New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very cool Dan! There always a work in progress that is all the fun. Starting to like these 4 strokes! Go right up to the gas pump! Chicken theme sounds good snork..

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Max,

I'll take pics at the new lair! We're moving this weekend. I'll have a dedicated FireBelly phone line too (movin' on up).

Lookin Good Dan!

Cheers! Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey Guys!

Move is complete, lots of organization/unpacking left, but everythings falling into place. Space, oh sweet space!

Fotos to come.

Cheers!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Glad to hear it's over for the most part and ya have a larger work space. Moving is a big stresser. Once a shop is set up, is sweet how much easier it is to work

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Yeah Dan,

It's awesome, already, in the new space! Room for the machines, stock parts, power tools etc and still room to pull a car in if I need to (but otherwise not allowed)!

In more good news, I've found a great source for sprockets in sizes from 22-78 teeth to complement the sprocket adapter I offer for disc brake rear hubs.

I'm currently looking for a new shop to manufacture the components that make up the WhisperDrive as the shop I've been using has been too backed up to relieve me of the backlog.

We'll be adding the WhisperDrive kit, Harbor Freight straight pipe exhaust, the universal JackShifter attachment, and the Harbor Freight 79cc motor Throttle Conversion to the website this week. Even more new products coming soon!

Who says the sun don't shine in Seattle?!

Cheers! Evan FBC

P.S. WhisperDrives are avail pm or email w/ requests

Last edited:

farmboybiker

May 28, 2010
camden nc
Belt drive from the motor, automatic, final drive is a chain. Sounds familiar. You're not copying my EZMotorbike kit, are you? I've rode mine about around the world....don't see how you could improve on it.

farmboybiker

May 28, 2010
camden nc
Don't mean no harm to nobody. But I been messing with motors and bicycles and go-karts, and drain diggers (you gotta' be a farmer to know what that is) and things for about 45 years. As for my motor bike...well...somebody just got it right! Only thing I've ever done to mine is oil the chain and put some gas in it about once a month.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Belt drive from the motor, automatic, final drive is a chain. Sounds familiar. You're not copying my EZMotorbike kit, are you? I've rode mine about around the world....don't see how you could improve on it.

whatchootalkinboutwillis?

So you have ridden "your ezm" 25,000 miles?

I think if you were a little more informed, you would realized the falseness of this statement.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just saw your intro. http://motorbicycling.com/f14/just-plain-ol-farm-boy-thats-19530.html#post186928 Know a guy in PA with the exact same set up as yours.

"I've seen just one other set-up that caught my eye. I'm not sure of the name, I'll have to look that up again. I mean, I just got here!! Hehe. On that one, though, it's got a plexiglas (soft plastic) cover that looks like it's real close to some of the parts that get hot. Plexi melts at 260 degrees, and I'm pretty sure the inside of the enclosure is going to get hotter than that. And just from looking, I don't think the clutch on that one is covered at all. I can just see my pants leg getting ripped off at 30 miles an hour. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Anyone who knows more about this than me....I'm all ears!! Write me." You'd be right if it was the same clutch or Plexiglas. But as you are new here, welcome.

farmboybiker

May 28, 2010
camden nc
I think if you were a bit more informed on "farm talk"..you'd know that just means I've ridden it for a very long ways. I guess I forget sometimes that city folk read this stuff. It's a great machine, I don't see how anyone could make it better, and if you guys are going to do nothing but attack me for telling you how great the EZM is...I mean...why you here? As I said...I built equipment for my farm for over 40 years. I know what I'm talking about. My little motorbike is good stuff. They got it right!

And yes....I'm quite aware of the fact that the Earth is about 8000 miles in diameter, and that using 3.1416 to multiply that would show that I would have to ride approximately 25,000 miles to ride "about around the world". Excuse me for my ignorance. I didn't expect a city guy to understand what "about around the world" meant. FYI...next time you hear a farm boy say that....he means he's been a long distance. Us farm boys might be considered ignorant....but Good LORD, man!...did you really think I really rode around the planet?

We can talk, friend. You don't have to be rude.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think if you were a bit more informed on "farm talk"..you'd know that just means I've ridden it for a very long ways. I guess I forget sometimes that city folk read this stuff. It's a great machine, I don't see how anyone could make it better, and if you guys are going to do nothing but attack me for telling you how great the EZM is...I mean...why you here? As I said...I built equipment for my farm for over 40 years. I know what I'm talking about. My little motorbike is good stuff. They got it right!

And yes....I'm quite aware of the fact that the Earth is about 8000 miles in diameter, and that using 3.1416 to multiply that would show that I would have to ride approximately 25,000 miles to ride "about around the world". Excuse me for my ignorance. I didn't expect a city guy to understand what "about around the world" meant. FYI...next time you hear a farm boy say that....he means he's been a long distance. Us farm boys might be considered ignorant....but Good LORD, man!...did you really think I really rode around the planet?

I hate to bust your bubble farmer, but I have been wrenching for 40+ years myself, and not one bit of it was in the city, so choose your words wisely.

JTinFL

Feb 4, 2010
Port Charlotte,Florida

You're my kind of people there FamBoyBiker!I'm off the farm myself,transplanted in Florida 43 years ago_One thing in Florida is you can take a trip and never leave the farm,so to speak.I've met people from all walks of life.Thank the good lord for having had the blessed life of being raised on the farm.Gave me the common sense and common courtesy to get along in this world.The man who kmows everything is never capable of knowing anything else.

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
You're not copying my EZMotorbike kit, are you?.
Ok so like Dan said the clutch is on the opposite side
they are similar not the same

so is staton inc copying grubee or is grubee copying staton inc(for those who dont know they both make gearboxes with gears in them)...which is it,..none of the above

its good because of its simplicity...a belt and a go-kart clutch...nobody is stealing blue prints here

those which accuse Evan of copying EZM better be drivin a Ford or else you're supporting a copycat

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OK so like Dan said the clutch is on the opposite side
they are similar not the same

so is staton inc copying grubee or is grubee copying staton inc(for those who dont know they both make gearboxes with gears in them)...which is it,..none of the above

its good because of its simplicity...a belt and a go-kart clutch...nobody is stealing blue prints here

those which accuse Evan of copying EZM better be drivin a Ford or else you're supporting a copycat
I agree jared8783 have you looked at how many different companies build racing go carts about the only difference from one to the next is power plant. I say who cares what the configuration is as long as you put everything you can into and I mean your head and your heart into it. After that who cares if two guys are using the same clutch. If you make a quality kit and it is going to last and your customers are going to be happy. So some one has to ford and some one has to be Chevy and don't for get dodge. Forget all that lets get them with support warranty when it come this type of thing I say if you don't want to be copied then get a patent approved and don't let a soul see it until you have it approved. Anything out side that I say all for one and one for all . Or look at it this way most of the parts we use to build these kits are off the shelf parts there is now way that maxtorque is going to tell ez that they are going to be exclusive and if they did they would be cutting them selves off at the knees as far as sale go. And how about Honda and Huasheng all I can say that if you are going to say to any one your coping me you better have patents to back that talk up or it is copy away free for all. And if not here is what you sound like boo hoo your coping me :p. lastly if you think you can through those words (your copping ez) out there and expect to not get a loud and resounding response then you may have spent too much time hiding under the haystack
Just saying
Terry

Last edited:

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
thanks terry
i never thought of the honda/huasheng thing

3 last thoughts here

q-matic is designed around the q-matic
whisperdrive is designed around Harbor Freight 79cc

i have never seen a post of quenton accusing anyone of copying
and i KNOW that quenton is a huasheng man, he really likes it a lot better than the honda, he says it revs higher

(for those who dont know the huasheng is known as the honda copy/clone and quenton is the man who designed the q-matic)

Last edited: