New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Dan, your a wild man! I think you like ridin' in the rain, for ships and giggles. And theres nothin wrong with the North American Bird, it's known all over the world. Throughout the animal kingdom much of our communication is nonverbal! But wavin' back is priceless.

beerbattered

Jan 1, 2010
Coral Springs FL
The noodle is not really homemade, I had to experiment with different doodads to make it fit together snugly but they all came off of various department store bikes. The only things in that assembly that really are homemade, are the brackets I made for the return spring and the cable adjuster nut. Depending on your mechanical skill/aspiration to take the gov out, I think this is going to turn out to be a pretty darn good throttle option.

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
So is the dual speed transmission going to be available to the masses? What would be a price estimate? I was thinkin' about a two speed high/low transmission using a belt after I ordered by pocket bike cvt. Your design is really neat!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Took her to work today (in the rain, lol) Blew through a stop sign screaming. Cop watching traffic for road construction looked over, then looked away.
The guys at work went nutz! Loved it. When I got back to work, some one had put a teddy bear on the seat! lolol, cracked me up. Really love the folks I work with. My nic is "Easy E" got no clue why.

Muffler an' air filter arrived today! Man this one great rainy Monday

Attachments

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Dan I love your bike I can't wait to see some video of it running down the road.
I just want to say one thing and that is a word of caution about running a 4 stroke with out a exhaust pipe. It has been known for a long time that you need a exhaust pipe of a minimum length for reasons of valve warping as a result of cooling off to fast directly related to a lack of an exhaust pipe of some kind. I love what you have built I would hate to see you have to rebuild that head so soon after all the work you have done Great job my friend
Terry

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har, no, ya didn't Terry. Had a buddy crash a plane due to just what your saying. I did put the header on so there was some back pressure. But you can touch it 5 mins after shutting down. I didn't make the connection until you mentioned it

Can't for the life of me remember what this is called. "some thing freeze"?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey,

Runnin' a little behind but makin' steady progress. Should be lighting her up by this wknd. I'll update fotos tomorrow (where's your foto's of your pipe Dan?).

This set up seems simple to dial in and it's fairly minimalistic. The install is simple, The first belt I figure I put 15-20 lbs of tension on it. The second is set to a specific center distance by raising or lowering the final drive shaft bearing carrier.

2 fairly critical measurements to setting up this drive system e.g. squaring the 2 shafts and the 2 speed drive center distance. I found that both could be adjusted, carefully, by using a machinist's rule. We will include one w/ the drive.

Anyway, update fotos tom. Thanks, Evan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Pics of pipe soon buddyroe. Prolly tonight. Looks awesome. Funky steam punk with the curve and electrolytes! (It's what plants crave) Long ride today. sweeet

Great about the 2 speed!!

Borrowed a good vid cam for a ride-by vid and am still working on the ringtone.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
pipe pics.

Funny side note. I was sitting on a park bench after a "test ride" today. (Shh, the Mrs.'s goes along with this as me being at work) A buddy of mine happens along. He is an avid RC builder/flyer, pilot and mechanical guru. I show him the drive an' HF engine. He laughed at both and said (and I quote) "Dan, you are one of the most *explitve-ed* up builder, fabricator guys I know. I mean that as a compliment" I told him TS did all the heavy lifting design and cut wise. But wait until you see VersionII and our 2 speed. He hates, and I mean hates MBs but is big time in to the innovation part. We really need to get this guy on board. He does some great off the wall stuff.

TS, awesome job making that pipe! For some one who doesn't have a PB, wow!

.flg.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
TS, NASA needs you! (we could sell them on the electrolytes thing) Its what plants crave. jus' saying

awesome work! As always, sweeet

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
fully auto John. Works on centrifugal motion. As RPM increases, it goes to a higher gearing. As you take off, slow or come to a hill, and engine slows, it goes in to low. At speed, it gives you top end gearing. (and electrolytes but shhh, trade secrete. snork)

Last edited: