Wolf-E Custom Mid-Drive Shifter Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have been entertaining the idea of an e-bike build for some time and really wanted to build a one off type of bike that was capable of some fast speeds and some good looks. The end result is 48 volt 1500 watt mid-drive 7 speed shifter setup, Lithium-ion Battery between 15-20ah custom built to fit in tight to the frame. Fat tire setup with Maxxis hookworms, front and rear disk setup, frame combination of mild steel and stainless to mix it up a bit. Rear triangle will be an adjustable bolt on type that can be raised or lowered depending on the forks I choose to run. This bike will be a nice change from the gas bikes that’s for sure…Pictures to follow….

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I love the lines from the down tube through the flat bottom up through the seat tube. Great looking geometry. Following this one with interest!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I'm figuring that'll be done in time for my birthday....I'll try to be gracious.trk

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I am glad to see this build happen, I remember you talking about doing an electric a long time ago.

So is this a completely scratch built frame? It looks like you are building it from raw sticks of tubing, hand bent by yourself, right? If so, kudos, I have always aspired to build a completely scratch built frame, but my welding and metal working skills would make me feel jittery and uneasy at speeds.

I look forward to how this turns out, another bar-raising build by Wolf Customs.

Be proud, my brother,

Gilbert

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
did someone say bar?!?! those hookworms really look nice on the rim's, kinda like the drifter look.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That's awesome Jeff! It looks a lot like a Phoenix front end mated with a Hanebrink rear triangle.......good stuff (^) Keep it coming but no need to rush. Nice welds man!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Looking good Jeff!
Once it's done, I know it's going to be the one you'll ride the most.
You should get two batteries. 50 miles on a electic goes by pretty fast and it does sucks when your miles away from your home with a drained battery.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Jeff,is the rear ride height adjustable just for stance or are you planning different rear wheels to try?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Looking good Jeff!
Once it's done, I know it's going to be the one you'll ride the most.
You should get two batteries. 50 miles on a electic goes by pretty fast and it does sucks when your miles away from your home with a drained battery.
Get two batteries? The plan is to have one large one for now, we shall see after I get it on the road.