Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Bad enough when the job sucks Tom, but then they steal your tools on top of it? I'm following a blog of a chap who did work much like you did but for Ford Canada from his apprenticeship onward until he retired.

They travelled South for the winter except this past one where the border was closed so he thought he go back to work as a welder for a company that did work for car manufacturers. What a work hole. Owner says he want's this done right away and the shop manager comes by and tells him to stop and do something else. He tells him the boss said do this and the attitude starts.

It seems they have welders going through constantly until this chap organized everything and cleaned the shop up and that isn't good enough it apparently.

As I heard once that a chap I was working for was so greedy and not overly bright that he would stand on a quarter to pick up a nickle.

That was indeed true. He admitted that he didn't know how much I did there until I left.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I really got to remember not to have fluids in my mouth when reading your posts Steve, I almost killed a keyboard.
An electrical devise properly adjusted to get you speaking in tongues whilst spilling State Secrets, gets my respect.
It would also reprogram my Pacemaker I suspect.
I keep jacking you up to find out if you are still corporate. I can't do house calls, but I would if I could. Just leave a light on.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom, just as I heaved myself out of the chair to begin the trek to the garage with the camel caravan to make sure I survived the trip I raked the Wheel from Hades across the arm of the chair. The following dance as I tried to rip the wires loose must have looked epic from the outside. All I could think about was karma visiting once again. Never mention the Unmentionable One.

New note to self was not to route the wires under the T shirt and under the belt. Placing the power section in the pockets is not advised either with said wheel pointing out.

Steve.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I knew of injuries of one that rode many rodeos and other laborious jobs and ended up getting a device implanted under the skin above hip. It did I guess like what you mention but is internal. A device you charge a battery on a belt allows magnetism through the skin to the implanted device and keep it charged. An on off switch and settings on the belt device communicating to the shocker inside the body seemed quite dramatic. Though I guess I did not spend much of any time on the bad pain med that has been in the news for at least a year now. Gabapentin supposed to be less an evil to have to take. Will also see again about manipulation or very specialize light massage, but I don't know that it had ever helped.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Ya ever think Steve, that maybe ya oughta engineer a stop or multiple stops on the bloody adjustment wheel? Ratchet.
Just saying. We all did things in our youth of which dividends have accrued.

I drink alot. For me better than aspirin.
Never at work. With one exceptions. In 1979 working for Gardener Products Inc., I was the old guy being 28.

Jack Gardener, should have known better. It was tradition before I got there. About once a month, Jack having passed out checks at 10AM, must have just went back to his desk and his bottle of Malox.

Come noon we headed to Dick's Townhouse Tavern a block away. Cashed our checks and ordered the best Burger in town.
With a beer. That first beer. A 6 oz shorty. And then an another. Why Jack never came and chased us back to work?
He coulda. and we woulda. Jack Gardener died five years ago.

And now for the rest of the story. When Jack' folks moved up from Mississippi during WWII. They settled in Aurora, Illinios home of Thor Power Tool and from where the first Indian engines were produced, and then later Thor Motorcycles.
That is where Jack apprenticed. What comes around goes around. Jack and I before he went independent had a coworker/ Tool Maker, Ron Lundquist. Ron was a Thor rider/racer.
Take care and be good Steve,
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Mr. B,

Hope your well and building bikes.
I've been meaning to get back on here but haven't made it until your reminder of just how long it's been. I just looked at the last comments date and yes it is time.

Arthritis, only a word until it's your involved. Lost the summer and much of the fall to it. Haven't posted about it because it gets repetitive before long. To shorten it, walking has been a luxury and hobbling farther than the 12' to the bathroom is not happening other than rare occasions.

Worst of all is it's in my hands in a big way. I keep them in a rolled up heating pad a couple of hours a day to ease the pain so there hasn't been a lot of typing been done on the computer.

Just to kick things up a notch we've had a wet and cold fall starting in early September. We have been warned that there is a "Weather Bomb." sitting off the coast that will hit us tonight or tomorrow with winds at 100km or 60+ miles an hour and torrential rain.
That means kiss the electricity good by as the trees and various parts of trees fall on the power lines as the winds blow.

Bits of trees going past my window sideways at a fast clip. I can look at the sky over the Pacific Ocean from where I'm sitting and it's not looking at all pleasant and 10 minutes later it's brightening up. Probably pressure from the storm out to sea moving things around.

However the bright side of the dark cloud is I'm slowly feeling better and I hope to get back into the garage for a few hours a day weather permitting. Have to use the chop saw outside as well as the welder. I'll post what's happening next week.

Take care every one.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Good to hear from you Steve, I saw that big low off your coast this AM and said OH $HIT!
Weather here is South East Wisconsin has been relatively mild but I have managed to find excuses for not sorting out the 79cc reluctance to take a load.

Best excuse is the approaching winter weather. This last week weather permitting was wood making time, splitting and filling my wood shed. Odd mix of Boxelder and White Ash. 2 1/2 cords should hold me till Spring.

Next project is relining the fire box of the Drolet wood stove. Full set of refractory bricks and new fiberglass door gasket, arrived in a week. No import duties, no brokerage fees, just UPS drop kicking. Big box stamped FRAGILE
Must have took it as a challenge. :D Damm Quebecios'ers.

Stay strong Steve. Hearing from you, only if it is a whimper of miserly, is a way we will know you are still with us.

Been thinking of starting a new thread in the Tavern about books being read. A wooden boat forum has one, which has lead me to volumes I might not have known about otherwise.

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Tom,
Record low off the coast is a record setting event. I think the last one was 1977. These are called Bomb Cyclones. This is the second one in 4 days. The first one stayed off in the ocean.

Vancouver Island gets hit the worse especially on the West coast since the next land fall is Japan. All that ocean for the storms to get going in.

I'll put a link to a weather story. Near the bottom there is a map with a lot of areas shaded in red titled Damaging Winds Expected.

After September 1st next year we can only have fires in approved enclosed fire places and three years after that only gas fire places are allowed. Best news is November of 2022 we can sack the pompous little $hit of a Mayor and his Posse before they ruin the city beyond all repair.

I hope to keep reports coming in the future.

Steve.

zing

Feb 23, 2019
Hi Zing,
Do you ever get the feeling that for some reason we are the only football in the game and it's for the championship and the kickers both have size 17 shoes?

Steve.
Hi Steve LOL I know that stomped on feeling well. We have been trying to pack and move to where we will spend our retirement for months. I am happy to be still be in the game even when I get benched ! I moved my stretched cruiser still waiting for its engine off to the side yesterday........ the shed for my new shop is ready to be finished inside !!!!!!

BIll

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
That bomb will surely be a cause of aggravation for your Art attack Steve.
Batten down the hatches, turn up the furnace and ride it out ... perhaps with the help of some of that cider you pressed earlier in the year. Or has your home made hooch already long gone down the hatch?

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Last few days heard ocean from mile away. It sounded like a lot of jets flying over all the time, except for some loud crashing sounds. A watering can hanging on a posts hook in front of my place picked up 6 inches of water over the last week. It was really empty when I am finished BBQing. I fill it in case electric goes out and no water pump to put out small things. Also don't want to breed mosquitoes, so it is emptied when done BBQing. 21ft 16sec on the NOAA weather radio for my area by Pacific. My friends that windsurf went SF Bay at Berkley, Palo Alto, and Half Moon Bay Harbor. I used to do that but 7mph gust 35mph is nuts. 15mph gust 35mph a few times 2 weeks ago I sailed two days and was recovered a week later. Not like I am that young anymore?

The hops in the last picture was harvested about a month ago before it had a chance to get soaked and or blown away in gale winds.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Pete,
The Bomb Cyclone burst all around us and we received some high winds but we've had much worse. Further up the coast to the North they received a righteous walloping and out on the Island as well. Some 7,000 people without power. We didn't lose ours and not even a flicker from the lights.

Cider is still bubbling in the back room. May be ready by Christmas. I do have plans for it but there are 12 U.S. gallons and even as much as I like cider I'll be a while getting through it only because I need to retain some of the mobility I still have.

My brother said when he closed the carboys up he tossed in some extra sugar so the specific gravity should be interesting when we test it. Looked up the term "Scrumpy" and this lot seem to fit nicely. I may make some Apple Jack. Cider put in an open container and frozen so the water freezes around the outside and the alcohol is pushed into the middle. I can testify to just how wonderful is is and how dangerous at the same time if over consumed.

Art has left me alone so far. Lots of rain coming over the next few days so he'll likely make his move then.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
On Boxing Day, you will have to recount the goings on, on how yer Scrumpy takes you. Down swinging or just out for the count,
The UK boys in the Bilge mentioned a more pugilistic Scrumpy and what ever it was with beer I think.
Mona and I will be out for a drive Tuesday, the day after her 75th BD. Will look out for a fresh jug of cider.
Canadian whisky and apple cider is a favorite Fall cocktail.

Tom