Schwinn Panther build

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Sorry power outage and snow keeping me busy, the wheels are 19 inch moped rims from Treatland, motobecane av88 rear drum, Sturmey dymo, Briggs cam is going out to Dymocams Monday for a grind. Going with exhaust springs in/out , need valve pockets not sure if I want to do them myself or have them done, 5 hp lifters cut down. Going to use a 5 hp briggs flojet Hopefully that will Max me out at around 6500 rpms ( rod/dipper failure)I'm new to engine build ups so there has been quite a learning curve for me.
Msrfan has been tons of help with Briggs carb and motor info, as well as some other sites and light reading. http://karting.4cycle.com/faq.php?

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I'm not too sure what tires I'm going to go with, and yes they are the same size as motorcycle tires,I'm sure these are motorcycle rims.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
5 hp flo jet

Spokes, tires, tubes, and cam should be here hopefully this week.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Little update
Took an idea from Mrsfan and cleaned up the head, was going to go with the whole cooling shroud so the bike looked like some kid made it in the 50s. The housing would have been too wide for pedals, probably even the sportsman. This bike probably won't be sitting at idle so forward movement will be the cooling method. I still need to clean up the fins with some hand sanding, but I'm happy with the look. Just about all my parts for the motor are here, still need to get my Sportsman tank and seat. Going with billet bar mounts on seat tube for jack-shaft mount. Need to finish the fins before I send the block for valve spring pockets, but I cut through my thumbnail with a cut off wheel def going to loose it, reminder ....Safety First!

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Got my jackshaft mount pretty much set. Going to try using one pillow block. Just got to trim the plate down, the scrap will be used for the engine mount.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Hey Chain lookin good!! I know you have built lots of wheels and know what you are doing but incase you have not seen this spoke calculator here it is,It is the easiest I have found.I did post it in another thread somewhere.Keep up the good work.http://spokelength.com/