SAT JUNE 2nd Grange Racetrack SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing 2012!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

mojavemesa

Jan 19, 2012
high desert
I've been searching and asking all the moped people that were there that day if they had taken pictures but none did except for Christophe and his are on tomahawktuning.wordpress.com if I remember right. Next time I'll get a person there that's job is to just take pictures. Scooter Mike, who does scoot tv, came out again for this race but just missed it as his gps took him through big bear. Christophe gave him all of his video at the bbq that night.
I hope you weren't talking about mopeders not coming out. Christophe and I thought the turn out for mopeds was great this last race. More than the previous race and a lot more moped spectators paying. I'm not sure if any mopeds are going to baird's race though, kinda too soon after this last race for me.
I wish I could do more for your series Neil, I really do. As it is now I'm doing all I can. Half the mopeders crash at my house the night before races, use my garage for last minute race prep and I try to bring good people to the races. I don't know if it'd help but I can bring my dyno if someone has a 12vdc to 110vac inverter to power my laptop, maybe like motorized bicycle race/dyno day. I can also extend the invitation to anyone, mopeders and motorized bicyclists alike, to crash at my place and use my garage the night before races but aside from that I don't know what else to do.
Call me sometime.

Last edited:

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
That sucks that you had to come out of your own pocket , Each one of your races has gotten better and better .For what we pay to race it is really cheap entertainment, Try going to a movie and dinner on the same amount it's not going to happen .
I am willing to throw you another 20 bucks to help recover some of the money you had to put out . Hopefully some of the others who raced will do the same to help keep this going .Ill give it to you Saturday at Bairds race when I see you ,And thanks for all your hard work on organizing these things .

BigBoyCycles will support the SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing with a
$ 40 donation as well!

Thank you Neil!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
That sucks that you had to come out of your own pocket , Each one of your races has gotten better and better .For what we pay to race it is really cheap entertainment, Try going to a movie and dinner on the same amount it's not going to happen .
I am willing to throw you another 20 bucks to help recover some of the money you had to put out . Hopefully some of the others who raced will do the same to help keep this going .Ill give it to you Saturday at Bairds race when I see you ,And thanks for all your hard work on organizing these things .
That's a good call, headtrama. I was sick and couldn't make the race, so I saved a lot of dough by not going. I'll pony up some money also. Can't let these races go away.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey, thanks a lot Andy
I gotta say that you meet the nicest people at the track!

Yes, I will be at Bairds race this Saturday at 11am? I will have lots of time
so if you have ideas, criticisms or any input whatever about the races and
where they are headed please let me know......

Last edited:

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Cheers to the moped crowd. I've a set of knee pads for Curtiss the next race I see him, and oh, a lexan number plate that doesn't fold like a taco as he flys by the scorekeepers (lol).

I long for the day that all the Big Names get together at 1 event for a throw down. Chris & Ryan on their fast mopes, Luke with his Death Bike, AGK on his Monsta', and some others.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Sorry it took so long but I had my hands tied.
Pops (Magrider & my dad) did the best that he could do to tape the race. There are some missed sections because he was so involved in watching the race and forgot about the tape.
Well enjoy,

http://youtu.be/QuO79WUEN-0

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Pops (Magrider & my dad) did the best that he could do to tape the race. There are some missed sections because he was so involved in watching the race and forgot about the tape.
Well enjoy,

I loved that double white flag........sorry, the checkered flag blew away in the wind laff

Hey, this ain't the AMA Supercross, but it's just as exciting to be there!

dance1

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Well enjoy,

Fantastic video. Your dad did a great job and I shared it on the
SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Facebook page.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
every race gets better and better and the action closer and closer. once you go, to race or watch, you will be hooked, everyone is their for a good time. people who happen to stop and watch, stay. dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
kinda like the 1966 STP turbine indy500 car. so much faster than the others soon after the start the brakes went away. lead the whole race till the end and a $10 part snatched victory from them. the next year they all but outlawed them soon to be gone. it's a good story to be watched. congrats on the win and did you have rear brakes? i dont remember seeing them. thanks dennis

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Howdy folks,
This event sure was fun. Really glad I decided to drive up on the last minute. Very inspirational too, seeing all the great builds and fast bikes. Makes me want to hop up my little bike...

Looking forward to the upcoming races. I hope more people will show up to race, especially the slow class. We need more people to race in that class. I guarantee you will be addicted. So come out with your stock bike and have fun. I am, I'm only going 29mph on the straight ( I only weight 120 lbs.).

I would like to thank everyone for their good vibes and hospitality.
Too funny watching you get stuck on the railroad line at the south end
of Central Ave. :)
If you hang a right and follow the railroad line you can get across down
a ways where there is a gravel crossing.

Action at Grange Motor Circuit starts at 9:30 on the video.
http://youtu.be/HR5oq7TMF8A

Last edited: