New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Proto "V(ersion)2" shipped today! BeerBattered is helping us w/ development on this project. Although the HF V2, is working splendidly w/ awesome take offs and a respectable top end, there is refinement and potential left to realize.

Honda V2 is in the works now. It'll sure be fun to see how the Honda does w/ this drive system.

We're gearing up for WhisperDrive production. We have a nice small list of adventurers who signed up for the first run. Special thanks to those folks for helping to keep the vision alive.

These are all simple drive systems , original only in specification, borrowed from tried and true products that have been available in other niches for decades. All bearings, components etc that are likely to wear, over time, are off the shelf and widely available.

Stay Tuned! The 1st Gen WhisperDrives are soon to be making their mark.

Cheers, Evan!

Viva la mb!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
UPDATE!!! CT laws on MBs have changed. Code 14-286 has disapeared from their web site. All I can find is;

"Motor-Driven Cycles (Mopeds)
Connecticut law distinguishes the difference between a motorcycle and
a motor-driven cycle, commonly known as a moped. A motor-driven cycle is
defined as any motorcycle, motor scooter, or bicycle with an attached motor that
has a seat height of at least 26 inches and a motor that produces no more than five
brake horsepower. You must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor-driven
scooter, but do not need a motorcycle endorsement.
NOTE : Effective October 1, 2008,16-and 17-year-olds must wear protective
headgear when operating a motor-driven scooter.
In addition, if the speed limit on a road is greater than the maximum speed
of the motor-driven cycle, you may only operate that cycle in the right hand traffic
lane or on a usable shoulder on the right side of the road, except if preparing to turn
left at an intersection or into or from a private road or driveway.
A motor-driven cycle cannot be operated on a limited access highway or
turnpike.
"

Link to site; DMV: Important Information About Motorcycles, Motor Driven Cycles, Motor Scooters, Mopeds and Three-Wheeled Vehicles

dance1

Last edited:

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Shoot, here in MN Mopeds (or motorized bicycles) have a piston displacement of 50cc or less, two-brake horsepower or less, and are not able to go faster than 30 mph on a level surface, as defined by Minnesota lawmakers. If a vehicle exceeds any of these categories, it will likely be classified as a motorcycle.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
That's completely awesome Dan, We have that but you gotta register and lights and so on and so forth. But if it's obviously a bicycle w/ a motor on it they don't care; they don't care about shift kits, 79cc, they don't care. We tell everyone to wear helmets and behave like the best bicyclist you can. Seems to be working.

Kudos to CT!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Lawmakers that are watching the mb movement are, likely, no more amazed than I am that more people aren't getting hurt. Not trying to be neg, quite the contrary; it is inherently dangerous to build your own motorbike and ride it around. And yet it doesn't seem like all that many are getting seriously hurt.

Keep it safe! Rubber side down! Shiny side up! etc

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Speaking of getting hurt my friend was rideing his 50cc vino yesterday when he tried to dodge a crater sized pothole and apparently lost his balance and stepped in the very pothole he was trying to dodge and got his foot stuck and broke his leg and crashed the scooter.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
That's very unlucky! I'm sorry!

Scooters are a failed design that is still widely (maybe ever wider) in use today!

The heaviest thing on a scooter is 3 ft off the ground and the wheels generate no gyro/grip/cofidence (need I go on). An inherantly dangerous mix. So, of course, they are fun to ride!

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Ya the roads here in MN are so bad now. I work for the city of minneapolis as a driver and operator and they cut so much out of the street dept budget they can't possibly keep up with all he bad roads so it isnt safe to ride at night even with lights unless you have a bike with bigger tires and even those could get a bent rim.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Well, just went out and tested 10 or 15 miles of our bad roads on the "HFV2 BlackBomber (vin#00000000001).

It just devoured them! ' actually gets light in the front on accel. Loud @$$ Pipe! Well, you heard/saw it on the youtubes. Can't tell you guys nuthin you don't already know!

Does Everything Very Well! Have a feeling that'll be upgraded to Excellent early next week when a new pulley arrives for a slight reduction in the primary (1.083:1). Top gear is still just a tad tall so an 8% reduction should help scavange some rpms up top and provide greater top speed (approximately 40mph already).

It's already a Pick Up Truck on the bottom end; it'll no doubt be a Wheelie Poppin B/O Machine! And Still Keep Up W/ the Cars on HWY 99 (40mph lmt).

This thing is incredible, truly a dream!

Thanks, Evan.

Time to go get the mill wired (phase converter) for more Fine FireBelly Inceptions!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It just keeps on gettin' better! More bottom and top. Just a test spin so no wheelies just yet! The clutch engagement is still flawless so I'm gonna reduce the primary another 8.3% to 1.1666:1.

"HHSV2" next to come! It should prove to be a "killer" set up as the Honda fitty is a much lighter unit than the HF.

WhisperDrives still scheduled to be delivered 1st wk in May!

All and all "gearing" up for a great mb season! Lotsa work to do w/ no end in sight! I don't know what's more gratifying buildin' or ridin' but I sure do like buildin'em!

Cheers! Evan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Whisper drive update. 500 miles and is great so far. I kept losing keys and lost the bolts holding the rear shaft. The bolts were my fault for not lock tight'n em. The keys were due to my not knowing that the oil on the bolts and set screws negated the lock tight. Live and learn, or in my case, ask Evan, snork.

With this ratio, does 35 MPH, makes the back wheel turn and looks cool. Added a muffler and sounds like a China made scooter at idle and low speeds. Still old world motor bike above 25 MPH. I feel obligated to say some thing negative so this don't sound like a promotion.

The HF blue really sucks. Paint job.

(I hate the the easy bake oven promotion thing) just say'n