Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
May have to dictate the report Tom do to the inability to keep an upright physical position. That cocktail would have been what my old dad would have describes as a Block and Tackle.
You have a hard time walking a block and not tackling anyone who looked at you in an odd way.

Wish Mona a Happy Birthday for me. My 78th was last month.

Steve.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Salutations to you Kirk.
Steve McKee came by to day on his Moto-Guzzi, Norge. He wears glasses.
View attachment 109007
Now there's a crew!

Mike Brown is going to host another Scare Crow Run next June and he wants to make it bigger than ever...
You all should consider it. looks to be about a 3 hour 40 minute drive from Rubicon, that's not much farther than what we drive from DBQ...

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Squall line is still off shore by BC radar. Whoopensocker low. Lock the shutters. Pour a dram and head to bed and listen to the rain beat the moss off the shingles.
Kinda wish I was there. Lightning has passed before my face twice. Apparently I am meant for a more bizarre end.
Weather here is in an extended drought. Great for the harvest of drought stricken crops.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Woke up to sun. The storm closed in about 1am and the rain did fall and the winds blew mightily. Some 30,000 without power but we escaped. Tuesday we woke up to sunshine and by noon a rare hail storm with pea sized hail. Then the rain came down again with some wind. Today it was sunny for a good part of the day and no rain.

One of the few places I've lived where it can be a sunny day and rain hard at the same time.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Torrential rain started Saturday about noon and ended Monday at noon. Massive flooding and roads closed everywhere. Could be a record rain fall. High winds and they will be up to 60 miles an hour today tonight.

Bright red sunset. Cold front moving in tomorrow with close to 32F temperatures. I love life on the Wet Coast.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Vancouver like weather here the last few days Steve, low 20's F tonight. Got Mona in hospital today. Her red blood count was way low. They are whilst figuring things out. Infusing her with two units of hemoglobin.
Will know more Tuesday. They were tag teaming her hot and heavy.
Hang in there buddy. Gonna be a long F'n Winter.

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Vancouver like weather here the last few days Steve, low 20's F tonight. Got Mona in hospital today. Her red blood count was way low. They are whilst figuring things out. Infusing her with two units of hemoglobin.

Tom
Take care, I can see these difficult times. Were pull for you an yours!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Torrential rain started Saturday about noon and ended Monday at noon. Massive flooding and roads closed everywhere. Could be a record rain fall. High winds and they will be up to 60 miles an hour today tonight.

Bright red sunset. Cold front moving in tomorrow with close to 32F temperatures. I love life on the Wet Coast.

Steve.
Went riding an camping after rain stopped for four days. Plenty puddles, mud, trees down in trails path. CalFire workers with couple of trucks and many buzz saws and helpers out. 2018 fire has plenty of burned trees and fallen or ready to fall on trails after wind an rain.

see videos:

I was using full riding gear. My camera survived a branch upside the head as so to speak... you will hear it if not see the branch over hang.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Tom
I hope Mona is doing better tomorrow. What a plus to live in an age where we have the benefit of modern medicine.

We are indeed in for a rough winter ride I think or as I prefer to call it, "The Long Dark" which it is here with the constantly overcast skies. Day long twilight. Ten day forecast has two sunny days in it. I'll believe it when I see it.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Went riding an camping after rain stopped for four days. Plenty puddles, mud, trees down in trails path. CalFire workers with couple of trucks and many buzz saws and helpers out. 2018 fire has plenty of burned trees and fallen or ready to fall on trails after wind an rain.

see videos:

I was using full riding gear. My camera survived a branch upside the head as so to speak... you will hear it if not see the branch over hang.

Great to hear from you. The videos showed the ground around us. Wet and muddy. They are advising not riding the trails inland do to the unstable ground. Saw the branch slap you helmet in the video and all I could think of was it was a good lesson on why you should wear a helmet when riding. That would have knocked you of the bike without it.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Received the lights from China yesterday. However something was lost with the clicking on the product, translation and I received the tail lights below. Absolutely wonderful taillights they are too.

Machined from solid brass with the lens being glass and filled with small bubbles like an original one would be. Heavy as well. The knob on the back has a on and off push button and unscrews to allow a AA battery to be installed. The lens ring unscrews and the bulb is an LED. Lens is 1 1/4" across and the ring is 1 7/8" across.

I found them here thanks to PeteMcP.

I looked on the web again and found a reproduction bicycle lamp in California. I'll contact them Monday and order a pair if they have them. I'll put a link below in a moment. They are true oil lamps or they can be converted I'm sure in needed.

Steve.

1639791077093.png