Tools and tips needed for assembling Motorized Bicycle kits

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by TheRealDune, Aug 10, 2013.

1. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

It all depends on how well you have trained your wife, I trained my wife over 2 decades ago to always put a tool back where she got it as soon as she was done with it or face the wrath, which meant drop what she was doing and go buy me new one right now! Hehehe ;-}

#21 KCvale, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Nunyadam

Nunyadam New Member

My Sister likes Tools as a gift, I don't. Unless it is a specific tool I asked for don't buy tools for me.

#22 Nunyadam, Aug 12, 2013
  3. bill2781

bill2781 Member

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry but I don't see my wife, or any woman, as a person that requires "training". I have a lot more respect for her and a screwdriver is a simple tool that I can afford to replace very easily. I see my wife as a precious individual who wouldn't be replacable.

Tom

#24 2door, Aug 12, 2013
  5. TheRealDune

TheRealDune New Member

ok i figured out i will need the dust cover for hub so that everything mounts right as far as sprocket and rag(btw only the inner rag joint was used) There was no room to use the outer rag joint.

Now i am having serious trouble with my u bolt engine mounts. If any ideas of how to fix this please share

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see it came with an adaptor which is wider for bigger/wider frames. However the engine double ended/threaded bolts are in the way quite a bit so i can only mount engine at a slant which im not sure is very safe...?

#25 TheRealDune, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  6. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

that's a good thing since the sprocket will jerk just a bit forward and backward as the engine fires - touching those spokes will rub thru them after a while

use the rubbers and you'll get a nice, smooth cush-drive effect back there

all bolts should be centered thru the nine small triangles formed by the spokes

with all nine bolts in, first tighten just the three that are in the centers of the three mounting plates and get the up/down to be centered, once there, you can pull in the wobble with the bolts

tip: when doing up/down, if you put an old drill bit between 2 sprocket teeth so it sticks up a bit higher than the tooth tips, you can then smack it with a hammer to push it into place

7. TheRealDune

TheRealDune New Member

Thanks again guys, you all really helped me out,i will post a pic of the progress later today

8. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

I find about 5 links of chain set in the sprocket works a bit better for 'tapping down' the vertical adjustment as it may take a couple of turn spots but good tip, you never want to pound on a sprocket tooth directly.

As for 'training' a wife I should have said something like learning 'marriage compromise', that is is simply learning what is important to the other and respecting it but 'training the wife' just sounded much funnier ;-}

9. TheRealDune

TheRealDune New Member

Okay I got the chain situated, next problem is very confusing and aggravating . My brother went and turned the screw on the speed carb all the way to the right. The motorized bicycle was starting to get going(sluggish,and not yet idling)when going down hills. The engine would stay running a bit and then die when the bike came to a stop. Now thanks to my kid brother the motorized bicycle doesn't stay running how it was, it does not idle what so ever. All wires are intact and engine is turning(I def can hear it)but I still cant get the damn thing runnin(thanks lil brother. Also what is the best setting for the needle in carb? Is there a nominal setting for the clutch cable? I have it set like this: I push the clutch arm on eng. to the right ,to where I start to feel it cant go any further without pushing,then I clamp the cable down. So I wish I could get the screw on carb back to factory settings......

#29 TheRealDune, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  10. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

That screw on the carb you speak of is only an idle adjustment, it will have nothing to do with whether or not the engine will run or how it runs, all it determines is if the round slide in carb is lifter enough for it to idle when the twist throttle is released.

if the engine will not run, you have another issue which could be carb problem but will not be an issue with the idle screw.

I set the needle clip second groove from the top on mine and that seems to be a good spot and will for sure allow the engine to run if all else is right.

Map

11. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

If you could post some pics of what you have so we can see the engine up farely close and the carb and the wiring, it's possible that someone here may be able to spot a possible issue.

12. TheRealDune

TheRealDune New Member

Okay will do; im headed home soon; soon as I get there it shall be donezpt

13. TheRealDune

TheRealDune New Member

I am having some real trouble with bike but have started a thread that will be more appropriate for the issue, the tools listed here definitely did the trick. Thanks to all for your input, to help out with the eng. trouble the new thread is found here,

Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting titled-New Flying Horse 66/80 will Not start

I am stumped and every bit of help will help me to get my bike up and running so that I can get to work