n00b With new china motor stumped

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Ok, well my phone gets cut off tonight so it will be a while before i report back on this but i will try to get a hold of another internet source real soon, and icy conditions outside wont permit me to do anything today. Thanks a million though i will be back soon

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Turn on the WiFi function and go to any restaurant that offers free WiFi, I have a phone that is my backup that I have used on WiFi only.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
To measure resistance set the meter on the setting area above the common or black wire in the picture of the meter, touch the meter leads together to check the meter. It should display zero, the decimal will move as you change from say 10k to 100k setting. On you meter its the x1 and x10 area.

Last edited:

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The picture below is how i tested it and reversed the lead wires with no readings either time. the multi meter is brand new and it works when testing batteries and such. Ive tried other wires and nothing everytime. just to eliminate anybody asking, yes I was peddling the bicycle I have my spark plug out to alleviate the compression

Attachments

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The testing in the link is not done while pedaling, set the meter on dc Volts to check while moving. Testing while moving is hard for me.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I can't tell anything from your pics - too blurry.

If you have spark, then there is nothing to test on the magneto, because it is making a spark.

It could be a timing problem with the CDI, but more likely it is something else like bad carb, or air leak, or bad head gasket.

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I just messed With the carb a little after reassembling the whole bike And got it runnning for a little bit and it died on me again. Checked for spark,gave one tiny spark and nothing. before i road it it was getting good spark.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Sounds like it is flooded, is the choke lever opening up all the way? The main jet has been known to fall out into the bowl causing flooding, one of my bikes started running rough and I found the jet had loosened up. It hadn't fell out yet but would have soon.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I agree with greg. Sounds liks its flooding.
Double check your float and needle valve for debris. I have also seen the main jet come unscrewed several times on customer bikes so it does happen.