Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Still working on the Indian tri car. It's trapped behind the Epic Electric at the moment in the garage. I plan to move the Epic behind the Indian so I can get it outside to see if it will start. Cleared shelf space so I can get a lot of things off the floor to do this.

Watching the vintage car build that Mr.B. posted where the builder used square nuts and bolts I started investigating and found a source of new ones in various sizes and lengths . I'll change out all the modern nuts and bolts I can with them. Just the perfectionist in me.

Have a brass horn that looks like a serpent to install as well and will order some brass flex hose and a bulb so I can mount the horn on the front seat and the bulb on the handle bars.

Steve.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Can you find nuts that have square threads as well? It took a week to find one, to my dad's dismay. All I did was change the table saw blade and I dropped it. The way the thing is made is you drop it, it falls in a 2 sqare foot enclosure. Not a problem if you recently cleaned out the saw dust that collects slowly in the containment. Just it was about 2/3 full. Magnetic material is the special square thread nut, but still not easy. Spreading the saw dust with the nut in it somewhere across half the basement floor and broomed it back and forth. Then it was found.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I'm pretty sure you can still buy square headed bolts and nuts in smaller sizes at most hardware stores (up to 5/16" perhaps?). I know for a fact they still have them at Menards (Sorry to my Canadian friends). Although I don't think the heads and nuts as quite as thick as antique ones, but neither are modern hex heads for that matter...

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My brother and I refer to the local Home depot as "The Boutique." Our area are has multi million dollar homes where they call, The Guy, to repair anything. It has building supplies but a larger than normal home decorating items and home lighting areas and Lowe's is 25 miles away through heavy traffic. How bad can it be you ask? Well, let me tell you. You can't purchase stainless steel nut's and bolts or hardware. You can however step over to the appliance department and purchase a $4,000 and up, fridge or stove.

Menard's, where I used to stock up when I visited Silverbear. Truly a kid in a candy store.

I looked on Amazon and found what I wanted. Time to order up and wait.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi, Curt,

I just looked and there is one a few miles from us. I didn't know they were here in Canada. I will go up to look at it next week. Hopefully they won't be a shadow of what they are in the U.S.

If Ace didn't have it it wasn't made or so it seemed. I'll let you know next week what it's like. May be my favourite new store. Thank you for the reminder.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Here is the company I'm ordering the nuts and bolts from. They have a lot of unusual fasteners such as bolts with no slots cut in the head so you can tighten them down with nuts and make them look like a rivet.

They are in Portland Oregon and ship world wide.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Started a sidecar build for my Grandniece. You can find it here.

Steve.