The bearing doctor!!!

GoldenMotor.com

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Hello everyone.

I'm starting this thread to once and for all end the needless forum searching for the proper bearing codes that belong to the 66cc GT-5 two stroke engine (and later all the other Chinese engines). This includes ALL bearings inside the engine. I believe there are 6 but if IM wrong please tell me.

Upper needle bearing
Lower needle bearing

Crank shaft bearings x2 matching

Clutch shaft bearing x2 matching

What I need is ether
1) the complete dimension of all bearings (or any bearings you may know of)or

2) a researchable replacement bearing ID number.

This is it! No more taking bearings to auto stores trying to match by size. No more buying replacement bearings form the same dealers that sold you the engine with the Chinese bearings in the first place. No more "eyeballing". No more "just making it work with my old bearings" type BS. And no more buying bearings that aren't specified to the job it has to do inside the engine. No more forum searching in 7 different places to try to find all the ID numbers. AND NO MORE NEED TO ASK THE QUESTION "what are the proper replacement bearings for my engine" AND GETTING ONLY 3 UNSATISFACTORY RESPONSES. This is it its all going to be in one place now.

Now what is going to happen?
I'm going to use the information you guys provide me to do a host of beneficial things.

1) I'm going to make a extensive list listing all the bearings that could posibably work for every bearing application in the engine

2) I'm going to list bearing sets that will be geared to different attributes you may desire. (speed, noise, longevity, price, material,my recommended set up Ext.)

3) I'm going to list the company that make all the bearings for this engine so you have selection instead of using just SKF

4) I'm going to list the sights were you can buy these bearings (don't worry I'm not a vender and i will not be pushing any particular sight I'm just trying to make obtain these bearings easier for you.)

So help me do this guys any bearing specs you may have would be great! Ill find out all the sizes one way or anther but if you know and told me that would be a great help

Thanks!

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Crankshaft and clutch shaft use the same bearings..Both seals on the clutch shaft bearing, and just the outer seal on the crankshaft (buy with seals on both sides and remove the inner seal). Total of (4) four bearings.
Bearing #
6202-2RS (lubed with oil 23,000 RPM) Bearing 15x35x11 Sealed Ball Bearings
Item # 6202-2RS or the 6202-ZZ (needs a outer seal)
The 6202 series bearings have envelope dimensions of 15x35x11. The 6200 Series bearings feature deep, honed raceways, resulting in a perfectly balanced bearing. They are still considered a “light” series. These bearings are available in sealed or shielded configurations. In most applications, shielded bearings (ZZ) are more practical in cleaner, high-speed applications, while the sealed bearings (2RS) are more practical for applications of slower speeds and dirtier environments. These bearings are self-lubricated, making them virtually maintenance free.

This section has been updated.
Seals (2) 15mm X 35mm X 7mm Installs on the outside of the clutch shaft bearings and not a part of the bearing.
Seals (2) 14.8mm X 27mm X 3.8mm Installs on the outside of the crankshaft bearings and not a part of the bearing.

Wrist pin bearing..Needle roller and cage assemblies
INA K10X14X13-TV or INA KBK10X14X13
Gilardoni 10x14x13
http://medias.ina.de/medias/en!hp.ec.br.pr/K*K10X14X13-TV
FAG/SKF NAB14
Consolidated HK1412

Rod bearings??? Haven't taken one down that far.

Remember... "Made in the U.S." can mean that the bearing is manufactured in the U.S.A. with foreign bought components. For example a good name bearing "Timkin" is made by as many as 5 foreign companies, probably the same with SKF. Although anything not made in China is better then the Chinese c@@p

Attachments

Last edited:

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Fish can I kiss you? If I get a guy like you commenting on this form just once a day I’ll be able to get this project done in a week. Also for anyone else with a Chinese made engine 48cc or 66cc let me know your bearing information I heard that older HT engines had smaller bearings than the new ones. Let me know what all of you got!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Crankshaft and camshaft use the same bearings..Both seals on the camshaft bearing, and just the outer seal on the crankshaft (buy with seals on both sides and remove the inner seal). Total of (4) four bearings.
Bearing #
6202-2RS (lubed with oil 23,000 RPM) Bearing 15x35x11 Sealed Ball Bearings
Item # 6202-2RS or the 6202-ZZ (needs a outer seal)
The 6202 series bearings have envelope dimensions of 15x35x11. The 6200 Series bearings feature deep, honed raceways, resulting in a perfectly balanced bearing. They are still considered a “light” series. These bearings are available in sealed or shielded configurations. In most applications, shielded bearings (ZZ) are more practical in cleaner, high-speed applications, while the sealed bearings (2RS) are more practical for applications of slower speeds and dirtier environments. These bearings are self-lubricated, making them virtually maintenance free.

Seals (2) 15mm X 35mm X7mm Installs on the outside of the crankshaft bearings and not a part of the bearing itself.

Wrist pin bearing..Needle roller and cage assemblies
INA K10X14X13-TV or INA KBK10X14X13
Gilardoni 10x14x13
Needle roller and cage assemblies - K10X14X13-TV
FAG/SKF NAB14
Consolidated HK1412

Rod bearings??? Haven't taken one down that far.

Remember... "Made in the U.S." can mean that the bearing is manufactured in the U.S.A. with foreign bought components. For example a good name bearing "Timkin" is made by as many as 5 foreign companies, probably the same with SKF. Although anything not made in China is better then the Chinese c@@p
Camshaft bearings?!?!?!? maybe THATS why my china girl wont run...it's got no "camshaft"! (Just kidding...I know you meant CLUTCHshaft bearings...could;nt resist poking you in the eye with a pointy stick.

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
An upper bearing that I have used from "Bearings Direct" is a k-10x14x15. The part number is #k101415. I have about 800 miles on one with no issues.The KBK style is not available in the US. Being 2mm wider, it gives a better loading on the bearing and wristpin. Fits the piston well on the skyhawk 66cc motors. Can't speak about the 48cc engine. Has anyone else tried this bearing?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Motion Industries has a website you can order many of the bearings and seals from. Here is a link for there product search page.

Motion Industries - Product Search --

Product # for seals I'm about to try: 17x29x5HMS5

Product # for bearings: KBK10x14x13
A 17 X 29 X 5 probably won't work, I buy from them (here in Birmingham), and order the seal I recommended. The crankshaft diameter is 15mm and the case OD is 35mm. 35mm is a nice tight fit.

Seals (2) 15mm X 35mm X 7mm Installs on the outside of the clutch shaft bearings and not a part of the bearing.
Seals (2) 14.8mm X 27 mm X 3.8mm Installs on the outside of the crankshaft bearings and not a part of the bearing. Although not needed if using a sealed (both sides) bearing.

Last edited:

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
Anyone have suggestions where to get the bearings? Be nice to find a place that sells both the 6202 and needle bearings.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Every post that I have read regarding folks researching the big end conrod bearing have all come to the same conclusion: they are an oddball size not easily found.
I have yet to read of anyone even coming up with a bearing to cannibalize the rollers out of as a make-work.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Wait... I still don't get it. Where is the best site to get bearings from? One of the sponsors here, I think pistonbikes, has German 6202 bearings for $6 each. Are they good? And what about the 10x14x15 wrist pin bearing, where can I get a good one for less than $15 shipped? And how about a 16 mm wide, has anybody tried that? Why is the 15 mm wide one used when the piston pin bosses are over 17mm wide?

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I have gotten some Japanese bearings from ebay . The wrist pin bearing you can get from treatland .I made some little spacers for my wrist pin bearing to keep it centered in the rod but the wider bearing would work to . I measured my bottom bearing but I am not sure if its the right size because it was broken and in two pieces made it a little tuff to measure . Here is the size I came up with 16x22x12. I am going to go to a bearing supplier today and see if they have one that size to see how it fits .

6 bucks for bearings is a good price ,I would run a German bearing over a Chinese bearing any day of the week .

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
I get the 10x14x15 at bearings direct. Its rated at 50,000rpm. Part number is K101415. It is an open caged needle bearing. Its a japanese bearing and sells for $6.96 ea

Last edited:

Das Chicken

Mar 22, 2012
Georgia
Are the piston pin bearings the same on the 48 as the 66? I've got my cylinder off anyway, might as well replace it. Also who sells cheap piston pin clips?

**Edit** I'll get some measurements and pictures of my 48/49cc HT's piston pin bearing. There is a crapload of room for the bearing to slap around.

Last edited:

Das Chicken

Mar 22, 2012
Georgia
Alright, i got the measurements for the 48/49cc piston pin bearing. 10x14x12,
while the holders are 15mm apart, which gives the bearing 3mm of room to slap around in. So the 10x14x15 bearing will probably work in the 48/49'ers.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Looks like I may have to replace my wrist pin needle bearing soon. How difficult is it to get the old one out and the new one in? Is it something that I can just do by hand, or do I need specials tools or a press?