Sat JUNE 1st 2013 SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing 2 Year Anniversary Extravaganza!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
To celebrate SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing's 2 Year Anniversary we are
going to have everyone cruise the track for a few laps and stop for a
group photo of all the bikes on the track at the start of the lunch hour.

After the second 11 HP/ UNLIMITED class heat finishes before lunch all
the other racers will start their bikes up in the pits, make some sweet
noise and smoke then cruise around the track for 2 laps.

All the bikes will stop on the track for some group photo shots.

The whole track cruise and group photo shoot will also be videoed by
the riders and by Ken aka # 60 oldbiker with his very cool DJI Phantom
helicopter drone from an aerial perspective.

It's going to be a really Fun event that everyone will want to be seen in!!

Grange Motor Circuit Track Aerial Video at SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing on
April 13th 2013. More aerials to come from www.kwmachineworks.com who
sells the Phantom & GoPro's.

http://youtu.be/FkcjawfdVE8

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'm going to be there with two bikes racing in the 'mid' & 'pro' 2-stroke classes.

I'm also donating several prizes for the amateur & mid 2-stroke races.
Huge thanks to Norm for some great prizes for the 66 cc 2 Stroke Amateur Class and Intermediate Class.

A Complete 66 cc 2 Stroke motor kit brand new in the box!

Four of the Venice Motor Bikes Disc Brake Adapter Plate for
Chrome Springer Forks.

One of the Disc Brake Adapter Drop Outs for Monark Forks.

Norm's Intermediate Class race bike!

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I made it to Jim's PIZZA place at 9pm just in time to order.a delicious potato, cheese and broccoli pizza to go.
There are the usual guys here all asleep now at 2am. nashmoto scotto Dan and his GF the Rust brothers. Jake and 3 of his riders that were at the last race a new Guy tall Steve from Fb Sophorn and ?
The moon just came up but you can still see the stars, its a little chilly outside ....I love it out here!!!

So come on out today Sat for a helluva Fun day at the track!!

I am going to sleep, getting up at 6.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
My son and I had a great time even though his bike lost a piston and ring on the pace lap of the first heat race in the Amatuer class. He got a lot of practice time in before the heat races and rode pretty smart so at least he got in some track time. I on the other hand wasnt as smart and rode too hard when I found myself in second place in heat 2 of the mid range class, Im a noob to the whole motor bicycle thing and should have realized I was pushing way too hard and braking way too deep into the turns. I locked up the front wheel an went over the bars pretty hard! It didnt help that my KTM bike was pretty fast and since i hadnt raced anything in years and never raced motor cycles I was a kid in a candy store today. I cant believe how well the SBP jackshaft shifting theory works on a KTM.

I guess someone got it on video and I will post a link to it as soon as its available, it sounds like it was pretty funny and we all might as well get a good laugh! Im in a lot of pain right now an I could use a good laugh too! Also I had a Gopro helmet cam going so I will have a good view of the track surface up close and I will post a link to the when I have it.

My little stunt at least gave my son a chance to race the KTM in the mains so some good came out of it, great work by my son to get the bike fixed and race ready by the mains, thst thing as pretty much mangled.

Great work by Neil and his crew, especially the medical technician......lol.

And thanks to all the great people that race these crazy things, what a wonderful group!

I will update my 2 bike build threads to reflect the good and bad things both our bikes went thru today as soon as my body stops hurting so much, this typing stuff is a real beyatch right now!

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Had a great time it was a little hot but wasn't to bad. My little China girl ran flawless and got me a first place finish in the intermediate class. My Ktm clone powered bike still had a few issues but was running well. I think I finished 6th in that race. Its hard to hold off the torque of those four strokes with just 49cc.

I will have some videos up soon, thanks to all the sponsors who supplied all of the great prizes and to Neil for putting on these races. And thanks Venice motor bikes for the engine kit that I won. Also thank you joker machine for the awesome trophies you made.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks for putting on a great show, Neil. We had a blast, and couldnt have asked for a better day. A little heat, but not unbearable. California summer. gotta love it! I'm glad to have been able to contribute to the event, and many thanks for splitting up classes; it made for a more fun, less deflating experience. Back when we had only one 66cc class, it was tough for a lot of us to cross the checkered flag and then see that the Rust gang was already showered and fed by the time we finished the heat.
After a 2012 season riddled with mechanical DNF's and wipeouts, it was just Awesome to place on a podium. Intermediate or otherwise. I was very happy to have my L.A. crew of bad news bears with me out there tearing it up. They did very well, and Kudos to Ike for taking 2nd on his first ever race day! We really had a fun battle for second, and he took it with grace and style.
This race is the first one I left with a big Sh*t eater on my face. ear to ear teeth, thank you very much! The only bummer for me personally is that its the last race until October. I wish we could find a way to have Summer night races. That's what California is all about. perfect weather for racing for 4 months straight, as long as its after sundown.
Dave and I will be racing the perris flat track this season starting in a couple weeks. He has arranged for our own motorized bicycle heats interspersed with the big iron, and Everyone is welcome! I think Scotto showed some potential interest, and hopefully You, reading this, will come join us. Check the racing thread here, as well as arrowmotorizedcycles.com for more information. also FB/arrowmotorizedcycles for information.
We raced 3 times last summer, and it was far easier and more forgiving on the bikes than I had thought. I actually liked it better than the hot daytime road races. big crowds, hot dogs and popcorn, beer for spectators. great times.
But back to this grange race. Thanks Everyone for making a great turn out, and a mostly fun and fair day of racing! I will say this, however...
Neil, for god sakes- this is a motorized BICYCLE race. Please stop with the clown cars and integrating mopeds into our classes. the mopeds are clearly a diferent animal, and need their own heat. the Clown cars- well, keep them in NZ

thanks everyone foe a great day!

Jake

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I was so close to being there! I had to make a hour pit stop in California City but it turned into an all weekend event.:(
I had my big umbrella, chair, new camera, beer & water on ice and new bike all ready to go!
#suckstobemeonraceday!

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
Im fine Neil, just real sore. I gotta say you run a good show! Dan and I had a great time and we will be back! We loved the track and the competitors were fantastic people! And the Cross Eye Cow Pizza was great, Im a pizza lover and that was some of the best!

Thanks Neil!