Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Steve, #3,454
I never used cold rolled copper sheet and I expect it was "Work Hardened" as you used it. It acquires hardness with your hammer by as you know compacting the molecules.

"Triumph motorcycles recommended heating them cherry red, new or used, and water quenching them. Others said air cooling them was fine but the water quench slowed down oxidization"

STeve,
We were 18's old and I don't think Rick Sorensen read much of anything.
We helped him to pass the written Constitution test.

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I wear gloves to keep sun off windsurfing. Maybe the are too small or shrunk. Irritated some area on one hand where my nerve pain is almost in check with meds. Felt burning and itchy but better a few days gone by. Gonna look for some other gloves. Also like carpal my hand had a problem with a water proof case I used to put in an already said submersible water proof Personal Locator Beacon for emergency. Get this it was just slightly moist in the extra waterproof box. Though back on land I could not open it without using a car key to pry the latches. That aint good when in the water I would have had trouble. Found another waterproof container Pelican Brand and it does not need a crow bar. I thought I was smart, maybe now?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi, Mr.B.

In the deep and dark recesses of my brain or rather the remains of it, there lurks a plan for a boat tailed 3 wheeler clad in mahogany strips with a metal hood and a long ago purchased tractor grill in front. Powered with both pedals and an electric wheel in the rear with an appropriate wattage to make it street legal here in Canada.

I am hoping that as a gentleman of an advanced age with limited mobility I could claim it to be a mobility device. Personally I see no reason to join the old duffs riding around on mobility scooters that lack any charm at all or cost $10,000 plus so you can have something that looks like a small car.

I did however look at Worksman Cycles parts list where they sell a wheel made specifically for vehicles like the 1901 Oldsmobile, yesterday. No provision for brakes however but they can be overrated for use when a vehicle is driven by an experienced motorman.

Still trying to get the Epic Electric tri car build advanced but the weather has affected my arthritis to a degree that getting out to the garage is nearly impossible. I get to sit here and watch the monsoon rains fall daily. The winter temperatures are in the low to mid 40's F usually which is fortunate or we'd have a 40' plus snow fall every year. As I always say that is one of the joys of living on the Wet Coast. It runs from here in British Columbia, Canada to Northern California.

Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Steve.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Hi, Mr.B.

In the deep and dark recesses of my brain or rather the remains of it, there lurks a plan for a boat tailed 3 wheeler clad in mahogany strips with a metal hood and a long ago purchased tractor grill in front. Powered with both pedals and an electric wheel in the rear with an appropriate wattage to make it street legal here in Canada.

I am hoping that as a gentleman of an advanced age with limited mobility I could claim it to be a mobility device. Personally I see no reason to join the old duffs riding around on mobility scooters that lack any charm at all or cost $10,000 plus so you can have something that looks like a small car.

I did however look at Worksman Cycles parts list where they sell a wheel made specifically for vehicles like the 1901 Oldsmobile, yesterday. No provision for brakes however but they can be overrated for use when a vehicle is driven by an experienced motorman.

Still trying to get the Epic Electric tri car build advanced but the weather has affected my arthritis to a degree that getting out to the garage is nearly impossible. I get to sit here and watch the monsoon rains fall daily. The winter temperatures are in the low to mid 40's F usually which is fortunate or we'd have a 40' plus snow fall every year. As I always say that is one of the joys of living on the Wet Coast. It runs from here in British Columbia, Canada to Northern California.

Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Steve.
I know what you mean!
Hardly a day goes by without some burning inspiration for some new big project and I already have two lifetimes worth of them started and scattered about!

Imma always looking for motivation & discipline, and have been considering starting a projects orientated Youtube channel that might compel me to be more productive. The challenge of a video a week could be a good means towards much greater output. Although even just starting a channel is a sizable new project I haven't found energy for yet! LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
A build on YouTube would be great. Especially if it was outside the usual China Girl on a bicycle. It would indeed be a commitment in terms of time. I watch a lot of YouTuber's who talk about the 20 minute video I just watched taking them 4 or 5 hours to produce and upload.

Perhaps a tri car build?

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I watched the vintage car build, Mr.B., expecting a predator 212 engine in a really well made body. This car is built with an engine from the era. Like so many builders on this forum this is craftsmanship at the highest level.

Hot rivets holding parts together to the use of era correct square nuts used on the bolts everything done on the car is properly done.

Well worth the time to watch it.

Thank you for sending it along.

Steve.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
A build on YouTube would be great. Especially if it was outside the usual China Girl on a bicycle. It would indeed be a commitment in terms of time. I watch a lot of YouTuber's who talk about the 20 minute video I just watched taking them 4 or 5 hours to produce and upload.

Perhaps a tri car build?

Steve.
What is this China Girl thing you mention? LOL!
There is nothing you can't find on the YouTube, what a great time to be around!