Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well I did not go to Dallas but I did go to the other side of Fort Worth a town named River Oaks, it was about a 20 mile ride there and back. I guess that is good enough for today maybe next weekend Dallas.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I rode a 20 mile ride today, and filmed the bicycle parade, took my kid to see all the big buildings and rich houses. It was a good time. Dallas has a reputation for being crazy, but there are lots of nice folks there, too. It's good to see all the people walking, jogging, and cycling.

bar-cam video of my ride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr39-x0j0zQ

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nice ride Happy. I saw they were going to have that ride. I had other commitments, but wish I could have been there. Thanks for posting your vid.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
I rode a 20 mile ride today, and filmed the bicycle parade, took my kid to see all the big buildings and rich houses. It was a good time. Dallas has a reputation for being crazy, but there are lots of nice folks there, too. It's good to see all the people walking, jogging, and cycling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr39-x0j0zQ
Happycheapskate,
Thanks for the video...and the pic?
I say that because I get your post and everyone's post in my email also. When I read your post in my email the link below your post isn't of the YouTube video. Instead it's a pic of some very sexy chic. On the forum it's youtube but in my email it's eye candy. Here's that link...did anyone else get that?

http://sadpanda.us/images/1517506-LA5GC6A.jpg

Attachments

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well I still got a 13.5 mile ride in today. I went to Home Depot to look for parts for my home made exhaust. What do most people use for pipe 1" conduit?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well I still got a 13.5 mile ride in today. I went to Home Depot to look for parts for my home made exhaust. What do most people use for pipe 1" conduit?
Bigd, I know some people do use electrical conduit for exhaust pipes, but I'm not sure what size they use. 1" sounds kind of big, but I don't really know.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
In case anyones interested, I'm going down to Strokers Spring Fling tonight to watch the pole dance contest. I should be there by 7:15 pm. It starts at 8. I'll be getting toasted by 9. I'll be on my Moped. I'm pretty sure it'll be the only one there. Expect it to be very crowded.

http://dallasemail.com/04102013.html

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well you guys missed out again. First I rode up and parked with the other he men.

The crowd went wild to see such a powerful machine ride up. Then the next thing I know hot babes wanted to have their pictures taken with my bike. And oh yeah, did I mention the pole dance contest?

I took a few other pictures of the pole dance contest too, but I might get banded from the site if I show them to you.

Last edited:

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Hope to be getting off werk soon enough. Hope its still daylight when I punch the clock so I can get at least some riding in \m/ bikes breaking in nicely and now that I have a buddy to ride with its even better to cruise town.

And biknut - *facepalm* I soooooooo wish I lived closer to dallas. Thanks for the eye candy \m/

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
As someone who has been plagued by tank leaks - I recommend a product called red kote. I got it from orilley auto parts for 30 bucks for a pint of the stuff. Its supposed to do up to a 25 gallon tank so I figure I can do rougly 20 tanks lol. Long story short its atank sealer and has worked for me wonderfully so far. It even sealed a tank I had laying around that had one of the studs pulled completely out. I was impressed. I have also tried the epoxies and soldering to cure leaks and the gas seems to eat epoxie in about a week and I have less than satisfactry results with soldering. Hope you get it fixed soon as I hate when my bike is down. \m/ >.< \m/

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Man its been great to have a buddy to ride around with. Got my new 36t sprocket installed early this morning. Took it for a test ride and I can feel the difference. Got back to the house and got me a drink and about that time my buddy stopped by the house. We bounced out into town and spent a good chunk of the day just cruising around town super slow. Buddys bike is completely stock save for the rt carb that I gave him to replace the nt carb that didn't work. (I think it has an air leak issue that an o ring could fix but I didn't have an o ring but did have spare rt carb \m/). Needless to say his bike is nowhere near as fast as mine and it forces me to stay off the gas when we ride so he can keep up. I've barely been getting off idle when we riding. Its nice to have something to compare my bike to so I can accually see the power increase of all the hp parts I have installed. I'm also really close to having my bike ready for the show comming up. Just a few more small details left. \m/ >.< \m/

OldHarley

Jan 22, 2013
Dallas
In case anyones interested, I'm going down to Strokers Spring Fling tonight to watch the pole dance contest.
I would have attended, but I wiki'ed it and it didn't sound like it was something I would be interested in:

Polish folk dances (singular: taniec ludowy, pronounced [ˈtaɲɛts luˈdɔvɨ]; plural: tańce ludowe [ˈtaɲtsɛ luˈdɔvɛ]) tend to be lively, energetic, and joyful. Hops, twirls, and athletic movements are common. Many dances involve a circle (Polish: koło [ˈkɔwɔ] "circle", kołem [ˈkɔwɛm] "in a circle").
Clothing is usually colorful. In addition, women often wear coral necklaces, particularly red ones. They also decorate their hair with flowers or ribbons. In some regions, women may wear a hat or a loose headscarf. These are sometimes adorned with flowers or ribbons. Men's hats may also feature decorations, particularly in southern regions.
The Polish national dances are the Krakowiak, Kujawiak, Mazurek, Oberek, and Polonaise.

From the photos it seems to be something else, altogether...

Last edited: