New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
CVT 2 speed w/ 4 settings for hilly vs. flat terrain.

New Pics!!! Maiden Voyage Tomorrow!!

Thought I was almost finished when I started this morning at 9:00 am, wrapped up about midnight w/ some odds and ends left ti finish before testing begins.

drn2

Attachments

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
tyrslider
I know you know who I am but you don't really know me just yet. And I would like to make a small suggestion and I don't want to sound like a smart A$$. First I think your chain idler is a good system but not for this application if you where using a single speed or three speed coaster that would be perfect. But having a seven speed with a dérailleur you don't need it. If you move the rear axle forwards as far as it will allow and shorten you chain as much as you can you can now use the rear wheel as your chain tensioner. Unless the chain is going to rub the lower frame In that case if it dose I just wasted my breath and I will shut up now LOL. Just trying to help you clean up the look a little your going to have a very busy looking MB with two belt dive covers. But very cool MB I love the CVT

Terry

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks guys!

Terry, and everyone else, feel free to make suggestions any time.

The rear axle is fixed in a derailer integrated frame (mtb, road). I'll likely get a 1/2 link for the final drive chain and ditch the tensioner; these (tensioners) work really well if you need'em but I like not to. The chain is in danger of rubbing the seat stay actually. First draft syndrome, you figure out more stuff as you go along!

Busy is what this thing is all about, LOI! We don't cover up our work we show it off! But seriously, I've not totally figured out the guard situation but have no intention of throwing covers over everything.

Keep it coming, You guys think of everything. That's why we come to the HardCore for R&D! Evan.

P.S. Going to the matinee this morn and test rides this afternoon! WhaHoo!

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Tyrslider, this engine/ transmission combo looks sweet. I'm somewhat confused though, is this the second version of the first transmission that you advertised with one gear? The only remaining thing necessary for the 4 stroke motorized bicycle to become incredibly popular is an easy to use automatic or shifting transmission and this seems to solve that problem. Do you think that your CVT will come out soon? I am really excited but I don't know if I should be getting my hopes up since you havn't had many products released recently. I really need a reliable mode of transportation next year for the second year of college and I'm deciding between a small motorcycle and a motorized bicycle and this will be the deciding factor.

Will this ever be publically available in the near future (the next 3 months)?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
That was funny. by TB I meant Terry Blow. Now by TB I mean TechBiker.

TB, We're putting out many different drive systems for the many different needs of the MotorBicyclist. Right now we have 4 drive systems in the works. 1st to be released (all goes well) The WhisperDrive will likely be the first, the V2 (both Honda and HF Versions) 2nd, and OldNumberThree (SlowMotorShifter) 3rd. Things rarely go as planned, but that's the basic current outlook.

Dan is putting lot's o miles on his WhisperDrive and we're not anticipating any delays on it's release.

Thanks again,

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
37.5 MPH! Did the first oil change Sunday. Rustico Ray came down for a ride this week end. After dinner while Ray was cracking up the Mrs an' Mrs Mom, I stepped out for a smoke and changed the oil. Next day instead of 33.5 MPH, she hit 37.5. The carpy bicycle speedo says high of 61.5 KLM (38 MPH!) Wll do another GPS test. Those numbers are speedo but dang sure feels like 35/40.

The ride to work every morning is such a goof! I pass by 30 or 40 bus stops. Should see the looks, lol. My bike fits perfectly in the rear compartment of the box truck I drive. (it's compartmentalized, refrigerated, food delivery style) So after 27 mins of joy ride to work, I load my bike an' hit it for the day. Then joy ride home. I really love my life.

So much more fun with peddles! snork

Last edited:

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
Damn you supposed to change the oil on those HF motors. For 79.00 bucks I thought they were throw aways. I think the speedo needs an oil change. I think it did 35mph Sunday and my guess the same today. The BMP and 50cc 2 stroke friction cruiser gets to 31 or 32mph and you definately had a step on that. That bike gives a little screen door effect because of the misc. parts, also sounds and climbs like I remember. It definetly gets the sidewalk dwellers looking and smiling. As my dad would say its got the sound of a one lunger. A set of peddles and a freind to ride with doesn't get any better than that.

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Looks sweet TS. That bike looks like it's got plenty of room for the works there. Do you think the V2 in all it's glory would fit a cruiser like a jaguar or a point beach cruiser with rear fenders and all in place?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Actually, Glack (nice to see you btw) I do. 'Cause this time I lucked out on bike choice when I made the system height as tall as I did. I've got another 1/2 " that I can shorten the 1st belts center distance w/o changing pulleys and redesigning bearing carriers. Doing that will bring the driven pulley down the seat tube a bit.

Do not for a minute, however, be decieved by any misconception that this clutch and pulley setup is not heavy duty enough for this app. (it's substantial!)

We'll have to see as things develop, these 1st 2 HF units are concept units really as will likely be the 1st Honda/clone versions.

BTW running good, made some adjustments for small improvement. Take off is pretty good and strugglin w/ top so still a bit more tinkering and dialin'.

Thanks

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Sweet! Just picked these up for a yet to be determened 4 stroke project. Thought it might be nice to run some m/c like suspension; maybe run 26 rear and 24 front to get it lower an inch and run the triples as low as allowed.

Marzocchi forks, shimano xt hub and disc, hayes caliper/lever, and an off brand neck, but cnc aluminum none the less. All for $145 at the local used parts depot.

dance1

Attachments