New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really the throttle, rear sprocket and the motor are the only chinese items. The bearings and chain are made in Japan; a reaonably ethical 1st world country e.g. decent economy, honest dollar, civil liberties etc. Materials aren't cheap, and neither labor, so keep it basic and simple in manufacture!

I gotta say that I'm happy w/ the throttles that I've been using. They're cheap Chinese ATV throttles that I put real motorcycle grips on and they just work. I choke to kill (no button).

I'll post some progress Fotos this eve Jared. Some hopefully exciting developments in store for you, I'll pm you w/ details!

Dan nice Fotos! I like your "StayPuff" exhaust!

It does not look too much like an m/c; it gives proper homage to the ilk while retaining the integral motorbicycle componentry! Pedal once in a while, even though you don't have to and smile your totally legal!

If I may suggest something I noticed in the wheel Foto. drop one of the hose clamps and move one into position where it has some leverage on the end of the drum keeper rather than at the base i.e. mount clamp furthest from axle.

FireBelly Cares!

.wee.

LOL Evan! I been calling it the Dr Sause (sp) after your original pancake one. Not a fan of calling it "staypuff" (sounds like a Johnson and Johnson product to help elevate personal itching) So gonna go with "Burger myster, myster burger" (ok, I got nuton' snork) Too, too funny but that second hose clamp is just stored there. It was to hold the plastic threaded coupler for the BMMB muffler but didn't need it. The pipe is now held on with a plastic zip tie. The HF runs so amazingly cool. You can touch the pipe close to the manifold after it has been running for 20 mins and put your hand on the muffler any time.

Awesome day at work. Ride in was a joy. Had a cup of coffee as they had no work for me and I am good at that. But spent the whole day thunking on an all American build. Your so right and I have no problem with Japanese components or Chinese for that matter. But just to do it, a Briggs engine, Firebelly mount, whisper drive like drive, Jim's or Andy's sprocket and hand made cable controls. All on a real Schwinn. (not a wallyworld one)

.flg.

Man, I have to get a real job to pay for all this. LOL. Started on the flying/floating MB too.

It's only money and I can borrow more. (I hope)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lookin good TS!

My muffler fell off, lol. Guess I did need a hose clamp. I had gone to visit my mother who live a town over, across the CT river. What an awesome ride. Bike fits in the elevator to the top of this scenic walkway. About 20 kids sitting at the top were really great and fun. Then ridding around the town and neighborhood where I grew up was a goof. Not just driving threw.

The HF now is averaging 5000 RPM and has hit 5200. I just relized there is a break-in for 4 smokers, at least this one. Was topping out at around 4800. OH! the low oil sencer wire lock nut vibrated lose and lost 2 drops of oil. Just sayin as it is tucked up and took a bit ti figure out where it came from on a the base and mounting plate.

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
And now back to The Greatest Mo.. er.. ugh..uh hm(VerKlempt).

Gotta put the equipment to the test; I put my "HydroPower RimBrakes" and a set of "CitySlicks" on the the "HFV2 BlackBomber". I know, I know, but it just keeps on gettin' better!

So I set out to run some errands i.e. quaff & groom, late lunch e.g. the Cafe Burger at The Cafe Racer, just like you would make it; w/ a finely crafted N.W. beer "Pike Place KiltLifter". And just some various slicin' 'n' dicin' lookin' and gettin lookin through the asphalt jungle!

I love these yellow bridge columns!

The Crest Theatre is always a Foto Op (restarting it I almost launched it into the road i.e. grabbed a little too much)!

I truly did laugh out loud at myself!

Cheers! Evan

brnot

Attachments

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
It looks like if you stuck with the V2 on that bike you could chop off some of the shaft and narrow it down a bit, unless that's an unnessesary amputation.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It's true Glack!

I've been hesitant in case I need to reappropriate the motor but I should commit (lest I be committed). This thing is truly living up to my expectations of what a motobici should be and can be!

I can't see borrowing the motor from it, that would be attrocious!

Next Fotos nO ExTRa ShAFt!

Also Glack has the best idea of complete guv removal and sealing the hole. Shy of that if you pack a rubber washer down w/ a few reg. washers and a nut you'll prevent the leakage of oil out the "guv hole".

Another weakness of this motor is that frequent pull starting in a row (such as when having starting problems) can cause a tang to stick out requiring removal/disassembly of the starter. When & if this happens lube all the parts w/ a light grease upon reassembly; this should minimize recurance.

BTW Great Brakes are Confidence Inspiring!

Cheers

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It's all WhisperDrive this week can't wait to deliver the first batch! The updated design is truly stout! Improvements include a wider range of ratio options that avoid the necessity of large final drive sprockets, an automatic belt tensioner, lighter, slightly narrower and much sleeker. All of this while retaining the signature "Window to the Works" visual appeal!

Pics later in the week!

Cheers!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Your gonna want to check this out!

So, w/ the WhisperDrive redesign complete, production in process and delivery emenant, there are new developments.

Dan is feverishly scanning the globe (and his neighborhood) sourcing the components that will adapt the WhisperDrive to work w/ the Honda GXH 50 motor. If we can assure reliable operation we'll adapt the Washing (Hua Sheng) Machine as well, the main concern being it's 15mm (as opposed to 5/8") output shaft.

The Honda version should come in at just 1 3/4" wide except at the shaft. The clutch (make and model yet to be determined) is around 2 1/2" wide!

So honestly, it'll take some time before it's ready, but the Honda WhisperDrive is coming!

Cheers! Evan

drn2

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey Jared,

Was just going to pm you! It looks mostly the same! That's one thing we felt we definately got right the first time! It has a larger yet lighter rear pulley (polished aluminum). and after some thought and discussion Dan and I realized that it's doable w/ just a few substitutions.

The easy parts are proper clutch springs and to run #35 chain/sprocket final drive which will enable that little extra o/a reduction while not going huge on the wheel sprocket. The challenging part is an adapter for the clutch on the short shaft, but it is very doable!

Cheers!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Ok so the marathon WhisperDrive push moves on! I underestimated how much work I had in preparation for production so I'm a little behind, not to fear, I said a little behind.

Anyway I'm incouraged by the progress and am truly pleased w/ how it looks w/ the new larger aluminum rear pulley. The hardware is black oxide finish and the new clutches from Max Torque are blacked out too.

The whole thing is coming together better than I had hoped. Definitely worth the wait. pre orders will ship no later than this Sat.

I'll get pics up as soon as possible as well: I think all will be pleased with how it turned out!

In other news another "HFV2" is almost together for independant testing! And the FireBelly Cycles HF JackShifter kit is on the way shortly as well!

Lots of new stuff on the way!

Cheers! Evan