Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I used a bit of oil in the motor when I rebuilt it. Im thinking that it is just to much sitting in the bottom of the crankcase. Im going to dump and clean it all out on sunday and see where that gets me. Yes im using the choke and throttle but it still wont stay running.
The only time I've had starting trouble it's always ended up being the magneito coil. I think the stock kill switch makes them go bad.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh Man BN, perfect!

Hey, right at 1:47. Over lay the sound of the engine revving.....

But really, could not have picked a better song. Awesome.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Oh Man BN, perfect!

Hey, right at 1:47. Over lay the sound of the engine revving.....

But really, could not have picked a better song. Awesome.
Thanks Dan. This bike really was a group effort. So many people on the forum helped me with advise, and other information.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Red alert Dallas riders. Tomorrow is looking like a perfect day to ride. Weather man is predicting mostly sunny skys, and 70 degrees.

I planning to ride down to the Katy Trail, and pedal around the uptowners till 3, then ride over to the Dubliner Irish Pub on Lower Greenville. The scooters show up at there at 3. I'll be riding Stunner. You'll know it's me, because it's red, and it's a motor bicycle. I'll have a vodka martini in my hand with 2 olives.

Anyone that wants to ride with me has 2 choices. PM me, or just show up at the Dubliner after 3. The Dubliner is across the street from the Blue Goose. All the Harleys are parked over there. The cross street is Goodwin. It's North of Belmont.

In case you thinking it's too far to ride consider this, it's 20 miles from my house one way.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Red alert Dallas riders. Tomorrow is looking like a perfect day to ride. Weather man is predicting mostly sunny skys, and 70 degrees.

I planning to ride down to the Katy Trail, and pedal around the uptowners till 3, then ride over to the Dubliner Irish Pub on Lower Greenville. The scooters show up at there at 3. I'll be riding Stunner. You'll know it's me, because it's red, and it's a motor bicycle. I'll have a vodka martini in my hand with 2 olives.

Anyone that wants to ride with me has 2 choices. PM me, or just show up at the Dubliner after 3. The Dubliner is across the street from the Blue Goose. All the Harleys are parked over there. The cross street is Goodwin. It's North of Belmont.

In case you thinking it's too far to ride consider this, it's 20 miles from my house one way.
I'm really looking forward to riding today. The Katy will probably be packed. This will be the first time I've ridden Stunner on the Katy trail. With my new 41T chain ring my bike is pretty easy to pedal now. About like a 60 lb motorized bicycle ought to be. I expect to ride at least 40 miles today.

Things I'll be on the look out for today,

Other motor bicycles (fat chance), mopeds, Ruckus's, Scooters, vintage bicycles, martini's.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I wish I was gonna be riding today... Disassembled the cranbrook last night and started the tour de hood build. I'm hoping to finish it up some time this afternoon and then I might be caught riding around town in north houston. One of these days imma have to come to dallas to ride \m/

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I wish I was gonna be riding today... Disassembled the cranbrook last night and started the tour de hood build. I'm hoping to finish it up some time this afternoon and then I might be caught riding around town in north houston. One of these days imma have to come to dallas to ride \m/
Maybe we could meet half way if we can get some interest from riders in Austin, and San Antonio.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think I'm good to go. I just raided my mommys pocket book. I better get out of here before she finds out.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
LOL Lamb, that's a good one
I wish I could take credit for the name - but its what the decals on the frame say. I dig it though, it deff fits ;)

Maybe we could meet half way if we can get some interest from riders in Austin, and San Antonio.
I'd deffinately be interested in something like that biknut.

Got bike done around 3pm and been "test riding" the rest of the afternoon. So nice to ride, even if I just kept it to my neighborhood \m/ if weathers nice again tomorrow ill be all over north houston on the 59 side if anyone reading this will be out my way. Can't miss me lol I'm the guy on the sick cruiser bike with a motor on it ;)

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm back. Squashed again lol. I'm getting old. Just a 3 martini afternoon and I'm smooshed. They get bigger as you go apparently. The first one was about 1/3 of a glass. The second one was about 1/2 a glass. The third one was overflowing the glass. I think the badtenderus tried to rip me off on the third drink. I gave her a $20 and she gave me back $1.50. I said I gave you a $20 right? She forked over another $10 without question.

Riding down there I was cruising about 25 mph the whole way. Coming home 35 seemed slow. I noticed my speedometer gets rf interference at 36 mph, so I'm not sure how fast I was going. I think about 37. Hope it doesn't hurt my motor, it only has about 150 miles on it now.

I did pedal the Katy trail about 4 miles before going to the Dub.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I had pretty fun ride today. 40 miles again. I did pedal about 4 extra miles up and down part of the Katy. The trail was packed too.

I think I've finally got all the bugs figured out with Stunner. It was running pretty hard the last 20 miles home. The max speed on the bike computer says 39.4. That's pretty good for 24" wheels. I have a 36T sprocket. It's running and idling great so far, running 28:1 ratio @ 150 miles total now. After this gallon I'm going to 32:1 for the next gallon, and I'm going to jet down to a 66 and call it good.

Running it below 30 mph it feels indestructible like it's not even working much. Running at 35 mph feels like it's really zipping along. It powers up to it pretty fast too. The ride seems a lot smoother than it ought to be. I'm running about 40 psi in the tires.

The big tires handle well, but the brakes leave a little to be desired. When zooming up to a stop, if you grab a bunch of drum, and hit the coaster you don't start slowing down as fast as you'd like so you apply more brake to both brakes, and the coaster starts skiding the rear tire, but the drum isn't doing much. Snatching a bunch more drum helps. The coaster is a lot stronger than the drum, but the drum is strong if you pull on it hard enough. The brakes get the job done, but not luxuriously.

RyRod

Mar 21, 2011
Texas
Took my bike out for a short ride today after work. It was a beautiful day. Wish I could have been in big D, but funky town is still a nice placd to ride.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Ill be out in north houston this afternoon. Got a full tank of gas and weather is beautiful. Wife wrecked my bike so bent springer is trashed but I got the factory fork back on for now so I can at least ride whill I'm off next 4 days \m/ >.< \m/

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ill be out in north houston this afternoon. Got a full tank of gas and weather is beautiful. Wife wrecked my bike so bent springer is trashed but I got the factory fork back on for now so I can at least ride whill I'm off next 4 days \m/ >.< \m/
Hope she's alright. I wouldn't be too hard on her, those bent forks do take getting used to. Hope you have fun riding today.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
She's generally ok. No broken bones or brain damage, just a severe case of road rash on left side of her body from head to toe. I wasn't hard on her for wrecking my bike and trashing my forks, but I was hard on her about riding my bike w/o a helmet. This is partly my fault as recently have been riding without it. But... I have always stressed how important it is to wear it to her and especially since she's never ridden any kind of motorcycle/dirt bike/motor bicycle ect.
I'm not gonna pretend I'm not upset about her wrecking my shiny bent springer frontend as I really don't have the skrilla to replace them. I am holding onto a little hope as a buddy of mine said he might be able to straiten theM back out. Currently forks are twisted so that the wheel sits diaganaly instead of strait up and down. If I can fix them ill be extreamly happy as only othe thing that got trashed was the mirror.
All gravy though, I can still ride. Cool factor is just a bit down looooool. Will feel a whole lot better when the parts I recently ordered get in. Ordered a 36t sprocket and bikeberry sent me e-mail saying they are out of stock. So all I'm really waiting on is new grips. ...holding my breath loooooool

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Man it just keeps getting better and better.... Rode up to pharmacy to fill wifes perscription and when I got there I noticed cluch side cover had huge dent and crack. Not a big deal right... Rode back home with no issues but have noticed that bike has felt a bit sluggish since wife wrecked. So I swapped out covers and went out into the neighborhood to just take a quick trip and see if throttle was the issue or MAybe something else. Didn't even make it around the block before engie siezed. Was able to clutch it and pedal back no biggie. I though mabee clutch wasn't letting out all the way so I released the cable from clutch arm and reMoved guide post to adjust it. It didn't fix the problem so I pulled the plug and with plug out I couldn't turn engine over. Was at that moment I realized what had happened.....

Piston was siezed inside the jug and it was time for fresh topend. Left engine on the bike and removed head. Tried to take off jug but pison was totally stuck and I could see a Massive grove on intake side. Took an extention and hammer and beat the piston free. Lucky for me I have a couple "spare" top ends. Swaped the parts out fairly easily once the piston was freed up. Got it all buttoned back up bout hour before dark and went for a cruise through the hood to see how she did.

OMG - the power was ridiculous. Before I know I was topping out around 20-23MPh, and with fresh topend, friend in a car ran mE down and said holy scrit man I had to do 50 just to catch you and you were Moving around 37mph. I deff felt I was killing it when I topped out. Also wound out super nice. And before I get a bunch of crap about running new top end wot - new jug and piston were matched from previously ran engine and were already broken in before I installed theM on my bike \m/ now to get that fork fixed....