Indian Tadpole

Discussion in 'Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles' started by silverbear, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon Well-Known Member

No video MT, but a few years back I was out boating with a buddy and my engines fuel system got to starving the carbs so my buddy squeezed the primer bulb to keep the engine running all the way back to the dock.
    Tom

MEASURE TWICE, indian22 and fasteddy like this.
  2. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope the weather is great and you can get out for a ride.

Canada's Thanksgiving is celebrated on your Columbus Day which delight's Canadian merchants. Longest Black Friday sale you'll ever experience.

Steve.

3. fasteddy

Hope to get back at it shortly. Pancreatitis and a sever arthritis attack at the same time.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon and indian22 like this.
  4. Ralph hop

Ralph hop Well-Known Member

That sounds awful Steve. I hope you can get some relief soon. I'm a young guy but have arthritis. I eat raw garlic to treat it. It's a blood thinner so it can be dangerous but it works good for me. I can't give this out as health advice and I'm not a doctor but I chop it up and gulp down with water. Also know please, that I hesitate to give any advise because of different reactions with medicine and allergies. Wishing well..Ralph

#3184 Ralph hop, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    fasteddy and indian22 like this.
  5. indian22

indian22 Well-Known Member

Feel better Steve one or the other's bad but combination punches are brutal.

Rick C.

fasteddy likes this.
  6. Tom from Rubicon

Sorry to hear you are getting unwanted down time Steve, hang in there and obey the doctor.
    Tom

indian22 and Tony01 like this.
  7. fasteddy

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the garlic tip. I haven't used that one. My go to is either organic cider vinegar and honey or grated fresh ginger steeped in boiling water and sweetened with honey. Powdered turmeric sprinkle on or in food is another one.

Steve.

8. fasteddy

Hi Rick,

One feed the other and it was interesting to say the least.

Steve.

indian22 and Tom from Rubicon like this.
  9. fasteddy

Hi Tom,

It's let up enough now I can get around. Got a bit done on the bike done today.

Steve.

indian22 and Tom from Rubicon like this.
  10. fasteddy

Followed the discussion thread, Bike builders who have machine tools/shops in the Tavern section further on down the menu about chain tensioners. I had one for the pedal chain to take up a lot of slack and decided to remove it rejoin the chain without the missing link installed.

Pressed the pin out and removed the side plates and pressed the pin back into the next link. Adjusted the wheel so the pedal chain is tight since all I need it for is the coaster brake. This left the drive chain slack but I already have an tensioner installed but on top of the chain.

I'll move the tensioner to the bottom of the chain and tomorrow I'll work on a way anchor the tensioner from rotating into the spokes. I'll get some photos tomorrow to show what I'm doing.

Steve.

EZL and indian22 like this.
  11. fasteddy

indian22 likes this.
  12. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Well-Known Member

Interesting...
    If it sells quick I may
    start a new sideline. LOL!

#3192 Mr.B., Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  13. Tom from Rubicon

If ya got to go holistic.
    My go to is either organic cider vinegar and honey or grated fresh ginger steeped in boiling water and sweetened with honey. Powdered turmeric sprinkle on or in food is another one.
    Never did the cider thing Steve, but the rest are in most of my recipes big time. I work with a Moroccan buddy and he has expanded my use of beneficial herbs and spices almost as much as Indian cuisine on the vegetarian side.
    Stay well,
    Tom

indian22 and fasteddy like this.
  14. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Well-Known Member

Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cub of orange juice for me every morning. Puts a little spring in my step!

15. fasteddy

Spent a few hours over the past couple of days working some more on the bike. Managed to get rid of both the chain tensioners. Took two links out of the drive chain and one out of the pedal chain which left the axle right at the beginning of the opening for the axle. Just far enough in to be safe with the rear wheel adjusters so it won't pull forward for any reason.

Drive chain is just the right tension and the pedal chain is slack but all it needs to do is operate the rear brake and keep the tri car legal. The old fella doesn't pedal anywhere for any reason anymore.

Removed the exhaust brace when I put a larger sprocket on for the pedal chain. Looked at it today and I'll have to come up with something else tomorrow. Being a really high revving two stroke motor it should have something to brace the muffler against the vibration.

Still trying to work out a way to get a clutch lever lock on it. The lever doesn't lend it's self to an easy install. Another brain drain for tomorrow as well.

Just had an 18 hour monsoon rain and there is some more on the way they say. It is just the Wet Coast living up to it's name.

Steve.

Attached Files:

#3195 fasteddy, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  16. Tom from Rubicon

Just had an 18 hour monsoon rain and there is some more on the way they say.
    All I can say is you folks must like dismal dreary. At present we are about the same. I take a vitamin supplement of Vit D to offset the lack of light. I also take fermented beverages to lightened the mood.
    Best to you Steve,
    Tom

indian22, EZL and fasteddy like this.
  17. indian22

indian22 Well-Known Member

We're just catching the edge of this one, but still wind chills in the mid twenties, big change from shirt sleeve weather two days ago and light jacket yesterday, but no wind. You guys up North got to be tough. My neighbor is still combining corn in the Dakotas, brrr!

Rick C.

Tom from Rubicon and fasteddy like this.
  18. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

5 degrees with wind chil - 9 Looks like back 30 in couple days, heat wave, LOL. Just thank god it's not like it was 30 - 40 years ago.............Curt

19. fasteddy

It's 41F here on the Wet Coast with cloudy skies that the sun is trying to break through and not doing well. Beautify British Columbia as our license plates say.

However I live in the garden spot out on the South West Coast 20 minutes away from the U.S. border and two blocks from the Pacific Ocean. Most of B.C. isn't that fortunate and they are skiing on the mountain tops about 30 miles away.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon and indian22 like this.
  20. Tom from Rubicon

Hi Steve,
    Curt and I are in the same weather pattern, Curt just gets it first and I follow. We have been below freezing in the PM for over a week. A local moraine deposit has had artificial snow now for several weeks.
    https://www.littleswitz.com/
    Tom

fasteddy and indian22 like this.