Indian Tadpole

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Bad enough when the job sucks Tom, but then they steal your tools on top of it? I'm following a blog of a chap who did work much like you did but for Ford Canada from his apprenticeship onward until he retired.

They travelled South for the winter except this past one where the border was closed so he thought he go back to work as a welder for a company that did work for car manufacturers. What a work hole. Owner says he want's this done right away and the shop manager comes by and tells him to stop and do something else. He tells him the boss said do this and the attitude starts.

It seems they have welders going through constantly until this chap organized everything and cleaned the shop up and that isn't good enough it apparently.

As I heard once that a chap I was working for was so greedy and not overly bright that he would stand on a quarter to pick up a nickle.

That was indeed true. He admitted that he didn't know how much I did there until I left.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I really got to remember not to have fluids in my mouth when reading your posts Steve, I almost killed a keyboard.
An electrical devise properly adjusted to get you speaking in tongues whilst spilling State Secrets, gets my respect.
It would also reprogram my Pacemaker I suspect.
I keep jacking you up to find out if you are still corporate. I can't do house calls, but I would if I could. Just leave a light on.
Tom

Reactions: Nightster

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom, just as I heaved myself out of the chair to begin the trek to the garage with the camel caravan to make sure I survived the trip I raked the Wheel from Hades across the arm of the chair. The following dance as I tried to rip the wires loose must have looked epic from the outside. All I could think about was karma visiting once again. Never mention the Unmentionable One.

New note to self was not to route the wires under the T shirt and under the belt. Placing the power section in the pockets is not advised either with said wheel pointing out.

Steve.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I knew of injuries of one that rode many rodeos and other laborious jobs and ended up getting a device implanted under the skin above hip. It did I guess like what you mention but is internal. A device you charge a battery on a belt allows magnetism through the skin to the implanted device and keep it charged. An on off switch and settings on the belt device communicating to the shocker inside the body seemed quite dramatic. Though I guess I did not spend much of any time on the bad pain med that has been in the news for at least a year now. Gabapentin supposed to be less an evil to have to take. Will also see again about manipulation or very specialize light massage, but I don't know that it had ever helped.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Ya ever think Steve, that maybe ya oughta engineer a stop or multiple stops on the bloody adjustment wheel? Ratchet.
Just saying. We all did things in our youth of which dividends have accrued.

I drink alot. For me better than aspirin.
Never at work. With one exceptions. In 1979 working for Gardener Products Inc., I was the old guy being 28.

Jack Gardener, should have known better. It was tradition before I got there. About once a month, Jack having passed out checks at 10AM, must have just went back to his desk and his bottle of Malox.

Come noon we headed to Dick's Townhouse Tavern a block away. Cashed our checks and ordered the best Burger in town.
With a beer. That first beer. A 6 oz shorty. And then an another. Why Jack never came and chased us back to work?
He coulda. and we woulda. Jack Gardener died five years ago.

And now for the rest of the story. When Jack' folks moved up from Mississippi during WWII. They settled in Aurora, Illinios home of Thor Power Tool and from where the first Indian engines were produced, and then later Thor Motorcycles.
That is where Jack apprenticed. What comes around goes around. Jack and I before he went independent had a coworker/ Tool Maker, Ron Lundquist. Ron was a Thor rider/racer.
Take care and be good Steve,
Tom