The Pennysworth model 1907

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
When I looked at it this morning I was intrigued by the way the extra compartments added to the overall look. If I could pin strip those panels would be a symphony of art work.

Steve.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Say that's the same motor i started with on my first bike. Got it out of an old snow thrower as well. I think it was 98cc or something close. I broke the fly wheel trying to take it off so ended up using a 139cc out of a another snow thrower. I live in vermont they grow on trees up here. I still have two spares.
I think the 139 is the 5 hp. She only does about 25mph, I geared it way low on purpose. doughnuts and burnouts a way more fun then wiping out at 40mph.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45973

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
When I looked at it this morning I was intrigued by the way the extra compartments added to the overall look. If I could pin strip those panels would be a symphony of art work.

Steve.
Steve the pinstriping will take longer than the paint will, I have some ideas for the pinstriping

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That's going to look real good, Rick. A nice combination of colors and the scroll work will finish it off. I always liked the gold scroll work on the very old Singers.

My Indian grandmother who I called "Da" had a treadle machine that gave me my first lessons in mechanics. As a little guy I would stand next to the machine and "help" move the treadle up and down as she sewed. I probably was more hindrance than help, but as my foot pushed against the treadle my eyes followed the transfer of power from treadle to connecting rod to a wheel which carried a leather belt which went to another wheel, etc. and finally ended with pushing a needle up and down magically stitching a patch onto my worn pant leg. Whenever I see an old treadle machine I think of her and days long gone by. I still like them almost as much as old motorbikes.

The Pennysworth is going to be a beautiful step into the past when things were made with style and meant to last.

SB

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thanks SB, I think its FINALLY taking shape. I couldnt get a engine enamel in burgandy so chrysler red will have to do (real close to bloodstalker red).
Here's a few pics of the body I forgot to post. I found a can of gold pinstriping paint thats been lying around for 20+ years & was still good so I'll use it for the pinstripes.

Attachments