New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
By popular demand the WhisperDrive Jackshifter is being pushed forward!

That means "OldNumberThree" is taking a back seat. In case you've not been following along, OldNumberThree is a OpenTransmission JackShifter only (i.e. isn't a single speed converted) concept that shares ideas/similarity w/ Thee "HFV2". Think Manual and AutoMatic!

The WhisperDrive JackShifter is a more traditional set up in that it is a 1 speed transmission that is further reduced and Jackshafted over to your PedalPower side utilizing your derailieur as a manual transmission (a la SBP).

This means that current and near future "WD" owners will have upgrade capabilities and those looking for a 4 stroke shifter alternative will have an option to look forward to.

THe "HFV2" is running strong, is incredibly reliable and as fun as a motorized bicycle can be.

Unlike the WhisperDrive Universal Kit thee "HFV2" is a currently a custom build every time therefore thee "HFV2" is currently available in very limited qty's. It utilizes a Max Torque CVT unit. Jim Donovan (owner of Max Torque) upon seeing the videos

YouTube - FBC HFV2 FreeStyle TomFoolery!

YouTube - FireBelly's "Smokin Tyres"

complimented the system for it's innovativeness, said he had never seen it transfered like it is, and acknowledged that it works well.

We (mostly me but never just me) are but a humble/small American Co. Who (I believe) bring a lot of originality and creativity to the plate. We are lofty in aspiration/ambition w/ no illusions of grandeur. Open to influence but stubbornly determined/focused!

Please, as always, feel free to contact w/ ?'s, comments and observations.

[email protected]
[email protected]
206 660 2387

CommuteAble MotorBicycles for the Real World!

Salute! Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Clumsy Me!

Just realized I've not posted pics of the exhaust. We'll be updating the website this week to reflect our current products and to ease the ordering process. In the mean time if your interested you can email or pm me w/ ?'s and inquiries.

It mounts right up to the stock HF manifold and fits just about everything.

Thanks! Evan

.wee.

Attachments

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey Glack,

It isn't necessary to change the cap but (IMHO and according all my M/C riding friends) the NGK cap is the best on the market!

NGK part# LD05F

Attachments

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks GN!

Also wanted to give a bit of a general update.

WhisperDrives are goin' out slowly but surely. Not w/o some bumps in the road. Everyone has been incredibly patient. Thanks again!

I've produced the first run almost entirely on my own and have definately been shown the limitations of the one man band! Also learning who (vendors) I can count on, and who, well, I can't.

Dan has been a huge help w/ all the ideas, testing and feedback (and a good friend too), as have many others. Thanks again!

I'm working w/ my favorite local production machinist who'll be taking over the majority of the WhisperDrive manufacture so that we'll be able to ship immediately
and I can focus on continued product development.

This thread is an amazing ThinkTank at times and a great place to bs at other times. Thanks everyone for the continued support and encouragement!

Current turnaround on WhisperDrives is still at around 1 week and I anticipate that in 2-3 weeks that'll be cut down to a few days.

The JackShifter is going well; Helps greatly that SBP has gone to great lengths to bring some excellent mb specific components to market. Kudos and thanks to them for the remarkable dedication and determination!

Really excited about the V2 2 spd auto CVT unit as well! It's truly Awesome!

You should start seeing these products (in build form) pop up outside FireBelly's Lair! We'll be updating the website all week as well so hopefully that'll help streamline things as well

Cheers! Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
In more good news, FireBelly is moving (not very far)!

Neeeeed Mooooorrre Shop Space! It's been getting crowded/dislocated at my current location and we'll now have a lot more space dedicated to FBC.

All of this in the spirit of streamlining production, assembly, shipping etc.

From about 200+ sq ft to almost 500 sq ft! Whahoo!

Not lookin forward to moving but definately toward bein' moved!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
No Doubt GN!

When I moved my milling machine in I did it the cheap/stupid way and maybe saved a 100 bucks; not this time. They can have the C-note and I'll have the time and the body left over!

My lathe can be disassembled to be a one/two man job but the mill weighs 2000lbs. It's forklift time!

Cheers!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Well.....

Day 1

I picked it up at the shop that I bought it from w/ a truck that had a 2000lb lift gate. The shop had forklifts but couldn't drive onto the lift gate so they busted out the fork extenders and got it into the box truck. And away we went!

By that time the plan was already falling apart because I had planned on having it on a pallet so it'd be easy to move w/ a pallet jack (cap. 3600lbs). It wouldn't fit in the box truck on a pallet cause it was too tall.

So we (a buddy from the day job and I) arrived at FireBelly's Secret Lair w/ the mill in the back o' the truck. He pulled the mill onto the liftgate w/ a tow strap and his Toyota Forerunner (while I crapped my pants and screamed for him to stop). Once on the liftgate and lowered close to the ground I backed into my driveway ready for the unload. Him and I muscled/slid it off the liftgate. If I remember it right, once we had most of the weight on the ground I drove the truck very slowly out from under it. W/ nothing under it to elevate it for the pallet jack we still needed to get it up off the ground so we put the gate under the knee and tilted it backward enough to get a 4x4 under it.

Todd had to go and I needed to return the truck or rent for another day so he left and I returned the truck.

When I returned I still had to tilt it forward to get another 4x4 under it and be able to fit the pallet jack. Used the tie downs in my pick up, a come-a-long and the e-brake to tilt it forward and get the 4x4 under it.

Day 2

Shop's in the back of the house; grass on one side (long way around) narrow uneven concrete and walking stones on the other. I picked the latter.

Went to Home Depot; picked up sand, plywood and a couple of guys. We leveled the ground w/ sand and plywood and rolled it back to where it is now in my shop. (40ft in an hr).

I thought it would tip over at least 3 times = to the amt of heart attacks I nearly had. Was sore for 2-3 days. What a fiasco!

Just looked into renting a forklift (for this move), pneumatic tyres and all, having it delivered and renting a truck. Last time I might have saved a $100-$150 after truck, gas, lunch, sand, plywood and workers and most of all, but not counted, TIME!

This time the truck is a wash since we're moving anyway. Instead of 8 or 9 hrs it should take 2. Needless to say, sometimes/often, it's better to just pay the dough!

Humbly Yours, Evan FBC
Cheers!

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
TS: I was just watching the tomfoolery video again. I love the sound of that pipe. I noticed at the end that your chain idler looks like the wheel is on top of the chain pushing down instead of under pushing up is that the way you kept it. Is it better that way.

Thanks
Glack

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Glack,

I think, at that time, I didn't have the idler on there. Typically I think you have to route the chain up and over the chainstay. If you have the room you can do it either way.

Cheers!