The 2010 4-Stroke in-frame Build-Off!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm not sure how it could be done on this site using the poll system. You need five catagories to be voted on. One vote per person and for each catagory. And you have to post at least one pic of each bike entered for the catagory of entry......quite a few pics I'm thinkin. I also think the person or persons setting up the poll should not be entrants of the contest.

That's all I got....good luck.dnut

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have a suggestion as this has gotten way to complicated I think that Quenton and Mike should each pick two moderators that don't have anything to do with this contest thats 4 in total and let them each pick winners in each category. Just a thought

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi guys, what I am thinking is this. IF I make a poll/thread for each category, and then the builders submit pics in the corresponding thread, then the vote can be made only once in each thread. We will have no way to include, nor exclude any Forum member who wishes to vote, and no-one (except the software system) could tamper with the results. As you know, I have not entered, for obvious reasons, and neither has Quenton, BUT we do not want to even appear involved in the selection process. I think it will work.

Comments?

Mike

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I have a suggestion as this has gotten way to complicated I think that Quenton and Mike should each pick two moderators that don't have anything to do with this contest thats 4 in total and let them each pick winners in each category. Just a thought
Yes, moderators willing....that a lot to ask though. It's a good thought Terry, would be nice if they agree to it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The only thing about that is the pictures that have been posted can not be posted again
Yes they can.....yes they can. Done it before, anyone can re-post a pic. It just takes work and time, but to do the link thing would make it a pita for the voter. It's a hard thing to organize me thinks.

Last edited:
There are 3 kinds of people in this world,

People that watch things happen
People that make things happen
People that wondered what happened

Why the comment?

I have been WATCHING this build off, WONDERING why it isn't completed, and guess I need to get involved to speed up the process.

Here goes..............

We have 2 awards in the vintage class
VINTAGE CRUISER and BOARD TRACK/VINTAGE.

We don't have a Boardtrack entry therefore I am removing the "Board Track" portion of the award and making it "VINTAGE".

After looking over all the posts I find several never finished, and one wasn't an "In Frame".

Two bikes were entered that were constructed of Vintage Parts, therefore........

Silverbear wins "Vintage Cruiser" .
Jay Cruise wins "Vintage" [with Boardtrack removed from the class]

This leaves 3 classes to judge.......

STRETCH CRUISER

AZBill [posts 81 ~ 85]
Turkman [post 53]

MTB

Scotto [posts 178 & 179]
Techbiker [posts 24 & 143]

CRUISER

Fat Daddy [post 75]
Gluekill [post 104]
Scotto Entry #A [post 67 & 144]
Scotto Entry #B [post 152]
AKG [post 160]
Terry Blow [post 114]
Terry Blow [post 99]
Silverbear [posts 89 & 90]

If I have missed anyone, PLEASE let me know. I know Scotto entered several builds, and read about other multiple planned entries, however I could have missed some in the research. If any one isn't listed above, contact me right away.

I am asking for the moderators to help set up a method to judge the 3 remaining classes.

We need to send these Awards to the hard working folks ASAP.

Silverbear... contact me and supply address to send award.
Jay Cruise... I have your address.

A few additional comments

Thank everyone for entering the "2010 4-Stroke In Frame Build-Off"
It was our honor to give a little back to the MB builders
We will "Do It Again", however with better planning.

Have fun,

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Not that it matters, but I had two bikes entered. One was a 1950 Schwinn "Motorbike" with a straight bar frame and the other was a 1951 Schwinn Hornet with a cantilever frame... maybe call that one a cruiser since it is. Thanks for the very cool award and good luck to those in other classes. Will PM my winter address. I've already started on the 2011 buildoff, assuming there is one. Hope so and also that there will be many more neat entries. Fun!
SB

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
There are 3 kinds of people in this world,

People that watch things happen
People that make things happen
People that wondered what happened

Why the comment?

I have been WATCHING this build off, WONDERING why it isn't completed, and guess I need to get involved to speed up the process.

Here goes..............

We have 2 awards in the vintage class
VINTAGE CRUISER and BOARD TRACK/VINTAGE.

We don't have a Boardtrack entry therefore I am removing the "Board Track" portion of the award and making it "VINTAGE".

After looking over all the posts I find several never finished, and one wasn't an "In Frame".

Two bikes were entered that were constructed of Vintage Parts, therefore........

Silverbear wins "Vintage Cruiser" .
Jay Cruise wins "Vintage" [with Boardtrack removed from the class]

This leaves 3 classes to judge.......

STRETCH CRUISER

AZBill [posts 81 ~ 85]
Turkman [post 53]

MTB

Scotto [posts 178 & 179]
Techbiker [post 143]

CRUISER

Fat Daddy [post 75]
Gluekill [post 104]
Scotto Entry #A [post 67 & 144]
Scotto Entry #B [post 152]
AKG [post 160]
Terry Blow [post 114]

If I have missed anyone, PLEASE let me know. I know Scotto entered several builds, and read about other multiple planned entries, however I could have missed some in the research. If any one isn't listed above, contact me right away.

I am asking for the moderators to help set up a method to judge the 3 remaining classes.

We need to send these Awards to the hard working folks ASAP.

Silverbear... contact me and supply address to send award.
Jay Cruise... I have your address.

A few additional comments

Thank everyone for entering the "2010 4-Stroke In Frame Build-Off"
It was our honor to give a little back to the MB builders
We will "Do It Again", however with better planning.

Have fun,
Hi Quenton
You missed my second entry post #99
Terry

Hi Terry,

Sorry was hard to follow the string of posts. Did you ever post the final entry photo in this section [most likely I missed it]?

I will add to the cruiser list [still to be voted on] and if possible post your final picture in this section to make it easier to judge.

Thanks for entering your outstanding MBs in the 2010 build!

Have fun,

Last edited: