lessons learned from pets

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
LOL, a true sign that folks have to much money. (Or that I have to much time)

Neuticles.com

Carol's boss (the vet) said he could sew a couple of marbles in cheaply.

That just seems wrong. Instead of having a glass jaw.......
A buddy of mine back in Cleveland loaded his Golden Lab into his truck one day for that fateful trip to the vet, the kind of trip where not all of the dog comes back. They used standard anesthesia, so the dog slept through it.
At home the dog woke up and, in time, began to do some self grooming. Then suddenly, the dog had a perplexed expression as if he noticed something was missing. He said that dog just stared for a couple seconds, then looked around nearby. Then he got up - and stomped off, and was scarce for a while. He said to this day that dog will NOT ride in the truck.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
A buddy of mine back in Cleveland loaded his Golden Lab into his truck one day for that fateful trip to the vet, the kind of trip where not all of the dog comes back. They used standard anesthesia, so the dog slept through it.
At home the dog woke up and, in time, began to do some self grooming. Then suddenly, the dog had a perplexed expression as if he noticed something was missing. He said that dog just stared for a couple seconds, then looked around nearby. Then he got up - and stomped off, and was scarce for a while. He said to this day that dog will NOT ride in the truck.
LOL, Would you?

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
After a tuff night of attacking toes trying to escape under blankets, protecting us from house plants ready to pounce and other dangers that mere humans can not see. Stewie takes a well deserved nap in the rising sun's warming rays.

After rest and a hearty meal, the great grey hunter will continue his rounds when the sunsets.

"Call me, Cat-Man"

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Any readers here? If you love dogs, try these:

'The Art of Racing in the Rain. by Garth Stein.
If you love dogs and race cars, this book will become one of your all time favorites.

and

'Inside of a Dog' by Alexandra Horowitz.
Ever wonder why a dog will pee or poop then scratch the ground with his back feet? Or, why a dog gets nervous at the vet? This book will give you insight into what makes dogs tick, and why.

Enjoy fellow readers.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Any readers here? If you love dogs, try these:

'The Art of Racing in the Rain. by Garth Stein.
If you love dogs and race cars, this book will become one of your all time favorites.

and

'Inside of a Dog' by Alexandra Horowitz.
Ever wonder why a dog will pee or poop then scratch the ground with his back feet? Or, why a dog gets nervous at the vet? This book will give you insight into what makes dogs tick, and why.

Enjoy fellow readers.
Tom
Awesome Tom. Ya know I was thinking of you and your love of reading a while back and wanted to do a book club thread. I have not read in yrs and want to get back in to it. My eyes are bad so was thinking I could do books on tape.
I am still shocked you did not read "Travels with Charlie" Steinbeck on a cross country trip with his dog. (that turned out to be fiction even though he claimed to have done it. Grapes of wrath! snork) Truth be told it was so dull I didn't finish it. Really sucked. But with his name on it, was a must read back then.

"Man, unlike any other thing organic or inorganic in the universe, grows beyond his work, walks up the stairs of his concepts, emerges ahead of his accomplishments."
- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath, Chapter 14

It's good to be close.

LOL, great pic Mike! There is nothing like a warm day with the dawg lounging next to ya

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Meanwhile, on the Serengeti, there is a pecking order. Until the little dog wants water. Then he politely "baps" the much larger dog (closed pawed) in the head. Quietly expressing that he too would enjoy a drink of water. Shelly being a lady, graciously steps away.

Life is harsh on the Serengeti. (and seemingly, in the kitchen too)

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Here is the brave soul that saves my house from the monsters under the rugs and those scary water bugs, he is known as, Caboose. If anything he showed me how my 75 gallon aquarium is not cat proof and cannot be made so. From duct tape to thumb tacks to getting pushed into the tank, nothing can stop him from going back up there to get a good drink of fish water.

Attachments

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I was in bed last night and started laughing picturing you face down on the hall carpet and Shelly and Stewey De Cat under the bed going through you wallet divvying up the goods and talking about Milk Bones and Kibble.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Never lived with a dog and a cat at the same time. Is really interesting and funny.

Shelly DeDawg is afraid of water. Turn a hose on and she is as far away as she can get. Stewie the cat is afraid of the dark! Have to turn on the light for him to go down the cellar.

Shelly, God love her, is an emotional mess and with out a doubt, bipolar.

Stewie, (aka, idiot cat, stew-man, get down from there!) ya walk in the door and he looks up with a "hey dude" look and lays back down.

He does this thing when getting chased by the dog or the imaginary demons our house seems to be chock full of. He runs around corners by running up and "burming" off the walls. The dog (and hopefully the "not really there" pursuers) can't make the turns and either slide in to the wall or lose ground. Is really hysterical to see. A truly artful escape. Then he sits up on some thing basking in his glory, taunting his attackers.

He is just a really well coordinated little boy full of mirth and mischief.