The 2010 4-Stroke in-frame Build-Off!

GoldenMotor.com

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
Bill, Ya just started 4 new classes. Best Motor assisted pedal cab,Best Trailer, Best Stretch Tractor, and Best Tractor Puller.!! I know those Steep hills out there...
What fun Bill,and Vinnie..
Hats Off for this treat..
Helmutt

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi gang! Well, this is quite a nice fleet of bikes in the competition! I am sure glad that I am not voting! I would have a hard time figuring, and would not want to leave anyone out!

Originally, I had hoped, to figure out how to have only bike owners vote, BUT, have not figured out how I could manage that!

Then I thought, let all 4-stroke owners vote but, how do we be sure everyone who should vote, only votes once?

So, I will now ask you-all how you feel the voting will be most fair, and fun?

IF no ideas are feasible, then I will just have to do the regular "poll" that works on this site.
Let me know, as I am ready to see all ideas, and then PROCEED!

Mike

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'd say just do it with the poll and leave it open to anybody who wants to vote. You don't have to be a four stroke owner to like somebody's build or have a preference.
SB

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I had that prob with pics as well,,,
I even re-named them and it was still giving grief :(
I had to upload them to photobucket, then copy/paste a link to a clickable thumbnail

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yes, it's a pain. What I do is a screenshot with a utility called Gadwin Printscreen, which is a freeware very small download. Once that's in your machine then you click on the key at the upper right of the keyboard which says prt sc and it will "take a picture" you might say of whatever is on your computer screen. It is also handy for swiping pictures off of ebay. So, I bring up a picture I've already posted, do a screen shot of it, find the screenshot wherever it has been stored in my computer and then crop it and post it. I use picasa. Hope this helps somebody.
SB

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
I'd say just do it with the poll and leave it open to anybody who wants to vote. You don't have to be a four stroke owner to like somebody's build or have a preference.
SB
I ditto Silver Bears Thinking,and second it...
And further submit for group thought. A Blue linked E-mail in place AS Officially the Voting Booth> Sent to 3 upstanding members as final counters. heck easy enough, redundant email voters will be not counted but once.. and if redundant same voter with other e-mail address?? I think the Honor system works... Just say No double voting..
But all members should be allowed to Vote.. Do I hear a 3rd ?
Helmutt

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I think a seperate poll for each class would work
I believe that the polls could be set as publc (everyone could see who voted for what bike)
or private (only the vote count shows)

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
I think a separate poll for each class would work
I believe that the polls could be set as publc (everyone could see who voted for what bike)
or private (only the vote count shows)
Naaaa>>? Bill! that becomes goofy kaos?? like a country of Men instead of Law. No disrespect though.. But
I like Silverbears thinking, one vote, per class, per person,anyone can vote, On a Voting booth link.. Done deal EZ.fair,and still fun... although I do not know how to do it, yet Silverbear seems tuned an able..
So I here by Nominate Silver Bear as the honorable man to set it up!
Do I hear a 2nd??
Helmutt. :)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

We can easily add the MTB class back if needed. Who wants to offer a picture for the award?

Have fun,

For the MTB class I'm going to add the HF 79cc in a Trek build for my partner p hood whom I documented the build for, but it was his project. Here's some pics of the build:

URL=http://img259.imageshack.us/i/img1043b.jpg/]
[/URL]

Here is the thread of the build: http://motorbicycling.com/f37/new-build-hf-79cc-trek-24247.html

This build really turned out great.....it's fast, smooth and a lot of fun too ride! It was built for our good friend and Bintang Nation member Mario.

Last edited: