Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I can barely get my wife to ride at all. Her purple Dax bike was in the shed for about 362 days last year. I'd buy gobs of bike parts if she'd ride it, but it's already pretty slick.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
My bike is all good, got my Staton throttle lever installed, tested the bike out the other day (kickstand run to go over stuff and fire it up). My ankle is getting better by the day. I'm looking forward to joining for a Dallas ride.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I rode Stunner to the Richardson Bike Mart Tuesday to buy a speedometer for my moped. They also happen to be the Felt dealer in Dallas now. I parked close to the front door so they'd be able to see my bike. I told the guy behind the counter what I was looking for, and he finds me what I want. So I tell him I heard they were the Felt dealer now and he says yes, for almost a year. I mention to him I rode my Felt there, and ask if they're sold any like it. He looks toward the door and takes a long look at my bike. I was surprised by his response. He says, no I don't think we've sold any of those models. Then he asks what size motor is that on there. I tell him it's 66cc. He says oh, that's the big motor that they call an 80 isn't it?

This was the first time anyone at a bicycle shop knew anything about a motor bicycle that I've ever been too. He tells me he's been thinking about making one himself. He came outside and looked my bike over real close. Then he got a coworker to come and look at it too. They were both very friendly.

What a difference from the bicycle snobs at the shop I actually bought stunner from last year. At that time RBM wasn't a dealer. I wish I could have bought my bike from them instead. From now on I'm going there as much as possible.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Nice idea on the TX thread whoever started it. Thanks BikNut for putting me on board. I'm in central TX....Fort Hood to be exact and I've new to the motorbiking "drug". My supplier sends me what I need or want and I stay hooked on tweaking and looking for what else I can add to it. My next addition will be his front wheel disc upgrade and hand built 24 inch wheel w/disc hub...in the mail as of today!!
But anyway I've only been an addict since I installed the kit my "supplier" sent me last month and I'm hooked. Everything is going good and I can't wait till this CenTex wintry weather moves on. So lets ride TX I'm game.

YouTube Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qgiD6xAk8

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's always good to hear from another Texas rider Reset. You're in Killeen I think. Not all that far from Dallas. I think a Texas ride is a good idea, but we're all so far apart. We need to keep plugging away at the idea until we get enough people interested. I would throw my bike in the van and drive to Austin or San Antonio if there's enough interest in a motor bicycle rally. Those 2 city's are the hot bed of motor bicycling in Texas. Right now I only know of 6 motor bicycles in my area.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
I didn't know that this many people were motorbiking in TX or that Austin and San Antonio were a kind of hot spot. I'm looking forward a ride out there if enough people are serious enough to strap theirs down in a pick up and make the trip like I am.
We'll keep plugging at it and it may develop.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If RBM means Richardson Bike Mart, that is the snobbiest shop in all of Dal-land! I bet a tube is $10 there, and a granola bar $5. It's more of a bike museum than a store. hahhaha.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If RBM means Richardson Bike Mart, that is the snobbiest shop in all of Dal-land! I bet a tube is $10 there, and a granola bar $5. It's more of a bike museum than a store. hahhaha.
Well I know they are expensive, but the at least they're nice about it. I haven't noticed the snob attitude nearly as much from them as other shops. I've been there several times on my motor bicycle, and they've never given me the shizz, and actually took time to come outside and look at my bike most of the time.

Bicycles Plus, and Performance Bicycle have always been terrible to me in comparison, especially Bicycles Plus. They are really snobs. Only REI has treated me as good, but they're pretty expensive too.

The best was Bicycle Exchange, but they closed a few months ago.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Got my buddys bike done today \m/ didn't have much time ride as we had numerous challenges with this build. We planning on getting some riding done tomorrow in the north houston area if anyone else is interested in joining us. Also got my replacement fork in and installed so I'm super stoked. Weather should be perfect tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some miles on our new engines \m/

On another note - have entered my bike in the texas showdown car/truck show that's comming up on june 1st - 2nd. It will be at the sam houston raceway. I'm entered in the specialty class and I doubt there will be another motorized bike, so hopefully ill be able to win the class. Might talk to the people running it and see if they would be interested in having a seperate class just for these things if we could get more bikes to enter \m/

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm sure you'll get a first place trophy lamb. You're sure doing a good job representing us down there in the Houston area.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Lamb, nice job getting yourself in the contest. I'm pretty proud of my build and would love to enter it in a contest such as that. That trophy is all yours for sure.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I hope to at the very least place. I have no idea what ill be up against and the show is a major deal. I'm all about representing us \m/ hope to get more people interested in our hobby if for nothng else but to have some others to ride with looooool. Its amazing to have my buddys bike done and have another rider to cruise with. Would be super amazing to have an event for just motorized bikes. I really enjoy seeing other peoples creations and getting ideas for the next build. That's one of the reasons I LOVE this forum. Would be even better to see some of the stuff on the forum in person and be able to bs with the creators \m/

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
I agree that this forum is amazing. I was glad to find it just days after I finished my build and the best part is that it's a wealth of information and ideas for all levels of motor bicycling junkies like myself. I'm definitely addicted to my bike now and this forum too. There should be an app for this!

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well I am up and at work on "Her" this morning. Got to make sure "She " is ready for today. I am going to leave Fort Worth for the first time headed to Arlington maybe even Dallas but that is a long ride to Dallas.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Dang that is a long ride. Hopefully the ride is as smooth as the pavement...no hiccups or speed bumps along the way for ya. Ride safe and have fun.