New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Wow Nice score I paid a 100 for the used ones I got for my Felt MP project then I had to buy a hub and disk brake kit too then have the wheel re-laced you just get lucky sometimes

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Drive train working flawlessly Engine not reving out, gonna swap out motor and giv'er another go tomorrow.

This drive system should fit any full size frame. we may need to make cruiser versions but I doubt it. Seat tubes are usually 1.125 or 1.25". It seems pretty universal once I get the geometry truly dialed in. Very promising!

OBTW in case you didn't see it in the Vintage ride section here's some foto's of a bike I just picked up off o the craigslist.

dance1

Attachments

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
TS: So does V2 have pretty good acceleration off the line with the HF so I can ride it around town without worrying about the stop and go blues.

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I'll know a lot more today when I swap out the motor w/ one that runs better or figure out this one.

Right now w/ an underpowered engine it starts from a stop fine by one speed standards and goes to about 25 or 30. But it's not even producing a horse by my estimations. Couldn't get motor to rev out last night even w/o load. Gonna borrow from the Electra today!

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
TS: I just removed the gov from my second HF. I was going to do it like MM did by taking off the flywheel and all that but but I decided to give it a go from the inside again and it came off a lot easier knowing how it was attached from doing the first one. Only took a couple minutes and it was off. More later gotta go.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Glack! I am gonna after a couple hundred more miles.

Update on the whisper drive. 300 miles an' all good! Love this thing. Put a Worksman's front wheel on today. (Blew out the side wall on my wally world Point Beach wheel an had to) Great to have good brakes! Met a guy today who fawned over my bike. He asked if we needed backing. I told him we were open to the idea. When he handed me his biz card, turned out he owned a small booze cruise fleet that I had applied to yrs back when I was sailing for a living. Just funny how life is.

This really is a blast.

dance1

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Anyway about that Gov. I got detured after I took the flywheel nut off and wasn't sure how easy it would be to get the flywheel comp off the crankshaft comp so like I said I took a long thin standard screwdriver and sharpened the end on the grinder then chizeled at the plastic gov gear were it slides onto the shaft, like Micheal Angelo and David. Four or five wacks later and it slip up off the shaft. You do have to get the metal button off the shaft first which wasn't too hard either.

Then I took the gov rocker and cut it off just below the semi circle key, then reinstalled it and put a 1/4 inch thick rubber washer on from the top followed by a flat washer, the original nut then the throttle arm, lockwasher and final nut. I ran the motors for a couple hours each and no oil came out the gov rocker hole.

One engine runs real well at a low Idle but the other is being a little funny, it won't start as easy without chokeing or run at low idle as well. I've been playing with the low idle screw and the idle stop a lot and it's still less than perfect.

Is there a specific setting for the low idle screw like 2 1/4 turns out or is it just to taste?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Somebody (who can't easilly be trusted) said that these motors were sorta inconsistant. Maybe he was right. They have a good return policy so go return it and get one that runs right.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Updates,

Runnin much better gonna try a smaller drive sprocket on the final and I think we'll get more top end. The motor is runnin good but I think the final is too tall so when the drive shifts to hi gear it's hard to pull.

As of tonight it's takin' off pretty quick and on the flats it'll do 30-35 easy, starts up hills w/ no problem but slow going at 15-20. So I believe that if I lower the final drive ratio the motor will be able to better find it's powerband both w/ super torquey take offs and a fast top speed!

This is truly exciting, the drive runs smooth and completely silent no flexing or weirdness w/ the shafts, bearings etc. It just works.

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Oh I've had the same inconsistencies with the honda and HS carbs. The one HF isnt any worse than some of the HS or honda carbs I've had. I might just go snag another engine and swap the carb out and return it so I don't have to go through the gov removal again. It may actualy be fine I was just trying to see how low I could get it to idle and not die, like the first video TS shot of his straight pipe.

I have no idea what the rpm's are at low idle but as long as I can get it to idle at a rate that doesnt engage whatever kind of clutch I end up with that's cool. I just remember what a pain it was to get the Honda to idle low enough for the grubee gearbox to not engage.

I can't wait to harness this thing to my bike with one of TS's belt drives to see what kind of power she has compared to the Honda.

I inherited a honda 50 cc metropolitan from my dad and have been rideing that around a bit. Anyone have any idea what the metropolitan rpm's gets up to. It seems to have pretty good low end with a max speed of 37 on the flat.

I'm hopeing to get that kind of performance or better out of the HF with a TS trasmission.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks Glack, It's coming along nicely, fact is right now it's probably the best mb I've ever had but I know theres so much more potential. It's really exciting cause we should be able to do what those scoots do but better and faster. And we are/will. Evan.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Glack, It's coming along nicely, fact is right now it's probably the best mb I've ever had but I know theres so much more potential. It's really exciting cause we should be able to do what those scoots do but better and faster. And we are/will. Evan.
I dont know how many of the guys on this forum are messing with the Honda Clone engines so this may not apply to many, but I have been tinkering with them for a while and I just wanted to give you all a web site that will give you most all the info and parts you will need for just about anything you will need or want to do to one of these GOOD little engines, I've got one of them that is putting out in the 12-13HP range and other have them on methanol putting out 23-24HP, they are so easy to build and parts are cheap and easy to come by, Check out www.affordablegokarts.com these guys are great to deal with and with just a few extra bucks you can get your clone pulling one of these bikes like a mad man. there are some other sources for parts and DIY info. but overall these guys are the best in my opinion, enjoy....!

dnut

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Should be able to get to testing lower gearing on the HF "V2" in the next day or so (will help get the revs/speed up in hi gear). Also starting on the Honda/HS "V2" presently. Was thinking of using the '49 Schwinn! But I don't know. Want to do a cruiser. We'll see, I'll have to figure it out soon!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Version 2. But variable, v belt, in a v configuration made by folks w/ a veracious appetite for motorbikes may have also been contributors.

.wee.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Whahoo! OMG! More Vids Soon! OMG! Whahoo, finally!

fitted a 9t FinalDriver from an 11 to a 48 FinalDriven and it really kicks now!

This thing is really cool; super psyched to do the Honda "V"ersion next!

Takes off from a stop like a scooter/moped/ 79cc motorcycle and runs up into the mid 30's rather quickly! Truly Civilized!

My Best Bike Yet!

brnot

Last edited: