Well that's disappointing

GoldenMotor.com

Forbidden Tuna

Sep 3, 2019
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Ordered a few different 2 stroke china girl kits. One from ZedaMotorsports(still waiting on that one), one from eBay that I'm having some good luck with, and one from CaliforniaMotorbikes that I'm having a huge headache over.
The clutch pads are already worn out. In fact, I had to tighten the flower nut down to a ridiculous level and got about 1/8th of a mile before I lost all grip. I guess they got grease on them and burnt up. Killed the engine before I did any further damage and pedaled back home. After taking the flower nut out and looking at the pads, they look smoothed over and have an oily feel to them. Ordering some pads on eBay and I'll update as I go. For the short time I actually got to ride under power, the "Wildcat" kit was really dang fast for an engine that isn't even barely broken in.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Spray the pads with brake cleaner and let them dry, next sand them slightly with 80 grit sand paper, also hit the plate a little and it should run till the new pads come in.

Reactions: Forbidden Tuna

Forbidden Tuna

Sep 3, 2019
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
I think the damage might have already been done. I have to tighten the flower nut so far that I don't even have enough throw room for the clutch lever to work properly. I'll try your fix anyways because I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, though. Thanks for the advice!