Wolf-E Custom Mid-Drive Shifter Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update: the bike was taken down for paint, decided to clean up the frame and clear coat it... Looks good showing all the tig bronze welds. Added a little color on the forks to set it off. Can't wait to ride it...

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
What can you say when seeing perfection. Such a stand out beauty! The colors,the clear, the rear clip, the way you took the shifter and made it yours, mighty fine!!

Last edited:

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
That's just hot. I love the brass thumb screws on the faux tank! I see the top bit off a monark fork hanging from the stem, are you just using it as a spacer or are you going to suspend the front? I absolutely love this build.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Out of all your builds, this is my favorite Jeff.
Only thing missing is a bell because that's the only way people will hear you coming and get out of your way. :D

Reactions: TheJakeBike

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Jeff,

Another uniquely creative and one-of-a-kind machine from one of the top builders on this site. You should be super proud.

I just gotta ask, how fast can it go? Can you mount a speaker in that tank so it can have the "vroom vroom" sound, that way people can hear you coming? Just kidding.

Gilbert

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Hey Jeff,

Another uniquely creative and one-of-a-kind machine from one of the top builders on this site. You should be super proud.

I just gotta ask, how fast can it go? Can you mount a speaker in that tank so it can have the "vroom vroom" sound, that way people can hear you coming? Just kidding.

Gilbert
he'll have no issue with people hearing him those motors aren't like hub motors as they have a whine from the straight cut metal gears in side the motor that people can hear from a good distance especially when brand new LOL.........

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I had this light for a whizzer laying around and decided to use it on this build. Knocked the chrome off and painted the rim black. Converted from a hot power thirsty Halogen to an efficient LED setup using one of the lights I purchased from Amazon. Works great!

Attachments

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
The bike does have a nice whine to it, shocked the neighbors when I rode by...no two stroke or thumper noise...they now smile...
i run rear axle oil mixed with http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Specialty_Products/Manual_Gearbox_and_Diff_Treatment an a little bit of wheel bearing grease an it made it a little quieter an a little less throttle at cruse speed

basically doing what these guys did http://www.aft-ebike.com/upgrades.html
though i'm yet to drill an tap my motors gearbox to add the drain/oil filler an level reservoir........

ps, don't use degreaser to clean old grease out of the gearbox instead use cheap engine oil to "melt" the old grease into the oil, use a skewer or icecream stick to scrape at the grease while turning the gearbox snout ...degreaser screwed my gearbox by getting into the snouts bearing (i screwed up) an made it whine like it was eating itself from the inside out, it was seriously loud an not fun i'm not running my spare motor.............

Last edited:

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
looks awesome bud well done,

one more bit of advice is, to get or make an heat sink for the motor something like this http://www.aft-ebike.com/upgrades.html scroll down you'll see it, you could easily machine one yourself just by cutting discs an going from there, those little motors while powerful do over heat quickly an can burn a circuit out inside the motor which happened to me (fixed it by soldering it back together)........

hope this helps.........