The Pennysworth model 1907

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ya, that is what I'm thinking as well. All that work and he didn't get to enjoy it but having suffered with a bad back for close to 50 years I certainly understand how he feels.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Ah well, he will end up with something that works for him and someone else will be the proud and lucky new owner.

By the way, I'm happy to report my back is fine. It is the sides and front that are changing shape. Some kind of weird gravitational force at work is sucking my once manly chest south. I don't dare go without a belt else my shoes will start filling out into clown size Michael Jordans. As Aristophanese once said, "If it ain't one damned thing it's another". So true.
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Your gravitationally challenged! :)

As my old Dad used to say "It's like being a new dog in town. If you run they bite your a** and if you stand still they s***w you.

Life just ain't fair.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thanks guys. His injury's not life threatening its just going to be comfort threatening. I've got no idea what kinda price tag to put on it.
Rick

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Looking good, Rick. Have you had an opportunity to run this yet? How does it sound? I'll look forward to hearing about the first test rides.
SB
SB, thanks. So far so good. I ran it prior to teardown sounds tight, top end was 45mph with my 220lbs with 140lb rider 50 was a breeze and climbed hills well. I've geared it down for even more low end grunt & a top end of 38mph. Im waiting on the clear coat to cure so I can put the tank and such on. I'll post a video of it when finished.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Rick,
I think that bike should cost the new owner a pretty penny to own it. Yes I think that he would be getting his pennysworth in more ways than one.
A sweet looking ride indeed.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Worked on the bike some more
I installed the ignition into the engine shroud.
Found a chain guard painted it to match the rest.
Hooked up the thumb throttle.
Locked down all the sprockets in place.

Attachments

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That is indeed a fine looking machine Rick. I can't wait to see what it brings when you sell it or are you sweeping out a corner of the garage so it has a safe place to sit until it's needed. :)

Steve.