SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Sat April 7th 2012 Grange Racetrack!!

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

first time to see the pictures posted to date

sure seems to have been a perfect event a few crashes and no injuries hurray!!

i wish i could have been there in person congrats to all

i have meet a few new friends here in belgium who get something like 25 horse power out of 50 cc; engines on scooters they race --god only knows how ???
it is a complete mystery to me but also a friend of theirs who i believe set some motorcycle drag race record of like 3.3 in the quater mile
been collecting some bits and pieces if only my schedule will coordinate with the race/event series schedules i am back to la June 13 soooooo!!

great photos !!! ride safe !!! best to all!!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
This looks like soooooo much fun. Its so cool to see a motorsport you can do on a tight budget...... Oh how i wish i lived in the U.S sometimes :-(

Last edited:

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
AGK/Shane, wanted to see the results before giving a round of praise to your daughter and others, but. . . the days are rolling by.

So, BIG THANKS to your daughter and the other kidos that hung out in "the zone" and rescued the scoring another time. I don't even know the others, there were just happy, healthy, and capable, kinda like some puppies that got dropped off. I hope someone took 'em home. Really, they worked steadily with no let up, job well done!

Scotto's clan was there to get the kids going and several folks grabbed yellow flags and contributed to the track being an appropriately safe environment.

Scoring changes I see need for are:
1) scoring heats is good to train but priority isn't high; maybe bribe the young to score races from 1 to 2:30 with pizza and go-kart rides ?real cash?MBR? I may print up some heat score sheets and if anyone wants to know they can get a volunteer out there,
2) MBR needs sub-class info in hand promptly after the races to better recognize all the hotshoes. Will put a board straight across from scorers to fast post race results. Racers should walk by to edit results and scribble their 1st name in by their race #. Be good if a rep from each sub-class would drop by as I ready the results to make sure no one gets left out of worthy recognition.
3) I'm taking home a copy of results, I want posted where I/everybody placed the next day, not mid-week or later!
4) Put a wide tip Sharpie at the staging area for those who penciled/penned their # plate.

AGK, the radar results are great (and timely). I always print them, along with places finished, and do an analysis. Sorta think setting racing categories by speed (30,40, unlimited) would be just as well as motor size or some power level with a couple of exceptions thrown in. First place #98 lapped 3rd place in <49 small engines! Thank you for doing that. Maybe next time I could help with your radaring the mid-class you ran in.

Picshttp://http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af318/sirfarfle/Grange%20Race%202012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
(Clash of the small motor Titans, don't worry there was a final after this!)

Attachments

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
skip back a few pages head, ppl been posting pics/vids for days...

Grat's to all, and thanks for all the pics/vids for all of us to drool over.

Have a good one!

Greg.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Race video from Icemans go-pro...from last to what second behind that e-bike...then a DNF due to no front brakes...thats racing....
Fantastic video of the 11 HP 12 lap final race that was won by scotto #3
in the gas bike class. Nashmoto #98 on his new 200 cc HF jack shafted bike
was 2nd gas bike.

Jonathan aka Iceman #15 front? brakes failed on lap 10 before the 3rd corner and
he left a long skid mark through the gravel ending up crashing just short of
the main straight!

Jeff aka culvercityclassic the proud Dad with his son Iceman
and their three 4 stroke race bikes.
Iceman also raced a 66 cc 2 stroke.

11 HP class heat starting line up.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ummm.....the Iceman is Jonathan Wolf, not Ryan Wolf. Don't make me slap you upside the head again MBR lol. Just wanted to add clarity here....nothing more.

scotto-
dnut

Fantastic video of the 11 HP 12 lap final race that was won by scotto #3
in the gas bike class. Nashmoto #98 on his new 200 cc HF jack shafted bike
was 2nd gas bike.

Ryan aka Ice Man #15 front? brakes failed on lap 10 before the 3rd corner and
he left a long skid mark through the gravel ending up crashing just short of
the main straight!

Jeff aka culvercityclassic the proud Dad with his son Ryan aka Iceman
and their three 4 stroke race bikes.