda miss the whine from the small motor the looks i got from people thinkin "wtf!" lol was awesome an it sounded good when shifting too..........

elewayne

Mar 27, 2009
Longmont Co.
Hi, I just started looking into building an ebike. I was planning a four stroke engine but have gotten interested in these now.
Amazing build, I really like it. I especially like the metal work around the motor.
I assume you bend your own tubing. could I get a picture of what kind of bender you're using?
And another question is; doesn't that rectangular tube, with all the holes, on the seat tube cause a lot of flex in the frame?
thanks for posting the specs for the motor and batteries too.
Again really great build. I want one.
Wayne in Houston

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hi, I just started looking into building an ebike. I was planning a four stroke engine but have gotten interested in these now.
Amazing build, I really like it. I especially like the metal work around the motor.
I assume you bend your own tubing. could I get a picture of what kind of bender you're using?
And another question is; doesn't that rectangular tube, with all the holes, on the seat tube cause a lot of flex in the frame?
thanks for posting the specs for the motor and batteries too.
Again really great build. I want one.
Wayne in Houston
Thanks for your interest, I used the harbor freight tubing roller and a electrical conduit bender, have a new JD2 bender that I use Now instead of the conduit bender. The conduit bender Works pretty darn good tho. Used .065 mild steel for the frame.

That rectangle tube allowed the rear triangle to flex from the torque of the motor, added the turn-buckles and put some pre-load on them and it solved the problem.

Build one Wayne...you will love it!!!

elewayne

Mar 27, 2009
Longmont Co.
Thanks so much for the resonance. I was hoping you had done that work without a $3000 bender. I was planning on getting one of the harbor freight benders anyway, or building one. I have a lathe and a mill, although it needs a super clean up. I just got it used. So I plan to start a bike soon.

TheJakeBike

Jan 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Got the bike as a true roller now. Cut and mounted the fork and bars, made a billet seat-post for my modified $25 seat from the swap...I think this may be my "signature frame design" I dig the look and stance...
I’d agree. I like this the best of your frames. Sleekest yet carries the wolf retro style