New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
That is a sexy tach! Does it seem to work well? I only got to test mine once with the engine at idle before I tore the bike down for painting.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
seems to work great! gonna make a "dash" around it. GPS, speedo and that. The HR meter is a big plus. Takes the worry out of oil changes.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Took her out again today after redoing the throttle assembly for 5 hours and finally deciding on putting it back the way I had it, lol. With and by the tach, idles at a purr around and just over 1100 RPM and maxed out at just under 5000. At that RPM, she did 33.5 MPH. The poor bike and wheels is in rough shape and my oh so clever throttle assembly does not reach the end stop. I am just guessing she would top out at 35 MPH or so. She purrs along really nice!

Civl, just want to thank you again for the tach! (Civl donated it to the project) Made a whole lot of stuff so much easier. Hope you can make one of the MB get togethers some time up this way. They are a blast. Dinner and first (all) rounds are on me.

.flg.

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
No problem, buddy. Glad I could help with something. I would love to make it up that way. Maybe things will work out sometime. You know, if you ever head south the same goes for you.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Ok so heres some pics to show the "VariAuto" Drive system in progress.

An added benefit of this set up are that the pulleys on the left are narrow so we are able to shift the motor over to the left a 1/2" (can remove an inch off the crankshaft) The cranks clear the pulleys on both sides. Need to finish beveling the mount and machining the shaft support for the "2 speed" driven pulley. It will clamp on to the seat tube w/ a large (surface area) heavy duty machined billet aluminum body w/ pressed in sealed bearings. The system is designed to run w/o tensioners; the carriers for the 1st shaft are adjustable for and aft for tensioning the first belt and once that belt is adjusted the center distance for the "2 speed" pulleys can be set by raising or lowering the driven pulley shaft support on the seat tube.

Pretty simple really! Just the way we like it. Simple and reliable!

Also noteworthy is that this system is entirely 1st world manufactured, yes completely. Japenese bearings and everything else is 100% American made from foundry to machine. Not tootin' a horn just wantin to make "LocaMoto" products that feed and transport my neighbors.

As usual thanks for checkin us out, do good things! Evan FBC

Attachments

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Jared,

No correction needed. This is how many of the serious racing karts are jackshafted (through the mount).

Max,

Oh yeah forgot to mention that Those crank arms are just fitted to check clearance. A chainring attaches in proper alignment. And I generally employ used mtb or road arms as I don't like the steel chrome ones that come w/ the wide spindle (I just grind the chainring mt off).

Coming along nicely, btw. The driven carriers should prove pretty time consuming made manually! Just the way it goes. They'll be pretty, I just hope they work as well as I anticipate. Started on'em today.

Things are progressing nicely, thanks, Evan FBC.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Long ride today. My throttle assemble not only sucks, well, it really sucks. Engine and drive train, awesome. The guys at Granger glowed over her. work in progress .

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was asked early on about the exposed belt and drive, if it would work in rain an' snow, Took her out in the freezing rain today. In the great words of Capt. Foss, my mentor and favorite super hero crime fighter Mariner, "Ya aint wet until the crack of you butt is wet, then your soaked" I talk and type very well soaked. The drive worked like it was a sunny, summer day, Home run TS! Please know that this is "proud Poppa syndrome" not promoting a product. I am only here to share and enjoy our mutual joy with MBs and MABs. I hate it when folks use a social endever to slam home a product. I just hang out here with friends. But me really happy! TS is an artiest. an we do'in even cooler stuff.

Man! I am loven it! I dream it, TS fixes it and makes it. Life good! snork

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Nice Dan! We'll get your hands dirty yet, you've not escaped the clutches of hard labor!

It's true, it's exciting/crazy (i.e. insomnia, forget to eat 'cause I gotta keep buildin', wakin' up dreaming about the days projects etc)to be a part of this passtime as it's growing exponentially right before us. We consider it an honor and a privilage to have place to sit in w/ the HardCore and share ideas, give and get feedback, and get help testing our designs by peops in the know.

That said, we just recieved components for our next endeavor. "OldNumber3" will be a belt drive JackShifter set up for the HF 79 and other "SlowMotors" (3600-5000 rpm motors) that utilizes your bikes rear deraileur as a multispeed transmission. Will offer much of the versatility of the "V2" (Variato, Vbelt drive, in a V configuration, 2 speed), at a lower cost, w/ a more manual feel. Like the WhisperDrive the centrifugal pulley clutch is on the crank, so it is an automatic clutch w/ manual shift.

Should be wrapping up V2 protos in the next couple weeks (will have some updated Fotos tonight or tomorrow) and begin w/ OldNumber3 then.

Back to work (play), Cheers!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
should say, TS is doing some great stuff. really cool MBs. Mind blowing stuff, the guy is gifted.

talking about ya not to ya TS!. look away

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Update Fotos of the "V2" Drive. The seatube clamped bearing carrier will be beveled around the edges (ran outta time). I'm also working on guards to keep pants and body parts out.

Attachments

beerbattered

Jan 1, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Here is my solution to the throttle.

I think I will have to remove the gov for this to function properly but that is a small price to pay for a throttle assembly that is where it's supposed to be. I read a post that said the gov pivot leaks oil. I don't care because I will do whatever it takes to make it stop. In the last pic, you will see four holes, two on the gov arm, and two on the throttle arm. If you need more travel in your twist grip/thumb lever, make the spring and the linkage rod trade place in those holes. Also, that cable clamp is just your standard cheapo cable clamp that comes on all kinds of different department store bikes. Do not drill the gov arm out while still attached to the motor.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It is an optimal location and it utilizes bits that come w/ the motor. I thought maybe if you squashed a rubber washer under your pivot arm it might stop the leaking. It doesn't come out under pressure it just seeps or weeps.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
update, another long ride in the rain. My throttle still sucks an' stuff is rusting. but the rig did not slip a bit. snork

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
update on the update. I now have peddles but in the rain no brakes, was a really fun week end. Folks either gave me thumbs up or the finger. In either case, I waved back