Vintage PreWar Hiawatha Cruiser... For my Girlfriend

GoldenMotor.com

wolf-jr

Feb 17, 2012
Culver City
Hey everyone,
Thinking about starting this little project to get a motorbike running for my girlfriend... 24 inch wheels on this as she 5 foot and got a few extra motors I could throw in there.
Should I put the motor in or keep it a cruiser?
Let me know what you think!

-Iceman

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Throw the motor in it, just don't drill into it or cut on it, if it's for the girlfriend keep it simple but safe and sturdy! at the same time, diffenantly PAINT!! it, same paint scheme but black, gray, maroon or red base withe pink accents would be cool! you can get some cool 26x2.00" pink tires through www.unitedcruiser.com
What ever you do keep it semi period correct

wolf-jr

Feb 17, 2012
Culver City
Throw the motor in it, just don't drill into it or cut on it, if it's for the girlfriend keep it simple but safe and sturdy! at the same time, diffenantly PAINT!! it, same paint scheme but black, gray, maroon or red base withe pink accents would be cool! you can get some cool 26x2.00" pink tires through www.unitedcruiser.com
What ever you do keep it semi period correct
She likes the vintage paint thats on it and I really dig it too, it kind of just grows on you after a while of looking at it, and the matching rims are also cool to have w/ the original pant on the frame... I am looking for some tires in 24 for this, something that looks oldschool but also that will be very durable and quality tires.

-Iceman

JohnThomas Sorrels

Dec 28, 2011
Ramona/ San Diego
It looks like there might be room for you to mount some 24" Thick Bricks on the bike. They are nice and heavy walled for a bicycle tire and if you can find all creme ones they'd look pretty vintage...

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey everyone,
Thinking about starting this little project to get a motorbike running for my girlfriend... 24 inch wheels on this as she 5 foot and got a few extra motors I could throw in there.
Should I put the motor in or keep it a cruiser?
Let me know what you think!

-Iceman
I'd ask her if she wants the motor. I restored my wife's beautiful Schwinn Classic cruiser, polished up the chrome springer fork, did paint-matching on the fenders, mechanical work, new handlebars, got her looking and running like new. She saw it, loved it,...and said "no motor". So, you never know.

wolf-jr

Feb 17, 2012
Culver City
It looks like there might be room for you to mount some 24" Thick Bricks on the bike. They are nice and heavy walled for a bicycle tire and if you can find all creme ones they'd look pretty vintage...

I really like your bike... what kind of frame is that? and are those 24 inch wheels or 26?