Spy Pics of Team BoXer's full suspension race bike!

GoldenMotor.com

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
I know I've been out of the loop for awhile but I've never seen a manifold/carborator setup remotely like this. Could you please tell me what is going on? That bike is just plain cool! How do these engines hold up to off road use? When MK was still active we were all doing cruisers and such, you guys have some really adventurus projects here. My hats off to all of you...Kelly

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It's walbro carb and a reed cage with carbon fiber reed. We made a few of them for R&D purposes and now that they really work, I think they are ready for production. Coming soon the kit will have the reed cage, piston and carb.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Nice bike!....One thing that might be helpful for a production run would be to angle the carb off to the side...Many bikes may not have a lot of clearance between the carb and the
the seat tube as it is.
Again....Nice work
Andrew

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Good job, it is hard to make a full suspension bike. One of the hard parts is to have the swing arm in the correct position, you did it. Looks like it will move like the wind. Have fun, Dave

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
...Many bikes may not have a lot of clearance between the carb and the
the seat tube as it is.
Again....Nice work
Andrew
Andrew, I measured the carb and reed cage/manifild and is a total of 3 1/2 inches. We plan on just making a custom velocity stack/air cleaner.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I know I've been out of the loop for awhile but I've never seen a manifold/carborator setup remotely like this. Could you please tell me what is going on? That bike is just plain cool! How do these engines hold up to off road use? When MK was still active we were all doing cruisers and such, you guys have some really adventurus projects here. My hats off to all of you...Kelly

Thanks but all the credit and long hours belong to Dean from BoXer.
Here's a picture of the reed cage minus the carbon fiber reed.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
That is really cool. How much does this setup enhance preformance? Can you post a link to a website where I can read more on this mod? I'm very interested in this mod for both prefomance and astedic reasons. Thanks in advance...Kelly

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm not going to lie to you guys but we are a bunch of lod school guys and are really good at checking out forums. But I will take a video of the bike during acceleration.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Prices on the carb only? The carbs alone are around $60 "on the net" without the manifold but you need to do a few easy mods to get them to work. pulse line and linkage(which I'll be happy to show you)

Pockbikesunlimited sells a carb kit for $122.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
What brand is it or was it?...did you have to do alot of mods to get
then engine in?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew, I found this picture. It was the first proto-type set-up before Dean got the beast where it is today. Can you see the difference?

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Nice Real Nice!!!!!! I got to stop lookings at that I got drool all over the key board and I'm afraid I'll short out something.

Last edited: