n00b With new china motor stumped

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Since you know it is firing it may be your fuel mix, you said you added more oil in the first post. I would empty the tank and carb and fill it with 24/1 mix, 5oz to a gallon.

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I have, i was messing with wiring and got it running again. Every time it dies there is no spark amd there is always spark before iget on it. I think It is the blue wire from the magneto, When mess with it Sometimes i get my spark back

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Are you still using the brass looking push together connectors? Sometimes they do not make good connection. If the connector is not the problem use your meter to test the blue wire, set it to ohms and touch the leads together to check meter operation then touch one lead to the end of the blue wire and the other to the solder joint on the coil. The meter should zero out or the needle should swing , move the wire around and see if you loose the connection. On one bike I had a new kill switch that the wire was broke inside so it could happen on a magneto.

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
when the wire fell off I took the covering off the coil, the ring that you see on the top of the coil is where the wire was positioned. I didn't see any sign of it being soldered to anything On the coil but did on the wire. zpt

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
To repeat what I posted in the other thread you posted in, throw that coil away and order a new one. Removing the outer wrapping and insulation probably did more damage to it. Just replace it and then your engine will run again.

Tom

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Thanks again two door, i just filed it in the round file. Its been a long process but ive got it figured out finally. I am ordering a magneto from the link greg posted. I will post results

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yep, I've taken coils apart & they're just too cheap to buy to try to fix one : (

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
this is going to sound real stupid but I'll try and check your switch just unplug it and see if the bike start with the power switch un pluged.....

if the bike starts up fine with the kill switch unplugged then what has happened is you got water in the switch or the cheap switch broke.

the switch on my bike stops working every single time it gets water in it, and the exact same thing happens it'll just cut off and die, and I will not be able to start it again until I will go and play with the switch or disconnect it. finally I did away with the switch all together and installed a real one, I had to do that because the vibration from the bike was causing the switch to vibrate around and cut the bike off and on while I was driving.

when your bike cuts off while driving the first thing you should check the switch in order to check it all you have to do is disconnected and see if the bike starts back up if it does and the swhich is the problem.

if the switch is fine then you can move on to the spark plug boot in the magneto. it has been my experience that the CDI box hardly ever fails I am still on my first CD I am on my second engine it has over 4000 miles on it and it still in perfect workingorder

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
.wee.okay everybody so I got it running. It turned out to be the magneto coil, I just replaced it and got a new bicycle. got her running like a champ now thanks again everyone .shft.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks for the advice and the complement on the bike
You're very welcome bro, ride safe and enjoyyour creation..... you did a fine job putting that bike together from what I can see.

Istillhave andride my first build, it has several changessince the first state but itsstill running strong after 2000+ miles and its a pleasure to ride.

Map
dnut

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I'm glad it is running again, I have the Schwinn oversize seat on one of my bikes. That seat makes long rides less painful.